• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    We helped out a local family in need...Gave them a big box of groceries from our preps...We are blessed....

So many forget the importance of building ties to their Communities in their Preps. No one family can stand alone. It takes a Community to work through Problems...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Thank you guys...this is a swell young couple, new baby and just having a tough time with life right now...I remember those days well many years ago as a newly married couple...Glad to be able to give back now..

:rockwoot::yesway::rockwoot: Awesome. Preppers, not Hoarders!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Spent 5 hours finding an electrical fault in my tractor.

Two things were discovered.....

1. The little black box ($$$$) that makes it run had to be replaced.
    2. Discovered the brackets on the battery tray were damaged and replaced them.

While I was at it, I cleaned the battery terminals and connections.

The wiring diagrams are stuck in my head!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Well unfortunately I believe my family will be the beneficiary of my father inlaws untimely death. Most of my inlaws have poked fun at his preps so I am sure we will be the only ones interested in his PP, MH and wise food stores.

We will be very thankful for the gift but it's a crappy way to get preps, I would rather my kids have their grandfather, my wife have her father and I would rather have the man that has showed me more attention and spent more time with me than my dad ever has, I am going to miss my hunting buddy.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was able to find these today.
    5x6 tent (kids can use it)
    crossbow with 6 bolts
    6 sleeping bags
    air compressor that using the lighter in the car
    air mattress (queen size)

Also took all my gear out so I could repack my BOB and found I am missing a few items,

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Well unfortunately I believe my family will be the beneficiary of my father inlaws untimely death. Most of my inlaws have poked fun at his preps so I am sure we will be the only ones interested in his PP, MH and wise food stores.

We will be very thankful for the gift but it's a crappy way to get preps, I would rather my kids have their grandfather, my wife have her father and I would rather have the man that has showed me more attention and spent more time with me than my dad ever has, I am going to miss my hunting buddy.

Condolences.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    right now we are totally struggling financially so not able to do much prepping. but i think about it a lot does that count? :dunno:

jake

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This last week my wife went into the hospital for a few days because of some breastfeeding infection. It was a little scary and she was in a lot of pain.

What worked well is that I have a bunch of those instant ice packs and we had to use them to get her temp down. My wife saw the value of some of my first aid preps. Otherwise, while at the hospital I took pictures of every antibiotic they put her on. I intend to buy the fish version of everything she was on and .add it to the preps. She's home now, but it made a miserable week for all.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Bought 10 pounds of 73% calcium hypochlorite for water purification. Was holding bleach but after finding it had a short shelf life I decided to go with this. Going to split it up into at least one pound bags, seal it and spread it around.

Got a .40 carbine, tested it and had fun. Then just got another .38 snub for hidey holes. Addicted to them for some reason.

Moved another case of MRE's off site. Ready for another 50 cal can of miscellaneous ammo to go off site as well.

Picked up two totes that hold 250 gallons each. Washing them out for water storage. One for home, one for off site. Have a line on two more. Checking MSDS just to make sure, but I feel comfortable with them.

Swapped old gas by using it in mower. Filled one, and ready to fill another small container (5 gal).

Found a decent leak in my below grade storage. Working on finding the reason and fixing it. Once I test for repair I will be moving more stores down there.

I realized that I had the majority of my ammo, firearms and medical preps on the top floor of my house. I obviously knew where they were stored, but it finally hit me that lower could be better. Preparing the spot for any tornado activity, once i get the water problem resolved.

Have two non-attached buildings on the property. considering moving a little cache to them as well, just in case.

Added a little to the FAK, but not enough to be happy with.

Also realized that I had a little intruder (my kid) in the zombie food. She swiped a couple things because they weren't in the kitchen. That has been stopped, but good info for others to keep checking your stores. Midnight snacking can ruin a system.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Midnight snacking can ruin a system.

Very good point. The worst prepping mistake I ever made was telling my wife that I had tootsie rolls in with my other foods. One night she got the chocolate craving and that was the end of the propped sweet stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    right now we are totally struggling financially so not able to do much prepping. but i think about it a lot does that count? :dunno:

jake

Exercising your body and mind are cheap, and a heck of a lot more useful when CHTF than a bunch of tacticool gear, generally speaking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom