• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Put some started plants in my hotbox outside and started a bunch more inside.
    Ordered 2 motorola 350 radios : $58.00 Ebay new
    picked up 20 boxes of elbow macaroni at Kroger for 9.80
    Put some of my stored bulk items in 5 gallon buckets in mylar w/ nitro packs
    More deer feed.
    Orderedd a book: 101 trees of Indiana (sorta prepping)
    Picked up an extra barrel for my 10/22
    Mounted a scope on a rifle, gonna sight it in on sat

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Picked up some tune up parts for the new BOV. Talked to Smith in Ohio and got the specs for my vault door to pass over to the builder. Kinda hard toget stuff prepared when I know 8 months from now Ill have more space and a better setup to get everything organized the way it should be. But, still doing what I can.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a buddy who put a safe room in his basement. It is reinforced concrete. Very thick. Ceiling and all. No door yet, and that has been maybe five years ago. One tornado will easily take the contents with it.

Just for grins, could you send the info on the manufacturer? I would be happy to pass it along and maybe he can get safer (pun intended). I would like to build a room myself, but not where I am at right now.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Purchased a weather radio. Added batteries, plugged it in, programmed my county code, verified signal from Indianapolis repeater.

Garden plants germinating and under lights.

Rooting a bunch of cloned trees...

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    I am new to prepping so I don't have really much of anything. But this weekend I went with a few buddies that have been prepping and we did some target shooting and training. Defiantly got me thinking more about it.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    Rotated by cases of water water supply. Gotta make sure you check the dates and give yourself time to consume the old stock:D

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained combat conditioning levels.

Dry fired once: G19 and J frame speed strip reloads

Sparred once-light + drills

Attended Southnarc's PUC and ECQC class

Ordered a TDI trainer and tuckable kydex for my TDI knife (see ECQC above-lessons learned)

Bought a couple cheap knives to make into spear points for my pocket survival kits

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Continuing my work out / diet routine started at the first of the year...DOWN 35 POUNDS !!!

Went to Kroger, last week and again today, stocked up on various items in the 10 for 10 and $5 off sales....Cereal is the deal this week....

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Bi_monthly generator test to make sure everything will function properly when needed.

That's something that I need to start doing. When the last almost blizzard hit I got new fuel and such, then tried out the genny. Remembered that I didn't get a new in-line filter. Not a good time to check on that.

I check and change my smoke detectors regularly, but not the genny.

That being said I am going out in the morning and running it for a bit.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Bought another camper. :rolleyes: I now own 1 pop-up, a 15', and now a 20' campers.
    I will keep the pop-up and the "newest" camper and sell the 15' one.

The folks at the local DMV just might start looking at me "funny". So far this year, I have transfered and/or bought plates for one "new" car, one camper, and renewed the sticker for my truck. I haven't transfered title to the "newest" camper yet.
    (I'm waiting for the village to say something about all the vehicles - 2 cars, 1 truck, 1 van, 1 pop-up, and 1 camper in my yard and drive so far :D)

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Acquired more ammo in 3 different calibers (and didn't shoot it all up) plus more lamp oil and bottled water. I'm a bit behind on my food stores but with enough lead inventory, I won't starve if it comes down to it. :):

thompbarn

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Planted asparagus, blackberry and strawberry. Prepped the garden for planting. Now have a dehydrator and vacuum sealer and deep freezer, plus 3 generators (w/ extra filters, oil and fuel). Working on solar PV and propane storage. Have a years worth of food stored now. Going to start working on two.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Pulled the Ol' CJ out of the Barn. Took a jump start and a little Either. But she fired up as good as she ever has...

Not bad for sitting in the Barn for 3 years with a tank of stale gas...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom