• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Bought 2400 dollars worth of long term storage food items. Only paid 1200 since the store was having a 50% off sale.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Picked up a few more varieties of heirloom seeds.
    Rural King in Columbus has around 30 different varieties. WARNING,call before driving they run out of stock often.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Got out today and got my Ruger 77/22 sighted in at 50 yards and my Savage 17 sighted in at 100 yards. 6 of the 7 final shots with the Ruger were all touching each other and the last 3 with the savage were all within the size of a quarter, and I was pretty happy with that!

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Food grade buckets with alpha lids. Mylar bags & O2 absorbers. Several cases of Motor oil - stuff is almost the price of gold compared to a year ago. More ammo. Another handgun. More cases of canned goods.

It was a good month.

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Bought a bunch of emergency medical supplies, and some dental supplies - all from Amazon. I read that some of the victims in the AZ shooting were saved because a local cop (may have been an EMT - can't remember) took it upon himself to buy 1st aid kits, including clotting material (I think it was Celox) and put it to use.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Bought a bunch of emergency medical supplies, and some dental supplies - all from Amazon. I read that some of the victims in the AZ shooting were saved because a local cop (may have been an EMT - can't remember) took it upon himself to buy 1st aid kits, including clotting material (I think it was Celox) and put it to use.

Educate yourself before you try to duplicate such feats. A good med bag is only as good as its operator. If I recall correctly, nearly all of officers on the scene were recently issued some quality trauma aid bags only a few weeks prior.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Got in a couple workouts

Did one dry fire session, and practiced TK application

Read the McPhersons "Primitive Wilderness Living and Survival Skills"

Hiked 15 miles in the Arizona desert and mountains. Did some bouldering, gathered and treated water from springs and pockets in rocks. Tracked small animals, ID local plants, did lots of landnav, map and compass work, slept in the mountains at night, built a couple fires, ate out of pack, tended a teammate's foot, pulled cactus spines from my knee.

So, more training and learning. I need to be buying canned goods and bullets.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    2009 Bloody Butcher Germination Test

Did a Bloody Butcher (2009) Germination test... 100%!!!
    I think they liked being on top of the warm coffee-maker.:D
    They germinated over the course of 4 days, though, and I was afraid that the last ones wouldn't germinate at all. They kept me guessing!

This is Open-Pollinated corn that dried on the stalk in the garden in 2009.
    I put it in the re-usable glass container that you see here.

Placed in the pantry since then, no special treatment.
    Opened it up, and looks like they are still good to go for 2011 garden.:rockwoot:

These 09 corn plants grew to unreachable heights, and so am planning to use them for beans to climb up on this year.

Ya... CORN 'n BEANS...

web.jpg

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Educate yourself before you try to duplicate such feats. A good med bag is only as good as its operator. If I recall correctly, nearly all of officers on the scene were recently issued some quality trauma aid bags only a few weeks prior.

Very good point! Learning how to use a simple trauma kit rather then "waiting to learn on the fly" is something I am very glad to have done.

Got in a couple workouts

Did one dry fire session, and practiced TK application

Read the McPhersons "Primitive Wilderness Living and Survival Skills"

Hiked 15 miles in the Arizona desert and mountains. Did some bouldering, gathered and treated water from springs and pockets in rocks. Tracked small animals, ID local plants, did lots of landnav, map and compass work, slept in the mountains at night, built a couple fires, ate out of pack, tended a teammate's foot, pulled cactus spines from my knee.

So, more training and learning. I need to be buying canned goods and bullets.

Wetsu...come on when are you going to do something actually useful:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom