• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Started brewing beer yesterday. Now my fermentor is bubbling away. Hopefully will rack and move this one next week to the secondary and start another one.

Past that more water, new backpack for backpacking, and hoping this week to pick up my backpack tent.

Oh yeah and bought a new ka-bar 7 incher. So nice.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Dry firing drills and reloads with both pistol and AR.

Workout regiment is still on 4 days a week for current program. HIIT with kettlebells, bodyweight, and resistance bands.

Been reading up on Wild Edibles and have been looking for some good books with visual illustrations.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The biggest thing crossed off the propping to-do list was my wife giving birth to our second child. Huge sigh of relief to have that out of way before our countries upcoming financial collapse.

Planted some more sprouts, and tended the garden.

Added some grip extended to two glock mags giving them each another 2 rounds each. I still need to test them out at the ra.he before trusting them, but I'm pretty pysched to have 17rds of 10mm.

Replaced the ammo in my BOB with the ammo I currently have all my rifles of that caliber sighted in with.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Continued working the garden and practicing propagation, man it's looking good! Continued living off our supplies, rotating and replenishing. We've got about 6-12 months (depending on who's here when the SHTF) worth of everything we use and we replenish every couple weeks. Decided to buy the tractor I've been in for the past almost 2 years, this should bump my income back up to where I need it for the "off grid" electrical plans. Really need to work out some sort of PT, WETSU makes me feel fat and guilty every time he posts here......;) Oh yeah, the biggest, most important thing I did was finally regain custody of my son (12yo) and bring him into our circle of preparedness. That was a REALLY big one because I think it will be easier if I don't have to travel 1500 miles just to have all my shorties in one place. I spent a few hours going over TRUE American History with him like we do every summer and re-iterated why it is so important to know. Showed him the ENTIRE national anthem and the story of Ft. McHenry where it was born......He is amazed at how much BS they feed him at school and how little they teach at all about this stuff, he is beginning to realize that he needs to question everything they tell him and do the research himself if he wants the truth. Pretty quick learner I guess;) Need to find a place to shoot so we can bust out the .22s and practice our marksmanship over the summer. I did shoot a raccoon in our trash last week from about 60-70 feet with my sp101 snubby .357......I'm not at all ashamed of that shot!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Outstanding move on your boy Thottlejocky.

But with a 12 year old, soon to be a 15 year old, you better bump up your food!
    Thank you! I'm hoping he's good with a shovel and a hoe.....;) He pulled about 15 pounds of bass out of our pond today, but we practice catch and release for the most part. The fish are there for emergency protein and r&r.....

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    My wife picked up a dehydrator in brand-new condition for only $5 at a garage sale! (and we were looking at new ones in the store last week). Already dehydrated some apples and they were great.
    Just found the Jerky guns on clearance at Walmart this evening (it forms the chopped up meat into flat strips --like Lowrey Beef Jerky or into sticks like Slim Jims).

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Won some bids at an on-line auction: 2 coolers, water cooler and a small jug. And the second one is a 12qt. pressure canner and a 4qt pressure pan. And the third one is a Winnebago Scout Vehicle tent (8x10).

Also, today, my son picked up a swimming pool for me. (ok, for us :rolleyes:)

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Check out what I found today at walmart

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

9 LED flashlights for $0.25 each. Yep $2.25 for all 9 lights :rockwoot:

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Made another 5 gallons of beer. Moved the IPA into the secondary fermentor for a couple more weeks.

Bought some more shelves and started re-organizing.

Split some wood with the axe out of boredom.

Picked up a new backpack tent and another fire steel. Also, worked Saturday night on getting the firepit going using only stuff on the ground in the backyard and the firesteel. Took awhile since it was soaking wet but eventually took off.

This week going to continue to work on making different type of knots.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Light week for me.

Worked out pretty hard early on through Wednesday, then took off with the family for some hiking . Covered 6 miles of extremely rugged "trail" ( flowing creek bottom of Clifty Falls creek). Stuck 50 pounds of geodes and fossils in my pack for an impromptu ruck march!

1 dry fire session

Inspected, wiped down and oiled every long arm in my gun room.

One fight night/heavy bag /sparring session

Did a comms test with one of my guys and his new radio/annt set up. GTG.

Practiced some UTM plotting exercises.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Did some research for products I want to carry in the new store, planning continues..

Organized some items in the garage.

Rotated some fuel for the genny.

Bought more for the stock pile, water, TP, Gatorade, dry soup, shelf stored milk, frozen foods, etc..

Met with some potential crew members..

Planned a long range shoot later this week. (found a 200 yard range)

Refilled used items out of EDC bag..

Repacked gear in work truck.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Check out what I found today at walmart

9 LED flashlights for $0.25 each. Yep $2.25 for all 9 lights :rockwoot:

WOW - Super deal - I'll buy 2 of them from you for .50 each :-) 100% return on your investment hehehe

Were they in the clearance isle or were they in the normal location by the camping equipment? I might make a trip to my local to see if the same deal is there.

Cheers

IndyPrepper

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    :):Just got done repacking and reorganizing my GHB. Took some extra mags out of there along with a couple other things not needed this time of year. Then added more first aid stuff and a couple of other goodies. Its acually lighter now.

jordyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Spencer
    Im growing as much food as possible. All heirloom, organic and in my yard. Ive got maybe 65 tomato plants, cabbage, rubarb, root veggies, kale and greens, ect. I want to be able to feed myself 100% off my lot in town by next winter.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    They where in the clearance section. One of the stores here has two (not sure why) but the small one up front and they didn't have a price on them. So my wife told me to get them scanned, so I did,

Good luck

WOW - Super deal - I'll buy 2 of them from you for .50 each :-) 100% return on your investment hehehe

Were they in the clearance isle or were they in the normal location by the camping equipment? I might make a trip to my local to see if the same deal is there.

Cheers

IndyPrepper

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom