• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Bought 3 boxes of strike anywhere matches to start dividing up around the kits.

Guess they are getting harder to find, but Rural King in Kokomo has a ton of them for 99c/box of 300

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well, I've hit my "Target weight" after losing 65 lbs. I've been working out an hour per day, and walking 4 miles daily.
    I'm not up to running for any significant distances yet. I'm good for about 1/4 mile before I want to puke still. Part of this is due to my smoking for the last 55 years I'd wager to guess. I have cut down the smokes to less than a half pack a day and most of those are at least half length left in the ashtray OUTSIDE. Keeping them away from my immediate reach has really helped cut down. I've been using the extra cash for canned goods, and non perishable items.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I just ordered a bucket from Food Supply Depot - 72 Hour/80 Serving Emergency Food Supply which is on sale for $69.96. (Original price:$113.00) Of course, the order won't go in until tomorrow (oops - maybe Tuesday.)

Last week, I received the Emergency Essential toilet seats (2) that I ordered on the 20th. (Rec. 05/24) That was FAST! :rockwoot:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I ordered another box of Folgers Columbian coffee pillow packs - 42 packs per box. It was shipped yesterday.

I also inventoried the bags that I will keep in my truck's toolbox (what a chore) and printed out two copies of the contents and put one copy in each corresponding bag and the other in a binder. I still have a couple more that I want to keep in the toolbox.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Standard weekly deal....More fuel, ammo, dried foods and rotate out the older fuel and replace.

Working the gardens. Corn is doing great, first harvest of onions.

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Spent my hard earned $$ on a survival 1 class last week. That was very informative, and fun. Now I will dig the GHB out of the truck and shave some weight and add,delete items. I had everything I needed, just needed the skills to use them correctly.Now I can plus teach my wife and son the skills.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I inventoried more bags, logged & printed out the lists and placed them in the proper bags.

I received my 72 hour food bucket today (UPS) just after noon. Then around 2:10pm, FedEx delivered my coffee order. :rockwoot:I opened the box of food, but didn't open the bucket yet. I opened the coffee box, put 10 packets in gallon size ziplocks (4) the two left over went into a peanut butter jar with 2 others. I now have a total of 154 packets (or pots) of coffee in the buckets + 6 - 27.8oz "cans" stored. The "cans" last me 13 days so that equals 26 pots more.

When I go shopping tomorrow I will get 2 more "cans" of coffee to store. ;) Plus 2 - 25lb bags of sugar (if there is any left at the store).

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there. :yesway:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Well, I've hit my "Target weight" after losing 65 lbs. I've been working out an hour per day, and walking 4 miles daily.
    I'm not up to running for any significant distances yet. I'm good for about 1/4 mile before I want to puke still. Part of this is due to my smoking for the last 55 years I'd wager to guess. I have cut down the smokes to less than a half pack a day and most of those are at least half length left in the ashtray OUTSIDE. Keeping them away from my immediate reach has really helped cut down. I've been using the extra cash for canned goods, and non perishable items.

Significant accomplishments requiring focused application of will.

Kudos! Keep up the good work!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Kudos....keep up the effort and loose the smokes. JMHO.............:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife and all the kids smoke. I never have....ever. I do not agree or understand the habit but we are all adults so what can I do. I added up what they spend a week on this habit and it is eye opening. What a waste of resources. Again...JMHO

That said....no better barter material except whiskey for a SHTF scenario. I do have both in the stores for this reason. Will not barter food, ammo or fuel but Ciggs., whiskey etc are good options.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Bought some more Israeli bandages and another Katadyn Hiker Pro at the show today. I also picked up an ESEE Candiru to work into my EDC somehow.

I filled up the truck while gas is at $3.49, and might take a couple 5g cans over there too. I'm working on getting the garage cleaned so I can get my truck in there and start doing **** with the welder.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Got a huge disapountment this week.. my little patch of winter wheat has rust..will have to burn it.
    Next I will try buckwheat as its not really a grain and should not be affected.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I just emailed the company that makes the game cart I have - looking for replacement wheels. I FINALLY took it out of the box and was going to put it together and found that BOTH wheels were damaged (the rubber had split!) And since they are such an odd size, my son can't use any of the bicycle parts he has to replace them, nor can I get a bicycle tire/tube for it. (it's a 15 1/2" rim)

I can't go back on the company for replacement (warranty) because the box with the unassembled cart was in the bed of my truck (under a tonneau cover) for about a year in the heat and cold. Plus they might have been damaged when I wrecked my truck.

I doubt I will hear anything until Monday/Tuesday since it is now the weekend. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom