• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It does not appear that BLM has yet organized a protest in Milwaukee. Unless now, any instance of unrest is going to automatically be attributed to BLM.

Is there an official structure to BLM? Your response brought up this question in my head I found a blacklivesmatter.com but didn't know if that's official. I wasn't thinking of it as an organization but more as a slogan.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is there an official structure to BLM? Your response brought up this question in my head I found a blacklivesmatter.com but didn't know if that's official. I wasn't thinking of it as an organization but more as a slogan.

It is slowly moving from a movement to an organized body.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    BLM? Where is this connection being made?

Do they hand out membership cards? Would it be a stretch to believe the people involved were not supporters of BLM and that their actions are inspired, at least in part by previously sanctioned BLM actions? Since BLM has been implicated by the press, have they made a statement regarding these actions and distanced themselves from them?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait. You really gonna argue both ends?

I understand what you're trying to say, but this instance doesn't have any of the hallmarks of other BLM instances, neither from the spontaneous versions nor the organized.... well, other than having black people.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would point out that we are running into the difference between an organization and a general movement. It would be much easier to answer the specific questions if BLM were a card-issuing, membership roll maintaining, dues paying type of organization with a hierarchical leadership, a constitution, bylaws, and printed standards. As it is, we have a general aggregate of people with more or less similar views and purposes, with no central organization, flocking to a common slogan and a common belief in placing ethnic heritage over any identifiable principle aside from promoting themselves and any behavior they choose to exhibit based, again, on ethnicity rather than principle--augmented with an apparent preference for expressing themselves through violence against persons and property rather than any more civilized medium of communication. Obviously, this takes in a lot of territory and a lot of groups which are broadly similar but still often quite different from each other. Defining BLM necessarily will devolve into one of those 'ask 5 different people and get 6 different answers' type of questions.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I understand what you're trying to say, but this instance doesn't have any of the hallmarks of other BLM instances, neither from the spontaneous versions nor the organized.... well, other than having black people.

They can't be organized and not organized at the same time. To have unorganized black people not having part of "the movement", that logically implies there is an organized movement. I can see you're migrating slowly towards that reality. :stickpoke:

But yeah, if you asked any of the people taking part in the Milwaukee nonsense shown in the videos, they'd probably tell you they're part of BLM. And I would hope the people actually organized in BLM would denounce those people. But wait. BLM's DeRay McKesson didn't denounce that violence. He didn't denounce "beating whites" He denounce the violence that caused the "protests". Yeah, he actually called that **** "protests". :rolleyes:

This is getting out of control. Again, BLM the organization, isn't helping. The POTUS isn't helping. The community leaders, well some are trying, and others, they're just trying to cash in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom