• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Bought a new starter for my truck. :( Now, I just have to get my son to install it. :rolleyes: He replaced a wire that goes from the ignition to the starter (or something like that). The wire wasn't secured correctly and laid on the hot engine and burned. I think my son is going to have to correct quite a few "repairs" made by the previous owner. :xmad: (I bought the truck used)

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Added a case of water, 20 lbs of rice, and about 20 cans of beans, soup, and tuna to my small preps.. Takes a while to build up on my budget...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Topped of the shelf holding .45 ACP with a trip to Bradis II. Looking at doing the same for .223
    Completed re-organizing the preps and making a list for shopping to fill the available space.

Tbald14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Got some more canned goods(Beans, corn, etc) some more cases of water and replaced some heavy BOB items with lighter solutions.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Purchased two hand crank meat grinders for $3 total. Both work and with a quick cleaning are ready to be used.

IMG_0004.jpg

Last edited:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Bought some ammo, lost another 3 pounds on the weight front, and ordered in more food and ammo cans for storage. Also built some shelving units for light weight storage and ordered some of the steel ones for heavier stuff to continue the organization of the storage areas.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    FedEx just delivered the Kelly Kettle I ordered last weekend. Now the BOB is almost complete.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9qjKwC7co&feature=related[/ame]

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Started building an Implament Shed for some of my tractor implements along with garden tools and so on...so that we have more storage space in the work shop. Got it all framed except for the roof joist today, will try to get those done tomorrow.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Chopped all my lousy corn down....spread the manure on that plot. Maybe next year I'll try
    sorgum ..buckwheat looks ok , blackeyed peas are drying out. Mama's garden winding down.
    Oh yeah, put a two stage trigger in Mama's AR ....she likes it.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Use it and let us know what you think of it!

The model I bought is the Trekker which is the smallest one they make. It's stainless steel so it's heavier than aluminum, but it's very well built and should last a lifetime. It's also hollow so you can store stuff inside of it when you put it in your backpack.

I used some dried grass and small twigs to make a fire. It brought a pint or water to a full boil in about 3 minutes. The only tricky part is remembering to pick it up by the handle with two hands so the handle stays at a 90 degree angle, otherwise you'll burn yourself.

What I like most about it is that it has multiple uses. I bought the kit that includes an adapter that goes on top of it to support a small pot or pan for cooking. It boils water quickly using whatever you have or can find for fuel. This of course provides water purification. It also provides heat and can be used to carry water. So, it's a water purifier, heat source, cook stove and water container all in one.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The model I bought is the Trekker which is the smallest one they make. It's stainless steel so it's heavier than aluminum, but it's very well built and should last a lifetime. It's also hollow so you can store stuff inside of it when you put it in your backpack.

I used some dried grass and small twigs to make a fire. It brought a pint or water to a full boil in about 3 minutes. The only tricky part is remembering to pick it up by the handle with two hands so the handle stays at a 90 degree angle, otherwise you'll burn yourself.

What I like most about it is that it has multiple uses. I bought the kit that includes an adapter that goes on top of it to support a small pot or pan for cooking. It boils water quickly using whatever you have or can find for fuel. This of course provides water purification. It also provides heat and can be used to carry water. So, it's a water purifier, heat source, cook stove and water conatiner all in one.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Looking into this.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    This weekend, the wife was looking at the next door neighbor's yard sale. In it was a Medium Alice pack (w/out frame) along with a web belt and shoulder rig. She knew I was looking for one and snagged it and layed it aside for me to look at when I got home from work.

All in all, $4 bucks spent on a medium alice pack in pretty good condition. I informed her that it just needed a frame built for it and it'd be good to go for making a bug-out bag.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Learned the basics of our sawmill.Hauled in a few logs :)
    The mill came with the property we purchased.It is simple to operate,probably difficult to master(getting the most out of a log). Looking forward to some practice with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom