Not open for further replies.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    :D:D:DGot my Easy Sprouter today, gonna try sprouting wheat for the first time :n00b:

grainsprouts.jpg

:D:D:DAlso will try raising the Micro-Greens that they hype. Similar to sprouting, but grown in a medium of some sort, and you eat only the very young green tops and throw away the root portions (to the compost bin!). Like a salad of teeny-tiny lettuces/greens:

mg.growing3.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm just not sure about the silver right now. I don't doubt for a second that it's good to have some and to have it long term, but part of me wonders when the buying bubble is going to pop. If it goes over 50 per oz (which I expect it to) then I think all bets are off for where it'll end up.

Apmex paying 3 dollars over spot for Silver American Eagles.It is crazy to sell at this level.As the dollar continues to deflate it will only go higher.

Apmex Starts Reverse Inquiry: Seeks To Buy "Any Quantity" Of Silver From Clients At $3 Over Spot | zero hedge

Picked up an M1009 today.Pictures soon.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Tonight the wife and I planned out a purchase of 2 cases of canned meats. Plans are to pick them up within the next two weeks depending on our schedule. I've never purchased anything from this outfit before but have read several +1 stories about them here and there.

Grabill Country Meats

They're relatively local and prices doesn't seem too bad. I can pick them up to save a couple more dollars from shipping, thought I'd give 'em a try. Any feedback would be awesome if you've tried their products before. We havn't ordered them yet so I've still got time to chose another route if there are horror stories about the quality. Thanks in advance.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Tonight the wife and I planned out a purchase of 2 cases of canned meats. Plans are to pick them up within the next two weeks depending on our schedule. I've never purchased anything from this outfit before but have read several +1 stories about them here and there.

Grabill Country Meats

They're relatively local and prices doesn't seem too bad. I can pick them up to save a couple more dollars from shipping, thought I'd give 'em a try. Any feedback would be awesome if you've tried their products before. We havn't ordered them yet so I've still got time to chose another route if there are horror stories about the quality. Thanks in advance.

Our local D&R Fruit & Meat market stocks cans of Grabill canned meats all the time. Excellent quality and excellent taste. You won't regret buying by the case, especially with the beef and pork, our favorites.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Bought some more non perishable foods.

Next, I'm test-eating some Armour dried beef. 4.5 oz jar. Not bad, but salty as hell. The can says to rinse before cooking. Shelf life, approx 4 years, maybe more in a dry dark place. Not a lot of food to take precious space in a BOB, but OK to have a few on the shelf if you just can't get enough lean meat from cows grown in the bottom of a salt mine.

Water is still an issue if SHTF for a long period. Maybe collect rain? Seems to be enough lately.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night there were two brown boxes on the doorstep. I put an upper on a naked lower, and put a matech sight on the upper. Then I loaded more loose ammo into magazines. Feeling pretty good in that area.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Bought a case of French cut green beans. (Will by items by the case at least once a week. But, need to check out the count on various case lots - bought a case of Mac & Cheese two weeks ago, 35 boxes in a case :rolleyes:)

Got my house "weatherized" - blown insulation, calking, a couple new windows. Added some carbon monoxide/fire alarms, etc.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Finally it's been a good month for preps around here. As mentioned a week or so ago, I got on the INGO group buy for a couple cases of MRE's, I'm picking up the two cases of canned meats in 2 weeks, and tonight I was able to get four cases of a variety of canned veggies and a lot of other things that'll store for 2-5 years. I can finally say that with this months purchases I'll be able to feed my family and provide for most necessities for up to 3 months now. Before this month, I was only at the 1 months worth of preps. Feeling pretty good about it, but now is probably the time to start trying to think of things I've overlooked.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Man, I've done a bunch of stuff to prep in the past week.

A couple dry fire sessions
    One fight night-light sparring. Got a black eye.
    1 Range session-G19, Tomcat

2 Day FTX w/ the crew. Work-ups on hypothermia, snares/jug fishing, trauma. Range session with pistol deployment from vehicle, multiple targets. Zero'd Remington at 100 meters, spotted for others.

Checked comms

Tilled garden, worked in peat and manure.

Bought some Mountain House

Bought some fabric and started making a prototype WETSU survival blanky.

Thats about it.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Bought 2500 rounds .22LR on sale.
    Hand loaded 100 rounds XTP and 200 rounds FMJ 9mm.
    Ordered 2000 9mm cases, 1000 FMJ and 1000 XTP bullets, 2000 small pistol primers and a pound of Power Pistol for reloading.
    Got 3 cases Grabill Meats.

hem_ker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plymouth
    Two things of note come to mind for me:
    (1) Joining INGunOwners and seriously started checking out the good resources in the "Survival and Disaster Preparedness" section ;-) AND
    (2) Looking for a house that will aid in the self-sustenance area.

Oh, just thought of a third ... reminding myself that I am a "sojourner and alien" in this land and that "though heaven and earth may pass away" Jesus will remain! <-- Helps me to put things in perspective as I prepare. Blessings!

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    bought more food stock
    made a penny stove from a couple aluminum cans, works pretty good
    sighted the 308 at 100 yards and checked the 150 accuracy
    bought more ammo for the shotguns, rifles and hand guns
    bought more ammo cans for the new ammo
    backed up all of my important files, photos, how to's, manuals, and other digital files onto a separate drive and put in the cage
    repacked and rotated items through the EDC bag
    repacked and rotated items through the BOB
    broke out old pelican cases from storage and are roting their contents
    rotated some fuel stores
    bought more seeds, fertilizer and other gardening items

I forget what else, been a real busy week..

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I finally packed a "get home bag" for my truck. Pretty basic stuff really. I might need a larger bag for winter as this one is pretty small and nearly full.

Contents:
    poncho
    water (2 bottles) + food (power bars)
    knife (swiss army)
    flashlight + batteries (head lamp + extra double aa's)
    First Aid (mini kit)
    Fire starter (waterproof matches + lighter)
    Map (detailed local map for most common stomping ground), truck already has regional map
    Notebook + Pen (just paper today... waterproof paper ordered)
    duct tape + paracord
    change of clothes and shoes in drybag

NOTE: Always on my person is my EDC. Probably should add an extra mag or two to the bag.

Edit: Need to add some cash

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom