• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    That's a lesson I learned a long time ago...if you buy something, start it, shoot it, or assemble it asap
    I have bought a couple wall hangers(not on purpose) by waiting past the warranty...

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I think that if I had not left it in the bed of my truck - subjecting it to the temperature extremes - that it might have been ok. Of course, several things in the bed of my truck were damaged when I wrecked it, so that might have had something to do with it also. (The accident was in January and it was pretty cold then.) There were several heavy items in the bed that could have hit the box. The tonneau cover popped open because of the impact and the bending of the frame. :( (I loved my truck.)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I just emailed the company that makes the game cart I have - looking for replacement wheels. I FINALLY took it out of the box and was going to put it together and found that BOTH wheels were damaged (the rubber had split!) And since they are such an odd size, my son can't use any of the bicycle parts he has to replace them, nor can I get a bicycle tire/tube for it. (it's a 15 1/2" rim)

I can't go back on the company for replacement (warranty) because the box with the unassembled cart was in the bed of my truck (under a tonneau cover) for about a year in the heat and cold. Plus they might have been damaged when I wrecked my truck.

I doubt I will hear anything until Monday/Tuesday since it is now the weekend. :rolleyes:
    If the company won't make good...as a last resort only, 'cause I'm not sure if it's completely legal...certainly not ethically or morally sound...AS A LAST RESORT ONLY!!! Order a new one and swap them out or swap out the parts you need and return the unused unit in the new box, get your money back, get the parts free.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Just more cleaning and organizing stuff, spent the night at Victory Field with my son and the cub scouts. I spent most of the time reviewing my BO plans in my head just in case. That place would be difficult to get out of and back home if needed.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If the company won't make good...as a last resort only, 'cause I'm not sure if it's completely legal...certainly not ethically or morally sound...AS A LAST RESORT ONLY!!! Order a new one and swap them out or swap out the parts you need and return the unused unit in the new box, get your money back, get the parts free.

The damage wasn't due to anything they did. I really believe that it was because I left it in the bed of my truck and the temperature variations weakened the rubber (constant swelling/shrinking) and that the accident (being struck by something else in the bed) are what resulted in the damage.

But, that is something to think about with such devices - how will storage/environment affect the item? Are there better alternatives? Hard rubber vs. tires w/innertubes? I'll have to think about it more.

On a side note: I inventoried two more bags and printed out the sheets for them.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Okay, lets see, here is one week's worth:

Maintained and or improved combat conditioning: run, ruck, weights, heavy bag, Bootcamp.

One day long FTX training day with the crew. Classroom session, followed by a couple hours of CQB/room clearing. Then 3 hours of range time working unconventional shooting positions, two man and four man team drills with range dummy rescue.

1 Dryfire session, G19, J frame, AK.

Rope practice: knots, prussiks, 8, ATC hook up, inspected climbing gear

Stocked away some honey, and some pints of cheap vodka.

Wrote some and took pictures for an urban survival article.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Added a bolt gun with decent optics to the safe. It is in .223 and will eat the same ammo as all the AR's so this keeps me in line ammo wise. Need to get it out and set up the new scope.

More fuel, ammo and non perishables. I am now officially out of room and need to expand across the board.

Last edited:

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I have gotten some odd and end things for my BOB. Keeping on the diet, lost about 7 lbs. Starting a mild training routine with my fiance, just walking, every week increasing distance, and in week 2 or three depending on how we feel adding BOB's.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Doing an inventory on more backpacks, printing out the lists and inserting one copy in each bag.

Finally got my wrecked truck hauled off. A friend of my son will take it apart (remove certain parts - engine, tranny, etc.) in exchange for his labor (he keeps the engine) for replacing the roof over my grand-daughter's room & the bathroom. He will return other parts - including the wheels/tires. My son FINALLY got the radios out of the wrecked truck. Now, I just have to get him to put them in the "new to me" truck. I am also selling the tonneau cover seperately. (More prep money. :D)

I put together my game hauler. When I took it out of the box to put it together, I found that the wheels were damaged (heat/cold/accident?) and wrote the company to see if they sold the parts seperately and if so, how much. Didn't get a response ----- until-----------------------

Yesterday, UPS stopped in front of my house and left a large, heavy box.
    When I opened it, I found 2 new wheels!! :rockwoot:(So far, I haven't received a bill for them). :D There was no note or anything with the wheels. :dunno:

7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I ran 2 miles at drill today(first time too), it kicked my butt. I've been training for strength and not so much cardio. Guess who's gonna start running all the time now.

I think physical fitness is part of prepping :D

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I just finished inventoring another bag (only have a couple more to go :D), then when I get those done, I will go through each list and try to consolidate the most important items into the fewest number of bags - with the other bags being "would be nice to have along" bags. :D

I have WAY too many bags, and WAY too much "junk" in them. I will be cutting a lot of stuff out.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Also redoing BOBs and extra bags; sorting through them, replacing some items with better or lighter items, etc. I have been hitting the local river walk "trail" such as it is every other day with the BOB on as well as continuing the diet and exercise program.

Got some shooting in this weekend, but wasn't able to practice some of the drills I wanted to do due to range regs.

No garden this year, as there is not much yard at my currently location and what there is is a solid mass of baked clay at the moment, but I have purchased and set aside a large stock of seeds for future use.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Using info from the "Tampon" thread I have been re-evaluating my BOB-Med kit and the home emergency kits. We are also looking at the clothing bags to see what we can do better there.

The Tampon thread is a good read, lots of info there.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Disced the winter wheat under. Planted buckwheat instead. Started feeding the catfish
    again. Picked up a badly rusted 4 gang disc with one gang missing. Plan to rebuild and
    adapt 2 gangs to follow my 'food plot' single row disc.
    Bought 1000 rounds of 9mm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom