• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    The Rugers are good but the re assembly is a killer, browning anything OK the king would be S&W K-22. Oh yeah stay away from the Walther..

KyColonel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I've owned quite a few handguns in my lifetime. Of the lot of them, my favorite probably has been my Smith & Wesson 22A. I haven't seen one in a gun shop for quite a while, but a 22A in good condition is worth searching for IMHO.

infebious

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    my friend has a phoenix arms .22acp and it is a decent pistol. small enough to fit in your pocket. He recently mailed it to the company and they did a free overhaul on it. good stuff.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    The Smith 22a gets my vote, I love mine. I got it back in Feb.-March and i've got probably 3000 rds through it so far. It loves to eat Fed. bulk pack ammo, very few FTE, its a joy to shoot. Very easy to dissamble and clean too.

I haven't owned/shot the others so i cant comment on them, but i love the Smith.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    From the comments I'm seeing on the Walther 22 I'm going to have to say that mine must be the exception. In the first 500 rounds something gave away in the trigger mech and the gun wouldn't shoot DA or SA. Since it was warrantied it went to the factory for repair. My dealer mentioned that they were having more trouble out of them than they expected. (To be fair mine is an early production run so that may account for some hickups.)

After the factory repaired the gun with no explanation the extractor broke (fixed by my dealer at no charge). I'm still having cases stick in the chamber after only a couple hundred rounds fired. I have tried lots of different ammo so I dunno....

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    just got a keltec pmr 30 it shoots .22mag holds 30 rounds and is very accurate
    So they are finally letting these things out. Have you had any problems with the whole stacking 30 rounds of a rimmed cartridge thing? For me the most reliable/accurate .22 auto pistols are the old hi-standards from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I have 2 model 103's. One has a 4" barrel and the other is 6" The trigger is unbelievable.

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    I have an HP22A by Phoenix Arms, it's a cheapo gun but I have had little problems with it, it makes for a great budget plinker if you want to spend under $200 (more like $120-150). I get failure to eject rounds sometimes, and rarely a failure to feed, but overall it's been great with Federal Bulk ammo.

I'll second that! They love CCI Stingers! :D A blast to shoot for sure!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have, more rounds through my Buckmark then I can count. I have had 0 problems with it. I have fired everything from bulk to sub-sonics. Right now, I'm shooting some Winchester target ammo from the 70's. A guy from my old job gave them to me. They are in like new condition. The Buckmark, eats them right up and asks for more. Not to mention the accuracy. Now that, I have it sighted in, every round in the center ring! I have, shot Ruger's and personally do not care for them. My Mom, bought a P22, it's ok for a pocket gun. The Neos are down right ugly. My Dad, had an older S&W 22A, I think it was. It was a jam-0-matic. I have, not shot a new one. That's my personal experience.

Here is, a pic of my last range trip with my Buckmark. That's, firing the old Winchester ammo. It was, shoting high, but I got it sighted in.

0016.jpg

I personaly, would not trade it for another .22 pistol.

This is, the model I have. Buck Mark Practical URX, , Browning Firearms Product

Top Bottom