• Status
    Not open for further replies.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Placed a string of jingle bells on door to signal intrusion.

I use a German Shepard/Doberman mix and a Great Dane. I know Great Danes aren't know for being aggressive but I think mine missed that memo.

Staying on topic..
    Bought another 5 gallons of gas and some oil for the genny.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Trained The GSD Puppies Monday, Wednesday, and tonight. Nothing special yet just basic obedience, but they are learning it quick. Protection Training will probably start in a couple of months with these guys!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trained The GSD Puppies Monday, Wednesday, and tonight. Nothing special yet just basic obedience, but they are learning it quick. Protection Training will probably start in a couple of months with these guys!

First I have heard of them since you posted their birth. Good to hear they are doing well.

My son and I upgraded the sparring equipment and have moved to the next level with his training (and mine)....damn he is fast or I am slowing down...or both.

More ammo. I should not have let the wife take the other ammo cabinet when I sold off some of the guns a while back. I am out of space. She is happy so what can I do. It is now full of preps.

ironstarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    mishawaka
    bought an ar, plenty of mags and lots of ammo! also figured id give the emergency food storage from wal mart a go, just an add on to the collection of course.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    First I have heard of them since you posted their birth. Good to hear they are doing well.

My son and I upgraded the sparring equipment and have moved to the next level with his training (and mine)....damn he is fast or I am slowing down...or both.

More ammo. I should not have let the wife take the other ammo cabinet when I sold off some of the guns a while back. I am out of space. She is happy so what can I do. It is now full of preps.

Youth and skill will never overcome age a.nd treachery .....
    apparently you're not being treacherous enough.
    Your lucky to still be able to spar with him. Never had the privilege of instructing
    my son. Now I'm too stove up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Youth and skill will never overcome age a.nd treachery .....
    apparently you're not being treacherous enough.
    Your lucky to still be able to spar with him. Never had the privilege of instructing
    my son. Now I'm too stove up.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it is not severe or permanent.
    Yes, I am very lucky as I am no spring chicken and he is in very good shape so It is a workout for me to do a series of 3 minute drills with him. It is good as he asked to continue with his force on force training. It has been a good while and both of us are catching up. He is very agile and I believe every blow I land is either luck or he lets me. I doubt the last one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Finished off filling available space in the ammo cabinet. Absolutely full and all mags are full as well.

Worked on the expanded preps storage area and have re-designed it from my original intentions. I will get this done eventually.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Been a while since I've posted in here... maybe not a "prep" to some people, but IMHO, every tool we use in normal daily life can be a prep.

I got a lathe a couple weeks ago, and just got a mill from a fellow INGO member this weekend. Pretty soon I'll have a pretty sweet work-shop right in my garage.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Got 11 big double pane windows in their casings with screens for my green house. 30 bucks at a yard sale. I buy a couple of boxes of ammo every time I go grocery shopping at Walmart. Canned 4 more 1/2 gallons of tomatoes.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Started picking black eyed peas. I will plant them again next year. Planted them late (June 1)
    Weeded once....when pods turned brown we started picking. Easy-peasy, picked a bushel of pods
    in 45 min. Pulled whole plants and picked without much bending. Now we can shell in front of the TV.
    No deer damage and little from bugs...and they're good for the soil.
    Best part was the 8year old granddaughter helped so she has a clue where her food comes
    from. We will plant again as this is a low labor crop.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    This week I'm missing every krav training class I should be attending due to hurting and throwing out my shoulder on Saturday.

Physical fitness is my #1 prep to be working on!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Started picking black eyed peas. I will plant them again next year. Planted them late (June 1)
    Weeded once....when pods turned brown we started picking. Easy-peasy, picked a bushel of pods
    in 45 min. Pulled whole plants and picked without much bending. Now we can shell in front of the TV.
    No deer damage and little from bugs...and they're good for the soil.
    Best part was the 8year old granddaughter helped so she has a clue where her food comes
    from. We will plant again as this is a low labor crop.

We did our regular peas this way...did not get alot this year due to the heat...after we dried them got one quart jar...oo well will be the best pea soup ever.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained combat conditioning levels.

2 dryfire sessions

2 range sessions: AR, G19, J frame, M6 Scout.

Taught some new shooters how to run their J frames for personal defence.

Did some canning.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Swapped out fuel in storage, stabilized and biocided it. Spent a day at the range with new DMR rifle, taught the wife some drills. Purchased quite a few backup items for cooking. upgraded some BOB items to lighter weight stuff. Going out to test the new stuff this weekend. Upgraded the triggers on a couple rifles. Bought some spare mags for another. Finally got a copy of the country living book.

Next prep: Food storage. Dehydrator, food saver, more cans to store the late harvest deals at the farmers market. Set up new raised gardens for next year. Start planning for next growing season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom