• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't you know that 100% of black people shot by police in America are black?

One. Hundred. Percent.

:):

So what if Rachel Dolezal got caught in the middle of a committing a violent crime and subsequently got shot by the police? Does that blow the perfect percentage, or do we get an asterisk or what?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can respect you opinion, but it is an opinion. In my opinion, the president has not race baited anyone, and if he has, it's those who were already inclined to have those thoughts about person different from themselves.

He made statements which I would agree fit in his world view. But they are none the less divisive. Was it intentionally divisive? I dunno. Why would a sitting president take sides in cases that haven't even had the facts fleshed out yet? And he didn't just take sides, he lectured us about race. I wouldn't condemn him for speaking out as president. But what he said made me think he's the president of liberals, but he's not my president. He doesn't represent me. I am the America that he loathes.

As an example, in the Zimmerman case, that "if he had a son" blather is not unifying. A president of the whole United States, and not just the Progressive United States, would have encouraged everyone on both sides to wait for the facts and not believe every little tidbit you read on social media. And in the mean time, don't jump to conclusions for either side. And to have faith that the justice system will flesh out the facts, and bring the appropriate justice about. But what he said gave people a false sense that he was on their side and that they'd get the justice they thought they deserved. Well, that blew up in their faces when all the facts came out.

Same kind of thing with Michael Brown. That blew up. And Obama lecturing America helped that along. If you agree with the lecture, maybe it's okay for you. Then he's obviously your president. But his lectures are partisan. I'm not a party to that. I'm not a progressive. And that doesn't make me racist, and it doesn't make me needy of his inappropriate lectures.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what if Rachel Dolezal got caught in the middle of a committing a violent crime and subsequently got shot by the police? Does that blow the perfect percentage, or do we get an asterisk or what?

Probably an asterisk would be appropriate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He made statements which I would agree fit in his world view. But they are none the less divisive. Was it intentionally divisive? I dunno. Why would a sitting president take sides in cases that haven't even had the facts fleshed out yet? And he didn't just take sides, he lectured us about race. I wouldn't condemn him for speaking out as president. But what he said made me think he's the president of liberals, but he's not my president. He doesn't represent me. I am the America that he loathes.

As an example, in the Zimmerman case, that "if he had a son" blather is not unifying. A president of the whole United States, and not just the Progressive United States, would have encouraged everyone on both sides to wait for the facts and not believe every little tidbit you read on social media. And in the mean time, don't jump to conclusions for either side. And to have faith that the justice system will flesh out the facts, and bring the appropriate justice about. But what he said gave people a false sense that he was on their side and that they'd get the justice they thought they deserved. Well, that blew up in their faces when all the facts came out.

Same kind of thing with Michael Brown. That blew up. And Obama lecturing America helped that along. If you agree with the lecture, maybe it's okay for you. Then he's obviously your president. But his lectures are partisan. I'm not a party to that. I'm not a progressive. And that doesn't make me racist, and it doesn't make me needy of his inappropriate lectures.

He's hardly the first president to do that. Both Bush and Clinton have done the same. In my opinion, because Obama is black, many automatically assume it's an international attempt at racial divisiveness.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    He's hardly the first president to do that. Both Bush and Clinton have done the same. In my opinion, because Obama is black, many automatically assume it's an international attempt at racial divisiveness.

There's the race card. I knew I'd find it in here. So what racial cases did Bush jump in on to create racial divisiveness?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

In my opinion, I think it may be difficult for Black People to objectively find Obama's remarks racially divisive. So there we are. Same set of data. Different opinions. I will say this about Obama's divisiveness. I don't believe it has anything to do with his race. He's political. Everything is political. He divides and marginalizes. I've seen him do that again and again since his "bitter clinger" speech.

The thing that was divisive about Obama's remarks about Martin and Brown, they were one sided, without regard for the other side of the story--you know, the side that turned out to be accurate. Obama spoke as if the both men were targeted by racists because they were Black. And he spoke as if the occurrences of such events were much more common than they actually are. And I think if he'd have been less partisan, he could have eased the tension. I think he wanted the tension to motivate people for his political goals.

But enough with that. I'd like to challenge you to find an equivalence to Obama's remarks on Martin and Brown. I'm not a fan of GWB. It's been awhile since GWB was in office and I don't recall every address, but I just don't recall a time when he lectured Americans publicly, taking sides on criminal or civil cases, and especially without having the facts. I doubt you'll find one, but if you do, I'd be happy to join you in condemning him for being divisive too.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Or his comments about the Prof Gates incident. What was that he said? Something along the lines of "I don't have all the facts, but the police were wrong"? What were the facts of that? Police were called about an apparent break in, they show up and the door has obviously been kicked in, they ask for ID and Gates blows up at them accusing them of racism. I had something similar happen, I had went out with some friends and forgot my keys at home. They dropped me off and I realized I was locked out so I went to climb through a window, an officer happened to be driving by and stopped. What was the outcome? I showed him my ID, he told me to have a nice night and I wished him the same.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Or his comments about the Prof Gates incident. What was that he said? Something along the lines of "I don't have all the facts, but the police were wrong"? What were the facts of that? Police were called about an apparent break in, they show up and the door has obviously been kicked in, they ask for ID and Gates blows up at them accusing them of racism. I had something similar happen, I had went out with some friends and forgot my keys at home. They dropped me off and I realized I was locked out so I went to climb through a window, an officer happened to be driving by and stopped. What was the outcome? I showed him my ID, he told me to have a nice night and I wished him the same.

Yeah, but W and Clinton did the same thing. Duh. Stop being racist. /purple.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's the race card. I knew I'd find it in here. So what racial cases did Bush jump in on to create racial divisiveness?

I'm going to try something new. If you can't be civil or even handed, then I do not owe you an answer to your question.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In my opinion, I think it may be difficult for Black People to objectively find Obama's remarks racially divisive. So there we are. Same set of data. Different opinions. I will say this about Obama's divisiveness. I don't believe it has anything to do with his race. He's political. Everything is political. He divides and marginalizes. I've seen him do that again and again since his "bitter clinger" speech.

The thing that was divisive about Obama's remarks about Martin and Brown, they were one sided, without regard for the other side of the story--you know, the side that turned out to be accurate. Obama spoke as if the both men were targeted by racists because they were Black. And he spoke as if the occurrences of such events were much more common than they actually are. And I think if he'd have been less partisan, he could have eased the tension. I think he wanted the tension to motivate people for his political goals.

But enough with that. I'd like to challenge you to find an equivalence to Obama's remarks on Martin and Brown. I'm not a fan of GWB. It's been awhile since GWB was in office and I don't recall every address, but I just don't recall a time when he lectured Americans publicly, taking sides on criminal or civil cases, and especially without having the facts. I doubt you'll find one, but if you do, I'd be happy to join you in condemning him for being divisive too.

I can agree with this. And I was referencing HW Bush.

May 1, 1992 Presidential address (excerpt):

I spoke this morning to many leaders of the civil rights community. And they saw the video, as we all did. For 14 months they waited patiently, hopefully. They waited for the system to work. And when the verdict came in, they felt betrayed. Viewed from outside the trial, it was hard to understand how the verdict could possibly square with the video. Those civil rights leaders with whom I met were stunned. And so was I, and so was Barbara, and so were my kids.

March 11, 2000 President Clinton on Diallo shooting:

But the larger fact is that we all have the feeling, I think, that it probably wouldn't have happened, as I said, if it had been a white, young man in a white neighborhood under the same facts

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    I'd like to challenge you to find an equivalence to Obama's remarks on Martin and Brown. I'm not a fan of GWB. It's been awhile since GWB was in office and I don't recall every address, but I just don't recall a time when he lectured Americans publicly, taking sides on criminal or civil cases, and especially without having the facts. I doubt you'll find one, but if you do, I'd be happy to join you in condemning him for being divisive too.

I would like to challenge the same.

Is this the part where I hold my breath while I wait, or will doing so end with my suffocation?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom