• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Our BOB is accessible as well but I try and keep it intact. If something get used from it I am not always made aware of it. That is why the wife has her own FAK

LOL, yeah, I can see that. My BOB is off limits except for life and death emergencies. My wife won't even touch it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Pulled the main door to my house. Reinstalled it a more secure way. Before I put the interior trim back on I am installing a piece of angle iron at the striker area. Won't make it kick proof, but they will need a few good swings.

Next will be to replace the patio door in back. Never liked it anyhow. Then will start looking into the window film.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Broke up all the big bags of rice into 4 cup bags with the Food Saver. Made some MRE's for the BOB. Gotta plan out more alternate meals for the fam. I made lentils and rice with creamy chicken broth and they loved it so it's going to be a staple. Did some hiking for training near the BOL. Longer trip than I though with the kids in tow.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Broke up all the big bags of rice into 4 cup bags with the Food Saver. Made some MRE's for the BOB. Gotta plan out more alternate meals for the fam. I made lentils and rice with creamy chicken broth and they loved it so it's going to be a staple. Did some hiking for training near the BOL. Longer trip than I though with the kids in tow.

Should have posted you where going to bag the rice with the food saver lol.

I would have told you the result.Bags that do not stay sealed.The rice punctures them.Maybe one out of 10 we did stayed sealed longer than a few days.We are strictly buckets for rice now.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood

I would have told you the result.Bags that do not stay sealed.The rice punctures them.Maybe one out of 10 we did stayed sealed longer than a few days.We are strictly buckets for rice now.

You can't use the regular food saver bags, they suck. The ziplock ones will hold the rice. Mine are all still rock solid. The better mylar bags will work too.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood

All my bags are still sealed and good to go.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Woke up this morning to standing water at my pump house and no water pressure :(, started digging in the mud and after a day of digging still have yet to find the leak. Will be back at it in the morning but it has just backed up my decision to install a manual hand pump well since this is the second time in 6 months we have not had water. Thankfully we have plenty stored!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pulled the main door to my house. Reinstalled it a more secure way. Before I put the interior trim back on I am installing a piece of angle iron at the striker area. Won't make it kick proof, but they will need a few good swings.

Next will be to replace the patio door in back. Never liked it anyhow. Then will start looking into the window film.

We did something similar to all our doors on both houses and the shop. It would take a full steam hit straight on to budge any of them. I screwed the materials directly to the frame of the house. Backed up the handle and dead bolt with one full length piece. It is a good practical way to reinforce the security of the door jambs.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ran 10 miles, rucked 3 miles, lifted weights 3 days, swam and biked.

3 dryfire sessions: G19, J frame, AK and bolt gun

Fired up the genny and tested it.

Refilled the kerosene jug.

Took my daughters out to the woods to practice and teach (test) them on shelter building, fire making and tracking and plant ID. Basic bushcraft.

Practiced one handed application of CAT, TK4, Izzy and H bandages.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Two of the GI 5 gallon plastic containers arrived from buylci.com today. The wife asked about them and I had to explain that my blue aquatainers get too beat up bouncing around in the utility cart I pull when I take the kids outside.

Helped a newer prepper think out what he needs in his emergency bag by showing him everything I had in mine. I'm currently redoing my bag because I started carrying it for some short distances and it was just unrealistically heavy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Woke up this morning to standing water at my pump house and no water pressure :(, started digging in the mud and after a day of digging still have yet to find the leak. Will be back at it in the morning but it has just backed up my decision to install a manual hand pump well since this is the second time in 6 months we have not had water. Thankfully we have plenty stored!

We have water if you need it...you are more than welcome to come use ours.

jeepjester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    I bought my first BOB today. And bought extra mags for my glock and AR. Now start filling my BOB with all the good stuff.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

Double bagging helps. Since the foodsaver bags are so expensive, I use ziplock freezer bags without sealing them, then put that inside the foodsaver bags.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Two of the GI 5 gallon plastic containers arrived from buylci.com today. The wife asked about them and I had to explain that my blue aquatainers get too beat up bouncing around in the utility cart I pull when I take the kids outside.

Helped a newer prepper think out what he needs in his emergency bag by showing him everything I had in mine. I'm currently redoing my bag because I started carrying it for some short distances and it was just unrealistically heavy.

Go To ITSTactical.com and look at the lightweight backpacking gear. Lots of good info and gear there. I'm going ultralight myself, my back just can't handle a 50# ruck anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom