• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you do the closed loop in-ground the cost to operate is stupid low. The heat side has a constant 50 to 55 degrees to use (instead of outside air temps the could drop below 30 and stay) and the A/C has the same temp to condense with. The cooling operation is not hindered by 90 + deg days that hinder efficiency. With these operating conditions the unit will live longer than a standard system.
    Install cost is high but pay back on energy and longevity of the system is a real plus.

I have a contact with Geothermal installation background. If you're ready, I can make the introduction.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Been a while, but since my last post I've added 3k rnds to my ammo stock, got the gardens fully planted and they're coming along splendidly. I've also added to my long term food storage with 20 lbs pancake mix, 20 lbs flour, 5 lbs sugar, 10 lbs pinto beans, black beans, 15 bean soup, black eyed peas, mashed potato mix and a few pounds of spices among others. I've worked with my paper log maker i previously discussed and will post a thread separately detailing my experience soon. It's a mixed reaction.

I've also been keeping up with a fitness plan, which I feel is just as, if not more important than rest of this stuff for me to work to being prepared. I've lost almost 20 lbs in the last 4 months!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Friday got some permanent birth control measures taken care of. Saturday took it easy but felt good enough to plant a "few" bare root strawberry plants. Now gearing up and making sure everything is ready for some training this upcoming weekend. Confirming zero's at the training distance.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Light week the past 7 days.

Solid workouts though. Beastly. I did everything but a ruck march and swim.

2 dry fire sessions (G19, AK, 870)

1 range session with a buddy and his daughter. Her first time shooting an AR. Buddy and I did some reload drills with pistol and rifle. Shoot n move, and then slowed it down for marksmanship basics. Worked a little with my Tomcat.

1 Fight Nite, heavy sparring. Went pretty hard, and mixed it up, so I presented a different fighting style for my sparring partners. Good times.

Got the second garden tilled and planted.

Bought a 20 pound medicine ball. Hell yeah!

Picked up a used 870.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Light week the past 7 days.

Solid workouts though. Beastly. I did everything but a ruck march and swim.

2 dry fire sessions (G19, AK, 870)

1 range session with a buddy and his daughter. Her first time shooting an AR. Buddy and I did some reload drills with pistol and rifle. Shoot n move, and then slowed it down for marksmanship basics. Worked a little with my Tomcat.

1 Fight Nite, heavy sparring. Went pretty hard, and mixed it up, so I presented a different fighting style for my sparring partners. Good times.

Got the second garden tilled and planted.

Bought a 20 pound medicine ball. Hell yeah!

Picked up a used 870.

Now that is a busy week !

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Started a workout plan. Started with biking, did about 8 miles yesterday, lots of hills. Rode the bike to drop off my kids at camp, rode to pick them up, rode to dinner. Need to get on the reloading bench after shooting this weekend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Started a workout plan. Started with biking, did about 8 miles yesterday, lots of hills. Rode the bike to drop off my kids at camp, rode to pick them up, rode to dinner. Need to get on the reloading bench after shooting this weekend.

Did your trip to Wally recently motivate you in this direction...............:):

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Zeroed rifles at the correct distance for an upcoming class this weekend. Helped some neighbors get an old boat motor started that will be stored at my place on the water as a "community" boat for everyone to use. Free boat to me!

glockmeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Indy Northside
    Picked up several more food grade water containers at walmart. Without going into the garage to check, I think that the size is about 7 gallons per container. I need to continue my quest for an air rifle with the power to take rabbits and squirrels humanely. And so it goes.....

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I picked up some first aid supplies - sanitary napkins (smallest pack I could find) and some tampons (also, smallest pack), elastic wrap, some shotgun shells, and another can of ground beef. Oh, and some dental supplies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We rotated a lot of items to be used and replaced per expiration dates. Been passing out the raisins, dried fruits and hard candies to the kids when the are playing out back. They love it.
    A lot of ammo added to the reserves. There are some decent deals to be had if you look.
    No gardens this year.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Solid week of combat fitness in the record books: weights, run, ruck, bike, bootcamp.

1 dry fire session: G19, AK, shotgun, bolt gun

1 Fight Nite: focus mits, drills, heavy bag and sparring.

Taught a four hour block of instruction to a mixed group of shooters. Some had never fired a gun, some had and or were prior service military. They all did well and hopefully learned a thing or two.

Ordered an SOE shotgun pull out pouch for my PALs Micro rig.

Finished reading "Outlaw Platoon" a good book recently published about a young LT's experience leading a platoon of infantry in Afghanistan. Lots of small take aways on leading men. I took notes.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Finally bit the bullet and bought a Sawyer Point Zero Two bucket kit. Might be overkill, but I'll have it, and have faith in it's ability to get me safe water. Also bought more ammo for the 5.56's . Found 2k at a very reasonable price here on INGO. Always happy to do business with fellow INGO'ers !

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    We had another Appleseed...small but successful. One young lady went from a complete novice to a pretty darn good shot in two days. Not the first time I've seen this happen...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had another Appleseed...small but successful. One young lady went from a complete novice to a pretty darn good shot in two days. Not the first time I've seen this happen...

I have noticed that among the folks I have introduced to firearms that the ladies are natural shots.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Went to the official range yesterday for the first time in months. I tested out all my bolt action precision rifles they did very well. A goal I've had for a long time was to score a first round hit with my 30-06 at 1,000 yards and yesterday that happened. The 223 bolt gun was just scary accurate to the point where it's almost not even fun to shoot (almost), and the 22lr made some steel dance at 200 yards. All things considered I was very happy with the performance yesterday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom