• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I just started preping. Thus far ammo, food and water purification tablets. Next step is to take my kids to the range. Kids seem interested and think its a good idea to have some plan of survival.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This past week:

Maintained combat conditioning: running, lifting, rucking, swimming.

1 dryfire session; G19, AK

1 Fight Night, heavy bag, drills, sparring

Taught a wilderness survival and bug out workshop

Hiked the woods with the family and did a bunch of tree and plant ID-game

Chopped and dried the last peppers from the garden, harvested the pie pumpkins

Bought some 7.62x39, 9mm, 12g slug, .22LR

Kimber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    South Bend
    Picked up $900.00 dollars of food for SHTF pantry. Changed my out look on things, I am now prepping for long term lay off or retirement. Can't prep for every disaster and every thing that might happen. Bought cabinets for reloading bench, wife is staining them for me. Researched new rifle La Rue OBR. bought 100 gallons of water. Both vehicles are ready for winter. Three cords of wood in garage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife doubled up on the canned goods and dried soups etc this week. Also put in several flats of water. We learned how precious water can be and how fast it goes when we did a 1 week drill this summer. She is fearful of what is to come. I do not have to push her to prep anymore. She is pushing me for shelf space.
    Sold one of the pump guns and stepping up with another auto-loader. Ammo, accessories and more.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    What's everybody's take on prepping for someone who rents their home? My big thing is If you move it would be a nightmare to try and move tons of preps and also that fact that they could become damaged and thus possibly rendered useless. Just a thought, anybody have some ideas?

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    What's everybody's take on prepping for someone who rents their home? My big thing is If you move it would be a nightmare to try and move tons of preps and also that fact that they could become damaged and thus possibly rendered useless. Just a thought, anybody have some ideas?

I'd Cache some things in a nearby storage unit or property. Make sure the unit doesn't require electricity to get in. A good friend of mine lost all his preps when the land he was renting was sold out from under him. All the time and investment in the property was lost.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Keep a good supply on hand at your location and keep the majority at a friend or relatives house or at a separate bug out location? ROTATE, ROTATE, ROTATE...use what you store and store what you use.....

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Good ideas guys thanks. Will look into that. Mom has 2 "empty bedrooms" might take a little persuading to get her on board but I'm sure I can since I'll be taking care of her too when shtf.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This morning we had baby #3. Not necessarily a prep, but it's a huge relief to have the baby out and both mom and baby are doing great. I don't have to worry about an old school "bite on a stick" type of birth.

Best part is that now I have another excuse for another shotgun or AR build.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    This morning we had baby #3. Not necessarily a prep, but it's a huge relief to have the baby out and both mom and baby are doing great. I don't have to worry about an old school "bite on a stick" type of birth.

Congratulations!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Wonderful. Congrats to the family.....................:rockwoot:

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton

Congrats! Add diapers, wipes, and formula to your BOB.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks for all the kind words and I'm definitely going to be adding to my bob and also making a baby bag that's always ready to go.

Wonder if I could lash a bassinet to my large alice pack, lol.

Danger Boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Clark county
    Got socks... Foot care is always a priority in a survival situation... Got Under Armour 5519 Survival System Socks. Also a good pair of wool a socks is a wise investment.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Concentrate your preps in skills and training. Knowing how to do a lot of stuff is much better than figuring how to move a bunch of STUFF. Actually you might be better off prepping with a mind towards moving than those who feel that "bugging in" is their only option. They run the risk of being devastated in a single disastrous event whereas you can brush off and move on.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Concentrate your preps in skills and training. Knowing how to do a lot of stuff is much better than figuring how to move a bunch of STUFF. Actually you might be better off prepping with a mind towards moving than those who feel that "bugging in" is their only option. They run the risk of being devastated in a single disastrous event whereas you can brush off and move on.

Yeah definitely trying to learn a lot of new things. Bugging out is not really an option, too big of a family and nowhere to go. Chances of survival in my little community would be much better than bugging out for us. All natural resources near by and good neighbors, but, that assumes we don't have to move before shtf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom