Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    is ammo related to this thread?

In that case, I bought a cement mixer to polish brass in, a single stage press, and an old commercial wood / steel breadmaking table complete with bins to mount it to.

for 50 bucks at a garage sale :)
    Just a thought, but I think an old washing machine would also be a cheap way to tumble large quantities of brass....

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Took a glock certification class through my jib and passed. The wep. Retention part was incredibly hard. Also learned some better tactics for extremely close shooting and other stuff. Also Picked up some more mre's guys didn't want at drill... Better then the trash can.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Putting in 4 more blueberry bushes to augment the half dozen other bushes we already have. They are part of our perennial edible landscape.

Also on the annual front we put in 16 tomato plants, about 100 onions. Prepped the ground for more veggies that we will put in over the next week or two. Peppers, squash, etc.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Started a compost bin, beginning plans for laying out a garden for next year.
    gearing up for rain collection, purchasing a couple of rain barrels today or tomorrow.

Picking up a soldering iron, solder, and flux pen to begin building my first couple solar panels tonight, or tomorrow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been looking at used re-loading presses. Used is the key word. Most are used or miss-used no offense to the sellers but none are as advertised. Spent a bit to much time chasing a deal. Looks like it will be all new equipment.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Started a compost bin, beginning plans for laying out a garden for next year.
    gearing up for rain collection, purchasing a couple of rain barrels today or tomorrow.

Picking up a soldering iron, solder, and flux pen to begin building my first couple solar panels tonight, or tomorrow.
    If you plan on planting the garden next spring, start it now. This is one of the best ways I've found to start off a new garden. Till it up now, plant soybeans in it (find a farmer and ask him if he has any old/mixed/unused soybean seed) and let them grow until they are tall but still green. Till them in and start again. Soybeans are a nitrogen fixing plant so this is not only a way to get natural organic matter started in the garden, but it also fixes additional nitrogen into the soil. This will greatly improve the quality of your garden's soil for next spring.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If you plan on planting the garden next spring, start it now. This is one of the best ways I've found to start off a new garden. Till it up now, plant soybeans in it (find a farmer and ask him if he has any old/mixed/unused soybean seed) and let them grow until they are tall but still green. Till them in and start again. Soybeans are a nitrogen fixing plant so this is not only a way to get natural organic matter started in the garden, but it also fixes additional nitrogen into the soil. This will greatly improve the quality of your garden's soil for next spring.

Excellent suggestion. Rep inbound.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Just a thought, but I think an old washing machine would also be a cheap way to tumble large quantities of brass....

Probably true. I dont know anyone who uses a washing machine, but the dumping capability of the cement mixer will be nice. It might be hard to dig it all out of the washing machine.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Planted 12 grape vines, labrusca types.

Planted 4 standard sized apple trees Sundance, Pixie, Liberty and Freedom types, 6 boysenberry, and 35 tomato plants.

20 pepper plants of various variety.

Garden is going gangbusters already, very happy with its production, more garlic, onions, lettuce, spinach than we can eat. Took a gamble with planting really early, paid off.

Salad for every meal, I might even lose some weight this year :)

The second batch of chickens is getting along real well with the older birds, and really enjoy taking baths in the kids swimming pool.

The older birds hate the water, strange that the young ones like it.

Kinda cool eating a salad, loaded with hard boiled eggs, spinach and greens from the garden, all produced from your yard.

I am officially done with trees, maybe a few hardy peaches to give that a shot then we are done.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

Thanks for the great tip... Now if I can just get the wife to decide on the placement! ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We do the grass clippings for weed control through the summer and put all the leaves from the trees on the plots in the fall. We till all of that natural stuff in and cover the areas for the winter. In the spring all the dirt is ready to go.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Got a few items in for GHB. SteriPEN Classic with pre-filter, Life Straw, and an Adventure Medical Emergency Bivvy. Oh almost forgot about my new nalgene as well.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    loaded ammunition, packed up some ammuntition cans for quick loadup, rotated canned goods around, cleaned out the saferoom, more is yet to come.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    AGM batteries differ from flooded lead acid batteries in that the electrolyte is held in the glass mats, as opposed to freely flooding the plates. Very thin glass fiber are woven into a mat to increase surface area enough to hold sufficient electrolyte on the cells for their lifetime.

A gel battery (also known as a "gel cell") is a VRLA battery with a geified electrolyte; the acid is mixed with silica powder, which makes the resulting mass gel-like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom