• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If your candidate doesn't get the nomination, how will you vote?

• Total voters

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I will vote for Paul. His foreign policy is screwed up for a Republican, but more or less equal to Obama's who's foreign policy has been an absolute disaster. My hope is that he would surround himself with moderating forces.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If Ron Paul actually manages to take possession of the Republican Nomination...

I would be willing to vote for Ron Paul, and I am fully prepared for him to be a Jimmy Carter as the POTUS....

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    If Ron Paul actually manages to take possession of the Republican Nomination...

I would be willing to vote for Ron Paul, and I am fully prepared for him to be a Jimmy Carter as the POTUS....

From his track record, I think Paul would be more like one of the first 4 or 5 Presidents we had. Not a bad thing to ponder in reality.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Your options do not include my plans. I will not vote for Newt or Romney if either are nominated. I will vote for a conservative candidate, a truly conservative candidate. If the Republicans nominate a conservative candidate I will vote Republican. If the Republicans nominate a RINO, who is really a progressive Democrat, I will vote for the Constitution Party or Libertarian Party candidate.

THe Republicans have promised for years to change America back to a constitutionally controlled republic but they have consistently failed to do so when they had the opportunity. In short, they lied consistently. They are part of the ruling class that is destroying this nation. I will not vote again for a RINO.

^^^ This! A RINO Repub in the WH is only going to encourage the EstablishmentRepub party to serve up more of this unsustainable government spending and will set the Repub party back decades when it becomes unsustainable and money printing no longer "saves" us. The Dems would hang that around the Repub's necks and guess what would happen in 2016? Try to picture another Dem WH, Senate and House with America just beeeeegging to be "saved" from the evil Repub's!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    From his track record, I think Paul would be more like one of the first 4 or 5 Presidents we had. Not a bad thing to ponder in reality.
    From his Track Record he is not very good at Partisan Politics...

The POTUS actually has less influence on/in the Congress than a Senator or Representative does. The Only thing he gains as POTUS is the Veto Power, which Congress can overrule that as well. If he does not play well with others before he is the POTUS, what makes you think he will after he is POTUS?! :popcorn:

Which is one of my issues with Rep Paul, he has been on the Hill a LONG time and has not really done much other than Vote No, or Introduce Legislation he possibly knew would not go anywhere.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I view the president as having the Ultimate Bully Pulpit and setting the tone for the direction of the country. Who else can hold a daily news conference and point out stuff that the Establishment or press won't touch? I find it incredibly troubling that we are still going through the financial mess of sub-prime housing/derivatives con and nobody is in jail. Fast & Furious? The Fed printing and secretly lending out trillions? A president can force attention onto these issues and once exposed, they become more difficult to ignore.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    From his Track Record he is not very good at Partisan Politics...

The POTUS actually has less influence on/in the Congress than a Senator or Representative does. The Only thing he gains as POTUS is the Veto Power, which Congress can overrule that as well. If he does not play well with others before he is the POTUS, what makes you think he will after he is POTUS?! :popcorn:

Which is one of my issues with Rep Paul, he has been on the Hill a LONG time and has not really done much other than Vote No, or Introduce Legislation he possibly knew would not go anywhere.

Or behind door number 3, introduce amendments to bills in the form of earmarks and then vote against the final bill insuring that his district get money while he feigns indignation and claims he was against the pork.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I view the president as having the Ultimate Bully Pulpit and setting the tone for the direction of the country. Who else can hold a daily news conference and point out stuff that the Establishment or press won't touch? I find it incredibly troubling that we are still going through the financial mess of sub-prime housing/derivatives con and nobody is in jail. Fast & Furious? The Fed printing and secretly lending out trillions? A president can force attention onto these issues and once exposed, they become more difficult to ignore.

If it was only so....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    RepubliCrats Against Ron Paul come out of the woodwork on every forum I visit whenever his name comes up.

Let's all vote for Romney. :rolleyes:

Or Gingrich. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pssssttt....

I am not a republican...
    I am not a democrat either...
    Matter of fact I hold, nor will I ever hold a political party affiliation...
    The fact that I AM an American is the only Affiliation that I need... ;):popcorn:

Last edited:

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Right at this very moment I want to un-register my voter registration in protest to occupy my voice of reason.

Then I want to say: WHAT IS THEIR MAJOR MALFUNCTION !!! :drill:

As convoluted as that sounds, I find myself in a conundrum looking into a massive political black hole with the former planet, Pluto, making more sense than any politician on Earth. :tinfoil:

Let's face facts. If you 100% are NOT voting for Obama and will vote no matter what or who for the Republican Nominee, then it's all a moot point. Just show up on election day and vote blind as I think many people will, and that is your right !

I'm an Independent and always have been so I'm gonna do what the hell I want and I don't have to tell anyone about it. I may just say **** it and not even show up, which is also my right. The whole thing makes me feel dirty anymore like I'm participating in a grand charade.

The next term is already pre-arranged anyway so this voting thing just makes us feel like we have a say. I guess in the end, at least Ron Paul makes the elite mind **** establishment nervous and that is worth the price of paying taxes or in other terms, the price of admission.

Our great country has a longgggggg way to go, if we make it that far. :dunno:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Or behind door number 3, introduce amendments to bills in the form of earmarks and then vote against the final bill insuring that his district get money while he feigns indignation and claims he was against the pork.

So... wonder how long before rambone starts listing all the skeletons in Pauls closet? I think I'll hold my breath and wait......:D

I'll say it again, IF and only IF a majority is elected into the Senate and House that agree and will support Ron Paul's agenda, his election to POTUS will have zero effect.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I will support RP, but honestly I don't think he stands a chance with his forgeign policy. If by some miracle he makes nomination I'll give em a chance at the helm. If not then whomever the repukeagains nominate. I've always believed you should always vote even if it makes you sick. can't stand just doin nothin about it. Even if u don't vote some turd heads gonna get elected you can bank on it. :twocents:

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If Ron Paul does not get the nomination I will most definitely vote for Obama for the following reasons:

1. I actually trust Ron Paul. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but I haven't seen him demonstrate the ability to flip-flop on the issues like many of the politicians of our time.

2. I believe he's the only prospective candidate to serve in the military. I don't agree with all of his ideas on foreign policy, but I trust the military in his hands.

3. Ron Paul is from a generation that I trust. My generation is money hungry and power hungry. I believe Ron Paul takes the best attributes from his generation and lives them.

4. He's been in politics long enough to have a track record that can be examined and he knows where everyone's skeletons are buried, so I don't believe he can be bullied.

5. Although he may have some enemies in politics, I believe even his enemies trust that he will hold firm to his word.

6. This is a stretch, but I believe those in Congress will be able to examine Ron Paul's direction and choose to support or go against him using common sense instead of party association.

7. Ron Paul will represent America, not his political party. He will respect the Office and those who voted for or against him.

8. I don't trust any of the other candidates and if Obama has to stay, at least I know those in Congress will go against him, whether he desires to do away with federal tax, Class III stamps, or even raise taxes...that is, if they don't get what they want in return for their vote.

9. There are too many in Congress who will go along with the other prospective candidates just because of party affiliation and they won't bother to determine if it's good for our country.

So, for me it's Paul or bust.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If Ron Paul does not get the nomination I will most definitely vote for Obama for the following reasons:

1. I actually trust Ron Paul. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but I haven't seen him demonstrate the ability to flip-flop on the issues like many of the politicians of our time.

2. I believe he's the only prospective candidate to serve in the military. I don't agree with all of his ideas on foreign policy, but I trust the military in his hands.

3. Ron Paul is from a generation that I trust. My generation is money hungry and power hungry. I believe Ron Paul takes the best attributes from his generation and lives them.

4. He's been in politics long enough to have a track record that can be examined and he knows where everyone's skeletons are buried, so I don't believe he can be bullied.

5. Although he may have some enemies in politics, I believe even his enemies trust that he will hold firm to his word.

6. This is a stretch, but I believe those in Congress will be able to examine Ron Paul's direction and choose to support or go against him using common sense instead of party association.

7. Ron Paul will represent America, not his political party. He will respect the Office and those who voted for or against him.

8. I don't trust any of the other candidates and if Obama has to stay, at least I know those in Congress will go against him, whether he desires to do away with federal tax, Class III stamps, or even raise taxes...that is, if they don't get what they want in return for their vote.

9. There are too many in Congress who will go along with the other prospective candidates just because of party affiliation and they won't bother to determine if it's good for our country.

Que; regarding your comment #2 about Paul being in the military, you do realize that Obama was never in the military. Also, I am probably closer to Paul's age than you are. I can assure you, in my lifetime I have come across many low life dirtbags. I don't understand you comment #3.

That said, we will all vote our conscious. I hope the 35% in the poll who won't vote if RP isn't the nominee rethink their position. The primary objective is to get Obama out, anyone else in there will be easier to deal with, especially if we can kick Harry Reid out of the Senate majority seat.

And if anyone stays home, well, Obama will appreciate that he doesn't have to deal with your vote.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Look a little deeper he is a Career Polotician and they, in my experience at least, all run true to form...
    Just becuase someone has served does not mean the understand what the Military can anc cannot do, be used for nor even how to use that asset...
    You mean the Generation who helped guide us into the Fiasco we are in right now...
    IF he knew where anything was buried he would be for more successful at pushing Legislation through the Process...

Like that has worked to his favor during his Career as a Representative...

Depends on how the Majority in Congress shifts...

I will NOT be voting for Obama Personally...

*The above comments in Red are mine in reply to Que's points...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newsflash

This is why Ron Paul is the only Republican that has a chance of being the next president.

The other Republicans will send their base packing.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love the folks who close one eye when they vote and only see the evil in "the other party" - and, so, vote for the party that isn't as bad as what "we've got now."

I'm tired of throwing my vote into the trash heap. I eagerly voted for Bush2 to avoid Gore and Kerry.

I enabled the destruction of our economy (amongst other destructive practices to our Republic) by doing so.

I've decided to stop being an enabler. I will vote for the *BEST* person to do the job of protecting our Constitution and our Liberties. When enough others decide to do the same, we'll start recovering the liberties lost, and our Republic will rise again.

Until then, beware of enabling more big govt politicians all in the name of "He's better than the other moron!"

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Who in your opinion is the BEST person? As far as Bush and enabling the destruction of our economy, what would have happened under Gore or Kerry?

Top Bottom