• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a secondary pistol with ammo in my GHB. I always have two spares on my person for my EDC. My truck has a small lunchbox/cooler that I have extra ammo of various calibers. It has come in handy when having an impromptu shooting session.

I need to get a headlamp. Have a mini-mag and spare batteries. My bag isn't big enough for spare shoes or full clothes but I have socks, underwear and gloves. I also threw in some survival blankets. Easy to tape up to the windows in winter if stuck in the snow. I have one (quart?) bottle of water and a survival straw.

Other stuff in there as well. Little things that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now I need to get one set up better for the wife's truck. I carry mine with me wherever I go. It is small enough that I can fit it in even when in a buddies car.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Picked up more matches, and another magnesium firestarter. I'm still working on 3 fire making methods for each bag of mine(Day pack, BOB, Ruck) and picked up a survival straw. Menard's had tarp's on sale so I picked up a 12'x12' for $2 to throw into my ruck, and also got a good reusable poncho for $4.

This weekend I'll be down in Dugger IN doing some hiking, fishing, trapping, and camping. I'm going to work on some shelter making skills, and pososibly a bit of wild edible ID'ing.

Need to work on plenty of other things as well, but we will take it as it comes.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Got 2 bowling bags, a small backpack, a grater, and storage bin at a rummage. Switched my first aid supplies from a bucket to one of the bowling bags. Lots more room and easier to carry.

Bought some stuff for my 21' camper with the money from the sale of my 15' camper. (Including some tow mirrors - that don't fit. My son will modify them to fit.)

Haven't been able to check out the pop-up because it's been raining so much here. (I don't want to leave it up while I'm at work.)
    I need to get a converter because the pop-up uses a 4 and the camper uses a 7 connector.

I splurged and bought a new video camera (cell phone size). :D

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Reload 100 more XTP rounds and 300 more RN rounds.
    Cleaned all the guns.
    Repaired the Mossberg 500A.
    Checked over the home canned food, looking for failed seals.
    Walk around first fallback position looking for weaknesses.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Purchased another 20 gal of H2O. I need to get on purchasing some of those portable drinking filters for all the cars and bags.

Visited with family... often overlooked IMO

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Visited with family... often overlooked IMO

:+1:

We also built some family bonds this week.

After talking with some people down south who had trouble getting food for the last couple weeks, I decided to try and keep more slow/non perishable food on hand at all times.

I added some canned foods to the cabinets and made some progress on organizing a get home bag for my wifes vehicle.

Which reminds me that mine is sitting in the garage since I was using it as a guide........ DOH!:ugh:

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    Added more aquaponic equipment. the 5-gallon bucket is basically a small tank with an Afnann style bell siphon it it. It cycles through once every 10-15 minutes.
    240051_1562190512945_1780815378_983774_6903230_o.jpg

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey slackers! Get on it!

Over the past 2 weeks or so:

Maintained combat conditoning levels, or upped the intensity a bit. 12 miles/ week of running, plus rucks. 3x a week weights. Bootcamp type PT 1x week. I did an 18 hour adventure race, which for me brings it all into play: landnav, fitness, mental toughness, planning, attention to detail etc.

Couple sparring/heavy bag sessions

Went to the range twice -once solo, once with another bud. Helped him unf*ck his game with AK and AR reloads on the move.

Did some landnav practice sessions and taught UTM coordinates to another friend.

Practiced my rope work and examined my climbing gear.

Sewed a WETSU "survival woobie" as a prototype. Very warm. Compact. I like it so far.

Bought some Mainstay lifeboat rations
    Bought a couple survival items for signaling back up: starflash mirror, whistles etc. I have misplaced a couple of them.
    Bought 2 qts honey for the survival pantry
    Bought 5 Israeli 4" dressings
    Bought some Mountain house meals
    Stacked up a load of wood from a neighbor's beech tree he had taken down. Free BTUs.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last Friday I went to the range and practiced with all my AR's. Practiced on quick reloads, and marksmenship with both iron sights & a red dot which was new to me. I also got another "keep it simple" rifle setup as another handout for my recruits post SHTF. Tested some new 10-22 mags for reliability and feeding. Dod some practice with my ruger mark III just to maintain some kind of pistol skills. 450rds of 223 downrange total, 550rds of 22lr downrange, and 15rds of 308.

While at the range I got to test some gear bags. One completely failed and another did a little better than what I was expecting it to, which is good enough for a handout to a family sheeple post shtf.

Yesterday I refilled what I shot up of my 223 ammo and then some extra for the stockpile.

Most of my other time has been getting work done around the house and last night to the best of my abilities I tried to show my wife how to clean an AR.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Pulled the transmission on the M1009 for a rebuild.The good news if you can call it that,it is only going to cost $450.00 for the rebuild.

Planning/packing for our camping trip(packing in a hurry is a shtf skill we need to REALLY work on).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess I havent done much compared to some other posts. :(
    That kinda makes me feel under-prepared.
    I havent bought anything but I list I havent bought any useless stuff, I guess its a good start already.
    Just dayly workout to stay fit.
    Practiced hand to hand combat with a partner, baton and knife fighting.
    Read lots of stuff and built my knowlegde a bit more on different subjects from firearms to foreign languages.
    I guess its important too, even maybe more important than gear since I can always relly on my body, training and knowledge.I have no idea in case of SHTF if I could make it to my BOB or other gear.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Since my last update I have:

Worked out more trying to get in better shape, still want a little "fat" on me..

bought some items,

a surgical kit
    surgical sutures
    an emergency dental kit
    more bottled water
    a generator and cables
    two more gas cans
    another gallon of oil
    spare plug and air cleaner for the generator
    a copy of the SAS Survival Handbook
    more propane fuel, 1 pounders and 20 pounders

Also:

cleaned all weapons
    made a shooters logs for the long guns
    organized preps
    took inventory
    rotated some water
    cleaned coolers for food storage if needed
    organized vehicle kits

Started considering openning a "preparedness" store and provide all of the products I can get my handsd on relating to preparations we are all working on..

Oh and I read most of One Second After and am still working to convince my better half that we don't have enough supplies..

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The past week:

Maintained combat conditioning. 15 miles of running or rucking, plus weights, heavy bag and some biking on single track.

2 dryfire sessions. G19, AK and J frame.

1 Range session with crew. We did some CCW work, pistol from supine, reloads. Then went right into a short 3 man stack with rifles moving forward and backwards. Finished with team center peels/react to contact. Shooting, moving, communicating.

Read "The Little Balck Book of Violence".

Acquired some nice silver maple, already bucked into shorter pieces. Ready to split in fall. Threw it into the growing stack behind my garage.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Bought an Easy up 10' square shelter and walls.

added to 3 month of living supplies.

Shot 3 rounds of trap.

realized I'm out of shape and went back on my diet and workout schedule.

researched water storage and filtration.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    The past week:

Maintained combat conditioning. 15 miles of running or rucking, plus weights, heavy bag and some biking on single track.

2 dryfire sessions. G19, AK and J frame.

1 Range session with crew. We did some CCW work, pistol from supine, reloads. Then went right into a short 3 man stack with rifles moving forward and backwards. Finished with team center peels/react to contact. Shooting, moving, communicating.

Read "The Little Balck Book of Violence".

Acquired some nice silver maple, already bucked into shorter pieces. Ready to split in fall. Threw it into the growing stack behind my garage.

This week to prepare I read WETSU's last couple of "What I did to prepare" posts along with his "B.O.B>" thread and made a plan to apply some of that logic to my own preps in addition to picking up the slack on my workouts and add a bi weekly (for now, I'm still pretty fluffy) hike with my son wearing a weighted backpack to my exercise regimen (Don't want to scare the sheeple with a full load out including rifle in my vinyl housing project :D ) .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom