• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have a digital scale for charging small refrigeration units that are charge critical. It measures in the tenths of an ounce. I put the #30 bottle on the scale, drop the small bottle into ice water to chill and fill until the big bottle looses #1.
    Weigh the little bottle again to be sure. If you have the gear it is easy.

Great! More gear to buy!:rockwoot:

Thanks for the low down, CM

Stocks

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have a digital scale for charging small refrigeration units that are charge critical. It measures in the tenths of an ounce. I put the #30 bottle on the scale, drop the small bottle into ice water to chill and fill until the big bottle looses #1.
    Weigh the little bottle again to be sure. If you have the gear it is easy.
    Do you have a hose setup or just the adapter? I think he was talking about the solid brass adapter, in which case, the scale idea won't work. However, if you have a hose that connects from the large tank to small tank you can do this with only small errors in the measurement...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you have a hose setup or just the adapter? I think he was talking about the solid brass adapter, in which case, the scale idea won't work. However, if you have a hose that connects from the large tank to small tank you can do this with only small errors in the measurement...

I charge small fractional horse power refrigeration units that are charge sensitive and some take 6oz. or less. I built a rig that works for propane with isolation valves etc. The 6ft. hose holds exactly 1oz of liquid propane. I figure this into my measurements. It took some fiddling but I have it down now. I refill my propane torch bottles as well.
    If you go an oz. over no worries.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Bought a 50# bag of rice at GFS and stored in in a 5 gallon bucket with oxygen absorbers, all sealed in a foil bag. Got about 45 lbs in the bucket, so i've got 5 pounds left in bags to use as normal.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Worked on some drills I've been taught and emptied a lot of brass. Working on consolidating space at the house. Preparing for a garage sale.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We (wife and I) have realized we are not hiking out of anywhere no matter what due to age and medical issues.
    We have been re-evaluating the Bug deal. As my kids are all prepped we are dismantling the BOB and putting together a couple of good totes that will be easily tossed in the truck. If we can not drive out we are sitting tight.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We (wife and I) have realized we are not hiking out of anywhere no matter what due to age and medical issues.
    We have been re-evaluating the Bug deal. As my kids are all prepped we are dismantling the BOB and putting together a couple of good totes that will be easily tossed in the truck. If we can not drive out we are sitting tight.

I had a similar concept of wanting to stay home but it was because of babies, not medical problems. I used the same concept in assembling tote's with supplies and I found some great stackable tote's with a 400# stacking capacity at Lowe's for pretty cheap. Considering how many you can stack it's nice to know that the one on the bottom isn't going to bulge out at the side and collapse, but the individual totes are still light enough for a one way trip to the back of a truck or van.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Bagged up some rice, beans, and tea bags to take to the BOL. Going to work on getting together some other supplies that need to be taken there as well.

I also added some Hella 500 driving lights to the truck, a CB and PA, and a couple more air horns, you know, just because.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    To be honest I think the bug out concept is way overused. For me that's last ditch. Having all kinds of preps available, a solid house, guns, ammo, food, etc, and still having a backpack full of stuff as your first option is kinda ignorant to me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yesterday I took two boys out to the backyard range for their first time shooting. We discussed the four safety rules, then we discussed how to use a TK4 & a "H" Bandage in case someone got hurt. We started off with a scoped savage MK II FV-SR in 22lr that the boys kept referring to as a sniper rifle. It was a good platform for a nice controlled slow rate of fire where I could gently remind them to keep their fingers off the trigger until ready to fire and so on. Once they showed me that they could responsibly handle that rifle, we moved to the 10-22 and had a discussion about iron sights and how the semi auto action was going to be different. Once they showed me they could responsibly handle the 10-22 we moved to an M&P 22lr pistol. After a discussion about how the pistol is different and a few reminders about keeping the gun pointed in a safe direction we were good to go. Once I was happy with how they handled all three I let them choose what they wanted to shoot. One gravitated towards the "sniper" rifle, and the other towards the 10-22. I was shocked that neither wanted to shoot more with the pistol (didn't they know that I had just put on the dawson precision sights?!?!?). For the next hour or so I watched the boys burn up a brick and a half of 22lr ammo. Had I been thinking I'd have brought out a third or fourth brick with me, but they got plenty of practice in with the guns and got familiar with how to safely handle a rifle and handgun. I had to keep an eye on the boys for the msot part, but when they were busy loading magazines I was able to squeeze off a couple of shots myself.

Yesterday, my prep was setting two young boys up for a future where they understood some responsibility and some independence. They had an awesome time and I was happy to help them.

Survive-It-All

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Put in some range time and started welding the brackets in my truck bed to put the water and fuel cells into. Also bought some MRE's and misc. prep supplies!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I bought a boat from my neighbor for $125. It's ugly, but it floats and came with a little 5hp motor and brand new oars. It'll do.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    finnally finished the chicken kennel for the wife..converted two rabbit hutches to a coop. Wife says chickens will be here saturday.
    Took last weekend off to help daughter move. She lives in Chicago, so part of the time we were in her neighborhood, houses 2 feet apart.
    Before I live like that I expect I'll be drooling on myself and hiding my own Easter eggs. How could anyone prep in a place like that? I just hope she can get to my house if the SHTF.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bagged up some rice, beans, and tea bags to take to the BOL. Going to work on getting together some other supplies that need to be taken there as well.

I also added some Hella 500 driving lights to the truck, a CB and PA, and a couple more air horns, you know, just because.

So that was you raising all that hell the other night.............................:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom