• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Year ago I bought 7 gallon aqua tainer containers after having water in cheapo plastic containers crack and make a mess for me in my home. They've held water very well and I've got a few of the 20L GI water containers from BUYLCI.com years ago. They all need to have the water swapped out, cleaned up, refilled and have a drop of bleach added for long term storage. They have all come in handy before for different reasons, but it's time to run them through the cleaning routine.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    when it comes to water supply just get things like a lifestraw it can be used in unsanitary water and will purify it. Just make sure it's working properly every year. If you have the means getting a solar power system that can handle a fridge will get you just about all the fueling you need.
    Snagged 3 Lifestraws from Amazon this week.

I've never been too serious about prepping- finances, lack of support from the wife, limited space. All of those have changed, especially the wife since people started being nuts.

We've started on the path. I'm sure this too shall pass, but once the panic is over I look forward to stocking up on more dry goods.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We will venture pout among the sheeple and the idiots once more today as my purchasing agents did not take heed to the fact we have a 13 year old celiac that requires a special diet. I am so seriously pi$$ed off at her mother (my daughter) and the spouse. I try and maintain a reserve of food for her. Just for these times. The agents of purchasing did pay attention to the list they had but they never did (under my recommendation) grab up as much Gluton free food as will be needed. Now If this **** gets serious she is in jeopardy. WTAF here. Yes I am seriously upset and everyone knows it.

I put this in here so we all pay attention to special needs. Not just toilet paper. This insanity is just the tip.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We will venture pout among the sheeple and the idiots once more today as my purchasing agents did not take heed to the fact we have a 13 year old celiac that requires a special diet. I am so seriously pi$$ed off at her mother (my daughter) and the spouse. I try and maintain a reserve of food for her. Just for these times. The agents of purchasing did pay attention to the list they had but they never did (under my recommendation) grab up as much Gluton free food as will be needed. Now If this **** gets serious she is in jeopardy. WTAF here. Yes I am seriously upset and everyone knows it.

I put this in here so we all pay attention to special needs. Not just toilet paper. This insanity is just the tip.

mouse, my mom lives w us and also cannot do gluten. I made sure to have plenty of things that she can eat.

If things keep going, give me a shout if your 13 year old like muffins. I’ll make her a special batch.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wife went to Costco today to pick up dog food. People were parking a couple blocks away and walking in. It was all she could do to fight the crowd and get the dog food.
    Positive note. We now have enough dog food for 6 months easily. We're plenty good on everything else as well. Cant wait to see Meijer tomorrow on my normal grocery shopping day:xmad: May just skip it all together

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Going to stop by Pet Supplies Plus tomorrow for dog food. We're low because we just switched brands due to allergies, and we didn't want to get too much in case it didn't work out. Will take a leap of faith.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Does anyone know how feasible it is to freeze milk? We used to do it when I was a kid, but as I recall, last time I tried, it didn't go back together when I shook it up. Would organic work better?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Does anyone know how feasible it is to freeze milk? We used to do it when I was a kid, but as I recall, last time I tried, it didn't go back together when I shook it up. Would organic work better?

Worked fine the last time I did it a few years back. I only left it that way for a few weeks though and haven't tried keeping it for months at a time. It was also skim if that matters to you.

I did do it dozens of times though. I don't really drink milk, but my girlfriend at the time did, so I'd buy a gallon, she'd have whatever over a weekend, I'd freeze it, a couple weeks later she'd come back over and I'd get it out of the freezer for her. No complaints.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    In the last few weeks...

Liquidated our retirement accounts, it's all in CD's now.
    Pulled $10K out of savings for some "walking around money"
    Topped off the food and cleaning items, we did not need much, mainly beer.
    Bought a medium sized outdoor propane burner, I want to be able to boil bedding.
    Attempt to keep the family calm and focused.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the last few weeks...

Liquidated our retirement accounts, it's all in CD's now.
    Pulled $10K out of savings for some "walking around money"
    Topped off the food and cleaning items, we did not need much, mainly beer.
    Bought a medium sized outdoor propane burner, I want to be able to boil bedding.
    Attempt to keep the family calm and focused.

The last item on you list is what I am focused on right now. The terrorists (avatar) and older sister are obviously disturbed by all of this. CKW (spouse) has been on edge as has my daughter and SIL. No way they can not be. I have spent some time with the kids assuring them we will be OK as we have the prep thing in order.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The last item on you list is what I am focused on right now. The terrorists (avatar) and older sister are obviously disturbed by all of this. CKW (spouse) has been on edge as has my daughter and SIL. No way they can not be. I have spent some time with the kids assuring them we will be OK as we have the prep thing in order.

I hear ya. I just finished a family meeting (10 and 13). Ugh.

Top Bottom