• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    We have water if you need it...you are more than welcome to come use ours.

Thanks! We are ok, luckily the way that it is run I was able to shut the line off at the kennel and leave the house on. It was just inconvienient because I was trying to pin point the leak in the mud because we still had to have water going to clean and water all the dogs and of course it happens during a busy time. It all worked out, and was prepared if it didn't ;) but thank you for your generosity!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Today........

Water leak fixed...........................................check!
    Split some firewood......................................check!
    Moved and restacked two cords of wood..........check!
    Drink a beer................................................check!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Lets see. In the last couple of weeks I've been a bit busy. LadyGhost had her knee replaced last week, so I spent most of my days with her at the hospital til she was released. Spent the week prior getting everything caught up on paying bills, groceries and other things. Since she got home this last Saturday I've managed to can:
    6 quarts of chili
    4 quarts of beef stew
    7 quarts of pork taco meat (pork shoulder cut into cubes and canned with taco seasoning)
    13 pints of ground beef taco meat
    20 pints of beef sloppy joe meat
    Also picked up 60 dozen regular jar lids, 10 cases of regular pint jars and a case of half gallon jars all for either a good regular price (the pint jars) or on sale (the half gallons) or on seasonal clearance (half or more off)

LadyGhost and I have been on a canning kick as of late. Next on the list is chicken soup, celery soup, and I am thinking some vegetable soup. How much I'm not sure right now.

Rflix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Downtown
    Picked up some heavy duty stackable storage boxes and am getting some basic gear (tarps, rope, heating equipment, hand tools) organized in them. Also went around the house checking condition of fire alarms and fire extinguishers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks! We are ok, luckily the way that it is run I was able to shut the line off at the kennel and leave the house on. It was just inconvienient because I was trying to pin point the leak in the mud because we still had to have water going to clean and water all the dogs and of course it happens during a busy time. It all worked out, and was prepared if it didn't ;) but thank you for your generosity!

Anytime!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    We have our daughter and her 3 children moving back in with us. Nov 1...so been trying to cleaning out the extra rooms. Decided to get a gas stove and have the line run so broke now...lol. but at least we can cook if the electric goes out and I hate electric stoves...

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    We have our daughter and her 3 children moving back in with us. Nov 1...so been trying to cleaning out the extra rooms. Decided to get a gas stove and have the line run so broke now...lol. but at least we can cook if the electric goes out and I hate electric stoves...

I remember when I lived in my apartment and had to cook on an electric stove. I HATED the damn thing! Couldn't wait to move to a different place that had a gas stove.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Double bagging helps. Since the foodsaver bags are so expensive, I use ziplock freezer bags without sealing them, then put that inside the foodsaver bags.

Good to know. I was wondering if I could just use a sandwich bag, the kind with the foldover top. All we are trying to do is keep the Mylar intact, right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today........

Water leak fixed...........................................check!
    Split some firewood......................................check!
    Moved and restacked two cords of wood..........check!
    Drink a beer................................................check!

MSG...+1
    Firewood....good
    Beer....Very good

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Awsome! My wife just let me get a 3 point log splitter for my tractor! Hey Church it won't be long now! My wife is the best!

Drove by your place today. Was meeting 2 ingo members to do some trading. Your place is right in the middle of a whole lot of nothing. Hard to sneak up on you. Nice place.
    There is a concentration of ingo folks out that way. Trying to meet them all. Good folks.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Greased the plow. chopped down the garden. Pruned the white oaks...hope to get acorns
    next couple years. (should attract bambi) started organizing for winter shutdown .
    Next...winterize all the small engines.
    Oh, me and the boss started a new lo-carb diet. I've used this before with much success.
    This time she's all on board... that will make it easier. ( She thinks it's her idea)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom