• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    My point being that F1 cars, NASCAR etc., etc., etc., all race on tracks. "Roads" if you will, that are specifically designed for them. If you contend that cyclists and motor vehicles should share the road, then shouldn't the Tour de France course be open to motor vehicle traffic while the race is going on?
    I guess you have never seen a road course car race where they race on public roads that were closed off for the race. Your point again was what?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK, long as we don't reach Vegan Level.

0f864581edab8811dcc8541b9e232804.gif

:stickpoke:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just seems counter intuitive to ride on what appears to be a fairly heavily trafficked road when there is a perfectly good multi use path IMMEDIATELY to their right. Of course I don't see the distinction between "trail" riders and "road bike" riders.
    Trail riders are generally more casual in their riding style

If they put a stripe down the middle of the multi-use path and designated it road bike only would that help?
    Not for those that want to ride many miles. Most road riders I have ridden with ride 30-40 on a short evening ride, 75-100+ on weekend rides. Bike paths are not generally amenable to that type of riding.

I don't deny their right to ride on the road, especially when they, as you have pointed out, are being considerate enough to ride single file. AND I get that even single file, the WHOLE lane, stripe to stripe, or edge to road center, in the case of a two-lane road, is theirs.

Although not a TRUE rider, the wife and I do ride out in the country around our house so I've seen the worst behavior from both sides.
    Until one has ridden the kind of mileage serious road riders ride it is hard to understand the nuances of their style of riding and the equipment they use to achieve such mileage. That is very clear in this thread. I am fat and old and no longer ride long mileage but, as you might expect, defend their rights as zealously as I defend those that participate in various styles and types of shooting. Although that is generally lost on many here, I still love them as brothers of the gun…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So now we have trail riders, road riders and pro riders? :faint: Shouldn't they each have their own designated riding places? I mean think about it. There are "trail drivers" in souped up off-road vehicles that don't drive the on the public streets. And we have "pro drivers" that don't drive their race cars on public streets. And then we have "road drivers" that you know... drive on public streets. Why wouldn't it be the same for cyclists? :)
    Does not every type of rider have the right to use the road as is lawful?

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    "A 2010 literature review by Frank Sommer and Irwin Goldstein was also troubling, suggesting that “There is a significant relationship between cycling-induced perineal compression leading to vascular [related to the veins], endothelial [cells of the blood vessel walls], and neurogenic [of the nervous system] dysfunction in men and the development of ED”."

The fact that this has >2000 replies is hilarious. I dont really care but our duty as men is to take care of our Schlongs. See below
    Cycling Effect on the Hog

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    "A 2010 literature review by Frank Sommer and Irwin Goldstein was also troubling, suggesting that “There is a significant relationship between cycling-induced perineal compression leading to vascular [related to the veins], endothelial [cells of the blood vessel walls], and neurogenic [of the nervous system] dysfunction in men and the development of ED”."

The fact that this has >2000 replies is hilarious. I dont really care but our duty as men is to take care of our Schlongs. See below
    Cycling Effect on the Hog
    Since the 90’s they make saddles that mitigate this issue, your mangina is showing…

Top Bottom