• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Bought a motor for the bradley tractor [$102@harbor freight] cheaper than fixing
    the old one. bought a sand blaster to clean my old implements for painting.
    planted way too much sweet corn and pumpkins and melons and black eyed peas...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Bought a motor for the bradley tractor [$102@harbor freight] cheaper than fixing
    the old one. bought a sand blaster to clean my old implements for painting.
    planted way too much sweet corn and pumpkins and melons and black eyed peas...
    I admit, this is the first time I've ever heard of a bradley tractor. I googled it out of curiosity and now I MUST have one! Our property isn't big enough for a 9N or anything full size, but I really need something that will accomplish all the things a tractor with a PTO will. I have the biggest garden tractor craftsman sells, but implements for it are ridiculously priced. I think I could be convinced to trade it for a bradley with a bunch of attachments.....It seems I have yet another project to research.

Tbald14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Got a new topper for the BOV. Now i can stick more items and people in it for a Bug out situation. Pretty pumped about that.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Got another 5 gal. bucket of laundry soap and a 5 gal. bucket of fabric softener. (They last about a year!) Also, bought 2 more pumps for the buckets.

Emptied and cleaned the "old" soap/fab.softener buckets to use as portable "toilets" and ordered 2 toilet seats from Emergency Essentials to go with them.

Also, ordered & received the "Survival Mom" book.

I'll be layed off after this Friday (05/25) and will start cleaning the basement out and transferring stuff stored all over the house down there. (Perhaps after a week "vacation" - just loafing around. :D)

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Did a real world test on one of my ideas. It worked, but it needs improvements.

Ordered several more items for my bobs. Flash cards for knots ( for the newbies) poison and edible plants.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Took a bigger stab at gardening with yellow peppers, onions, and leaf lettuce added to the tomatos and green peppers already planted.
    Bought a "herb garden" with a lot of different items to use and try.
    Bought a Rossi 22lr single shot that has a .410 ga barrel that can be switched out. Making a scabard (sp?) to hold both barrels and stock to fit my backpack just to have.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Bought "my wife" a Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump, and 100 12g rounds to practice with today. Getting ready for a garage sale so we can buy more preps with the money we make......get rid of crap that we haven't used to buy crap that hopefully we will never have to use lol.

knoxace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I have been wanting to do this for a while, how deep did you have to go and can you please describe how and what you did and what materials were involved?
    the point is about 75 $ , i bought 5 foot pipes (1 and a half inch diamater ) and high impact couplers . high impact so they wont mushroom out when you drive the well . 17 each and pipes 25 each . i went 30 feet before i found good water .

your local hardware store may have a well driver , most will let you borrow it if you buy from them , mine did . one reason i did not go to the big retailers . may have saved money but well driver was worth it . btw you will need to buy one extra coupler to put on top of the pipe while you drive the pipe , this will protect your threads . the extra coupler will be moved each time you add a new pipe .

best advice is to find a good local plumbing supply buy there and they will set you on the right track . also ask neighbors if they heve ever driven i well so you will know if you even can . water may be to deep . i was told there is someone thet uses high pressure water to bore a well of this size ( 1 and half inch ) but i did not check into it . just ask around ,

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bought "my wife" a Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump, and 100 12g rounds to practice with today. Getting ready for a garage sale so we can buy more preps with the money we make......get rid of crap that we haven't used to buy crap that hopefully we will never have to use lol.

My buddys wife runs a 12 G. pump gun like a man. Love that. I let her run my 1187 Remington and she handed it back and picked up her pump gun. Gotta love it.

Standard stuff. More fuel and rotating out the older stock in the vehicles. It is a bit more work but worth having the reserves.

Picked up more .223 and .45 ACP.

Purchased a nice chainsaw, new ax, small hatchet for the BOB.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Took my wife to shoot her new mossberg 500 12 gauge at a friends place, she did really good considering she has never fired a shotgun at all. She was a little nervous to begin with but once she pulled the trigger she was fine. The son shot his Remington 597 until the extended mag that I bought at the Indy 1500 gun show broke off partially inside the gun :( which sucks because he was hitting his targets good today!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Took my wife to shoot her new mossberg 500 12 gauge at a friends place, she did really good considering she has never fired a shotgun at all. She was a little nervous to begin with but once she pulled the trigger she was fine. The son shot his Remington 597 until the extended mag that I bought at the Indy 1500 gun show broke off partially inside the gun :( which sucks because he was hitting his targets good today!

I put the extra mag clamp on both of my pump and semi-auto's. The extension will not stand alone.

GunsAll022.jpg

GunsAll037.jpg

Ya have to have the clamp..................................:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom