• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i have a beretta neos that is flawless it shoots really good i took it to a steel shoot and did pretty darn good with it.its designed very well for right handed people lefties will have a hard time with the mag release .

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Own a Ruger Mk.II, very reliable, even with mixing cheap ammo in the mag. Will even accurately fire the 60gr., Aguila, that's a .22 short case with an oversized pill. Bought mine at Bradis two years ago, paid 239+tax. Rimfire ammo still being relatively cheap, this is a pistol one can afford to modify, ie., suppressors, target triggers and the like, and still be able to shoot a ton. It is large and heavy, take down a pain, all true, but alot of fun, and with practice, one can become a very good shot.

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    i'll put in another vote for a ruger mark I,II,orIII. i have a markIII target. it's accurate and dependable.

M4_556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    If you can find a Ruger Mark II got for it. Although the euro mag release is a pain, it's not like its a combat gun anyway and the Mark III is comprable to the Colt series 70 to series 80 transition, totally stupid trigger downgrade.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    If you can find a Ruger Mark II got for it. Although the euro mag release is a pain, it's not like its a combat gun anyway and the Mark III is comprable to the Colt series 70 to series 80 transition, totally stupid trigger downgrade.

I agree that the new safety features are lame, but as for the trigger, it's easy to get rid of that magazine safety. I can do it in less than 2-minutes.

In fact, if anyone out there has a MKIII and wants to get rid of the mag safety, I'll pull it for you for free. And if you want your Ruger to have a 2-lb trigger, I can do that for you too, but you'll need to get a Volquartsen sear and trigger and bring some blue loctite. Just PM me and we can meet at Marion County Fish and Game, where I can be found most Saturdays.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    A lot of people may disagree since there are negative posts out there but I love my Sig Sauer Mosquito. Provided you use good quality ammo like cci mini-mags and keep it clean and oiled it functions perfectly.

Seconded. My brother has one of these and it shoots very well. We found that it jammed a lot at first, but once we started using better ammo like mbaza mentioned, it cycled just fine. Apparently there just wasn't enough power in the cheaper rounds to cycle the slide properly. As far as shooting goes, it is very comfortable, feels very good in the hand. It will be a bit more pricey than some of the other suggestions on here, though.

Caleb

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    I was out at Blythes in Valpo today shooting my dear ol' dads Ruger .22. He bought it the year I was born, 1954, and still runs just fine. This one isn't even labeled Mark I, II, etc. Serial number is in the 91,000 range, so its an early one. Short barrel, but its a pretty accurate little bugger. Fun to shoot, and I'd recommend it, great plinker. Once you tear it down a few times, you'll get the hang of reassembly, and its no big deal. This was the first gun I ever fired when I was but a wee lad of 8.:)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've seen several posts regarding the Phoenix Arms .22, and I'll have to add a +1 for those. I've run 2500 or so rounds through mine with no issues, and my wife has one that has 10,000 plus through it, with no problems. I got mine for around a $100 new, and as long as you keep em clean, they are good to go. Great back-up gun/deep concealment. I've always been a Ruger fan, and own a MKII but I always grab the Phoenix when I head to the range.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I've seen several posts regarding the Phoenix Arms .22, and I'll have to add a +1 for those. I've run 2500 or so rounds through mine with no issues, and my wife has one that has 10,000 plus through it, with no problems. I got mine for around a $100 new, and as long as you keep em clean, they are good to go. Great back-up gun/deep concealment. I've always been a Ruger fan, and own a MKII but I always grab the Phoenix when I head to the range.

See John and I arent the only ones that swear by these lil guys! :rockwoot:

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    You will just have to decide for yourself if you want a small polymer frame like the walther or sig, or if you would like a larger stainless frame target gun like the ruger. They are all good guns as you can see they all have lovers and haters. It is just a matter of preference.

Mrcole

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I absolutely love my browning buckmark (camper model). I am dead on at 25 yards and have put well over 10k rounds through it. I found it fits my hand better than the Ruger MKs and fells more comfortable.

Top Bottom