• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Picked up my "new" two door metal cabinet that I won the bid on (@ $8.75). I will use it for can goods, etc. While tying it to my handcart (the auction was just around the corner from where I live, so I didn't want to waste fuel to go such a short distance.), I met a man who also won a bid on another cabinet and a 4 drawer file cabinet and he asked me if I wanted them too. He only bid on them because they were full of old electronics (vacuum tubes, etc.) and didn't really want the cabinet & file cabinet.

Of course, I said YES! He even delivered them to my house so that I wouldn't have to make 2 more trips to get them.
    :rockwoot:More storage space! :D (My lucky day!)

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Lemme see, in the past week or so.

Maintained combat condition level, upped the intensity on core stuff, better rotational power for striking and rolling is my goal.

2 Dry fire sessions

2 trips to the range:

1st session I worked G19, J frame and AK.
    2nd session I worked G19 and precision rifle. Hasty positions from 100 to 300 yards. headshots. GTG.

2 Fight Nights. Lots of striking, bag work and sparring in one session, more disarms and rolling in second night.

Practiced knot tying-underwater at the pool

Helped Sailor make maple syrup

Gathered more birch bark for tinder kits
    Bought 20 more lithium 123 batteries

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Lemme see, in the past week or so.

Maintained combat condition level, upped the intensity on core stuff, better rotational power for striking and rolling is my goal.

2 Dry fire sessions

2 trips to the range:

1st session I worked G19, J frame and AK.
    2nd session I worked G19 and precision rifle. Hasty positions from 100 to 300 yards. headshots. GTG.

2 Fight Nights. Lots of striking, bag work and sparring in one session, more disarms and rolling in second night.

Practiced knot tying-underwater at the pool

Helped Sailor make maple syrup

Gathered more birch bark for tinder kits
    Bought 20 more lithium 123 batteries
    Man it's no fair, you always do the BEST stuff......

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I took some rifles to a range, blew up some oranges and apples, got in trouble by a DNR dork for shooting at something other than paper targets.

Bought 2 cartons of smokes and a 30 pack of Stones.
    More ammo of course

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Got some mylar bags and O2 absorbers. First time with this so I bought the 1 gallon size. Playing around with them using an iron. First bag sealed fine so now I am packing some of the dry goods that I bought for long term storage. Nothing much so far, but a start and it was as easy as they make it look in the vids.

Increased my canned goods, bought more sugar, salt and pepper as well. Noticed that the wife raided some of the pasta and didn't replenish it. First time for her laziness like that.

More ammo for the AK, just because it was a decent deal and local. Bought a threaded barrel for my 10/22 a while back and just got some Tuffer Buffers in. Took the rifle completely apart and cleaned it all up when I did the upgrade. I have had that thing for like 25 years and that is the first time I actually dismantled it. Shame on me for that.

Have a can on order for the rifle and will be looking for a host barrel for my Mark II pistol at the 1500 this weekend.

Added toothpaste and floss to my BOB. Can't believe I neglected that.

Also found out that a plastic can that stores gasoline had decided to start leaking. Mowers and generator were full so I dumped it in the truck. Filled it up before the ice storm/blizzard that never really happened this season.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Found Barilla pasta on sale at Kroger for a dollar a box, so I bought about 30. All kinds, even whole wheat.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Found Barilla pasta on sale at Kroger for a dollar a box, so I bought about 30. All kinds, even whole wheat.
    Meijer tends to have that deal pretty regularly. I've been putting up an extra 10-20 boxes every other week. I got 100 gallon sized glass jars with lids from craigslist a couple weeks ago and have been filling them with macaroni, bowties, etc.....I need to get some o2 absorbers to throw in the jars.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm probably a little late on this but today, I put up a small green house so we can start some veggie planting next week.

Did some more research into alternative energy sources for the house

Bought some new cabinets, plywood, and short napped carpeting to rebuild and relocate my reloading table :ar15:

Oh yeah (I'd get smacked if I didn't acknowledge this) My GF spent several hours with the food saver, sealing up 1 lb bags of sugar and flour.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    To compliment my 30-box purchase of Barilla pasta, I scored some Katadyn Micropur tablets for $11.99 at a local sporting goods store. I would have bought more, but they only had one package left.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    This week I sorted some issues with a neighbor, and I organized my gear collection after getting a new backpack. Next week I'll sort out some paperwork with the government... all part of "preparing" I suppose.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I picked up a lot more ammo at the 1500. Was going to buy another gas mask, but the guy doubled the price from last time so I didn't do it.

Packaged some more dry goods in mylar bags. Need to start looking into 5 gallon buckets before too long. Picked up some more canned goods. Wife is heading to the store tomorrow and I am giving her a list of extra supplies.

Also picked up some Protein bars. Haven't looked into them to see if they are legit... it was an impulse buy but a cheap one.

Considering putting another small garden in. Haven't done it in years, but might get me motivated to start canning and then expand next year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom