• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have a Browning Challenger II, I have had for about 20 years...the most accurate .22 pistol I have ever shot...never any problems.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I wouldn't carry it as a personal defense weapon (unless it was all I had) but I do love my Sig Mosquito. It's feel and looks are just great. It's easy to clean and a lot fo cheap target shooting fun. Some people think it's too picky on ammo, but mine works pretty good. Just got to use the right ammo and the right recoil spring.

Postal Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Springville
    I bought a new Walther P22 last summer and love it. No problems whatsoever...also have a Phoenix 22, it needs a little work the mags dont fit snug in there and it somtimes fails to eject. Both are fun to shoot tho.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The only .22 I currently own is a Walther P-22. Not sure whether I like it or not yet since my first outing produced many FTE's with Federal ammo. I will switch to CCI mini-mags next and see if it performs better with those. If not then it will probably have to go.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    You would have to look far and wide to find a .22 pistol better then a RUGER mkll. My comp target is about 10 years old, it has shot over 40,000 rds. Looking forward to shooting it 40,000 more rounds . OVERTHEHILLGUY

where are we going? why are we in this handbasket??

dschantz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    I am trying very hard to find a Ruger MkIII Competition or Hunter model. A friend of mine has a MkII Competition model and it is awesome!!! If anyone has one for sale, please let me know!

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    :rockwoot:Walther p22 I have put about 1000 rounds down the barrel and am in love. You just have to use high velocity ammo in it. Ive heard a lot of guys say that theirs wont cycle remingtons, but i run mostly thunderbolts through mine and dont have a problem. I did have a problem with some old federals that I tried to use up. It is also nice that there are lots of available accessories for the p22. I highly recommend it.:twocents:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Really liking my new S&W 22A-1

Flawless with Federal Bulk and Minimags. Some issues with the bulk Winchester lead HP's. Very accurate and fun to shoot.

I just started using the Federal bulk with no "break in" period. Seems to like that and the CCI's w/o issue.
    I think the issues w/the Winchester lead HP's is ammo related. still ran most of those fine as well.

Last edited:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    It is pretty hard to beat a Ruger MK II with adjustable sights and a bull barrel. I like them so much that I have put one back in the gun safe for each of the grandchildren as they turn 21. I wanted to make sure that they could have one of the best shooting 22 pistols ever made.

I also have a Colt automatic and a Walther P22. What ever you get, put an Outback II on it to increase the fun.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I love Ruger MKII and MKIIIs.

I have two identical MKIIs "target" models with adjustable sights and 6 7/8 tapered barrels.
    I got a great deal on the first one, but it was well used. It has some bore / throat erosion from many thousands of rounds through it, but still shoots well. I recently bought the second one (which is identical, but has a much lower round count) for use when the barrel finally goes south on the well used MKII.

I also have a MKIII competition target. I've removed all the "nanny" safety features and like my other Rugers, installed Voluqartzen trigger parts to put the trigger pull weight at about 2-lbs with no creep. The MKIII is awesome. I don't know if I just got a good one, but with its ultradot site it'll shoot sub 1/2" groups all day at 25-yards with CCI standard velocity ammo. I love the new location of the mag release... so much so that I think it's worth it to get a Mark III instead of a Mark II and just chuck all the extra safety crap when installing the VQ upgrade.

luckydog465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    P22's are cheap and fit the bill just fine. Fun to shoot not for super large hands. Other than that great guns

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have a Walther P22 that I really enjoy. I bought it just for the fact that I can shoot it as much as I want for cheap. The only thing with it is that I have to use high velocity ammo in order for it to cycle the action. As long as I stick with the right ammo I do not have any problems with it. I also owned a Phoenix Arms 22 in the past that I fired more than 10,000 rounds through with no problems at all. I sold it to a friend and he still shoots it with no problems.

I am that friend and yes it still rocks to this day!!! I love this thing, its cheap to shoot and its accurate as hell! :rockwoot:

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I would have to say any Ruger .22 would be great. I have owned and shot Rugers over the years and can only say good things about their .22's.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Ruger MKII Competition Target & Millett SP-1

MKII_SP1.jpg

Top Bottom