• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Talked to a man about selling him part of my wrecked (totaled) truck after the stuff we want are taken off of it. The sale will cover updates/repairs to the new (to me) truck. :D (I still don't like long beds that much, but with the bed tool box installed, hopefully, it won't be so noticeable.) Then, I can put my bags & stuff in it. (Emergency supplies, etc.)

It's getting there! :rockwoot:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I finally got some more of my information scanned in and backed up on a couple drives to give to some family members. Once I get some inventory stuff done and entered, I think I will have that taken care of for a while.

I'm slowly getting projects done and need to make an updated list of what all is left to done. I figure I might have it all crossed off before I retire.

(I still don't like long beds that much, but with the bed tool box installed, hopefully, it won't be so noticeable.) Then, I can put my bags & stuff in it. (Emergency supplies, etc.)
    This is one upside to a long bed. After you add the truck box you have about the same usable space as you would have had with a regular length box. The upside to using the truck box is you are able to carry more emergency supplies, preps, etc without needing to compromise for space. Also, it gives a semi-secure place to store a truck gun in the event you let someone borrow your truck (no need to worry about them leaving it unlocked, etc). I'm guessing you will need to vacate Ill. for that one though... :):

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I finally got some more of my information scanned in and backed up on a couple drives to give to some family members. Once I get some inventory stuff done and entered, I think I will have that taken care of for a while.

I'm slowly getting projects done and need to make an updated list of what all is left to done. I figure I might have it all crossed off before I retire.

This is one upside to a long bed. After you add the truck box you have about the same usable space as you would have had with a regular length box. The upside to using the truck box is you are able to carry more emergency supplies, preps, etc without needing to compromise for space. Also, it gives a semi-secure place to store a truck gun in the event you let someone borrow your truck (no need to worry about them leaving it unlocked, etc). I'm guessing you will need to vacate Ill. for that one though... :):

On my old truck, I had a tauneau cover and locking tubs inside. It did cause problems if I wanted to haul some things (metal shelves, cabinets, etc.) but, I didn't have an extended cab in that one. My new (to me) one does have the extended cab, so SOME of the things will be in there. (Gun - not! :D) (Maybe in the tool box? :rolleyes:)
    Also, it seems like I'm walking FOREVER when I go around the back of the truck! :): I'll get used to it I guess. :dunno:

And, yes, I would LOVE to get out of this Naziwannabe state! My daughter lives in the free state of Indiana. (sigh! She is so lucky.:))

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    On my old truck, I had a tauneau cover and locking tubs inside. It did cause problems if I wanted to haul some things (metal shelves, cabinets, etc.) but, I didn't have an extended cab in that one. My new (to me) one does have the extended cab, so SOME of the things will be in there. (Gun - not! :D) (Maybe in the tool box? :rolleyes:)
    Also, it seems like I'm walking FOREVER when I go around the back of the truck! :): I'll get used to it I guess. :dunno:

And, yes, I would LOVE to get out of this Naziwannabe state! My daughter lives in the free state of Indiana. (sigh! She is so lucky.:))
    I have a full-size Crew Cab Long Bed. It has a 53' turning radius. :):

Check my thread in here for how I have my box set up.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    WOW! Niiiicce! (How did I miss that?)

You can really get a LOT of stuff in those things, can't you?! (toolbox)

The one I have is used and much deeper than the ones I saw online at the various stores. (They were only about 12 1/2'' deep) It is the aluminum one as well.

Thanks for the link. You have given me more hope than I had for it and some ideas as well. :D (The one I have still isn't deep enough to put my game cart in though. :()

That really is a nice setup! Great job! And, thanks again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just finished topping off all the fuel jugs for reserve at the corner joint. Dropped $100.00
    The damn suits are driving the prices through the roof to line their pockets.
    Get ready my friends, S will HTF just not sure when.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WOW! Niiiicce! (How did I miss that?)

You can really get a LOT of stuff in those things, can't you?! (toolbox)

The one I have is used and much deeper than the ones I saw online at the various stores. (They were only about 12 1/2'' deep) It is the aluminum one as well.

Thanks for the link. You have given me more hope than I had for it and some ideas as well. :D (The one I have still isn't deep enough to put my game cart in though. :()

That really is a nice setup! Great job! And, thanks again.

Carramrod is a Prep master. Pay attention and learn, I have.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I just finished topping off all the fuel jugs for reserve at the corner joint. Dropped $100.00
    The damn suits are driving the prices through the roof to line their pockets.
    Get ready my friends, S will HTF just not sure when.
    I'm going to keep spare jugs in my truck in case I come across a station a little more reasonable.

Carramrod is a Prep master. Pay attention and learn, I have.

Got that right! :rockwoot::+1:

I wouldn't say I'm a master, I still have much to learn. :yesway:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I just put another one in the truck. I am considering putting the last one in there as well - just in case I find gas much cheaper than the $3.99 that we have here now.

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    I'm resurecting this thread from the past, asking, what you have done to prep this week? QUOTE]

Cleaned out the woodstove from last season's use, recaulked the stovepipe, and left it set up with a prekindled bundle of wood ready to light up just in case we get one more cold snap.

Changed out the water in the 3 downstairs [basement] 55-gallon drums, and will get the 5-gallon containers and watercubes this next weekend.

Changing out the stored gas for the pickup and milady's bike and traded off the last 5-gallon commercial jerrycan to a pal who still uses them- now all my mogas is in 5-gallon square containers that don't show above a pickup's tailgate, or in Scepter GI plastic fuel cans or old GI Jerrycans. Aside from the teo 30-gallon drums and the 55 gallons of grape Avgas.

Picked up some more ammo at the Dugger gun show last weekend. Not a bad little show.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In preparation of the recent panic buying and anticipation of more to come I bought two more G19 mags, and one 33rd mag. Why, just because.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom