• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Doozy! I did that about a year.5 ago, then 8 months later Lasik.

lasik was probably the best prep I've ever done.

I had my wisdom teeth cut out a month or so back. In a week I have lasik done. Hoping to enjoy it as much as people have claimed.

Now I need to look into a good pair of sunglasses.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    This weekend, the wife was looking at the next door neighbor's yard sale. In it was a Medium Alice pack (w/out frame) along with a web belt and shoulder rig. She knew I was looking for one and snagged it and layed it aside for me to look at when I got home from work.

All in all, $4 bucks spent on a medium alice pack in pretty good condition. I informed her that it just needed a frame built for it and it'd be good to go for making a bug-out bag.

I find a lot of good things for prepping at yard sales....One of my best finds lately was a food saver for 3 bucks...I spent 10 bucks to buy the jar sealer online and now have all our dehydrated food sealed in jars.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I'm resurecting this thread from the past, asking, what you have done to prep this week?

I have found myself not preping as much the past few weeks, so I'm restarting this thread to get people talking again.

As fall turns to winter I find myself thinking about snowstorms and being stranded for days, no electricity, heat, cable :xmad: , lets chime in about what you do this week to prepare for an event.
    For the extreme heat, plenty of liquids, few nuts and berries, an occasional pretzel stick and then more liquids.
    For the cold, just keep moving.;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got the fall garden planted. Put a new motor on the tiller. 40 yrs of service and the 5 hp Briggs gave it up. I think it was a bargain.
    More ammo, food.

Completed the new battery power source at the BOL. It is on wheels and totally self contained.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained combat condition level: 12 miles of running, 3 mile ruck, 10 miles of biking, half mile swim, 3 session with the weights, 1 Bootcamp workout. Thats one week of workouts.

1 range session. After running the 870, I worked fast mag changes on AK from standing, kneeling and prone, snap shooting, transitions. AK/G19/back up/knife.

2 dryfire sessions: bolt gun, and AK/G19

Bought some .22 for the AR conversion, and some Critical Duty 9mm.

Put up some frozen peppers and tomatoes

Split some oak and hickory

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Maintained combat condition level: 12 miles of running, 3 mile ruck, 10 miles of biking, half mile swim, 3 session with the weights, 1 Bootcamp workout. Thats one week of workouts.

1 range session. After running the 870, I worked fast mag changes on AK from standing, kneeling and prone, snap shooting, transitions. AK/G19/back up/knife.

We try to either can or dehydrate most of our food..should the power go out for days you lose so much of your hard work. Going to pick some more tomatoes today after the rain...we have canned many, now going to try and dehydrate some.

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    "We try to either can or dehydrate most of our food..should the power go out for days you lose so much of your hard work. Going to pick some more tomatoes today after the rain...we have canned many, now going to try and dehydrate some."

Cookie,

We do the same. The tomatoes and peppers are for short term use, ie winter under regular conditions. All food prep from the garden, whether dehydrating, canning, using now or freezing IMO, furthers one's independence from the system and teaches self reliance. Just buying food does not. We are tracking the same.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My efforts pale by comparison.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Bought the boss a new pressure canned and jars. She was ecstatic, I was surprised.
    Had a serious conversation with the Chicago Daughter about getting her a gun.
    She was really serious and I was surprised ...again. She has no Idea how much
    red tape it's gonna take....

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    The boss cooked a huge meal for relatives with meat from the freezer and almost entirely out of
    the garden. Next maybe rabbit instead of beef...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom