• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sorry man missed this. I did basically everything Volquartsen. I felt like the tandemkross stuff is kinda a little more Chinese looking. All the research I did said the VQ trigger kit was slightly better. So I did the Volquartsen accurizing kit but kept the standard trigger for now because I want to keep the gold to match gold upper. I may buy the trigger separate used off Reddit GAFS because I’m not spending $60 for a trigger lol. I could prolly get a hole drilled/tapped from a buddy for travel. and save a little coin. I did opt for the Tamdemkross Hive grip and mag bottoms however. But VQ for the comp bolt, trigger, mag release, bolt release, mag springs, mag buttons. Just bought a pre owned 507c waiting for the mount plates to come back in stock.
    Nice. I heard the real ticket is the VQ kit and the TK trigger. The flat trigger is nice and I am happy with the kit.

Codyf44

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Plainfield
    Yeah people often do the mix of the two to get the flat trigger. You would think more would make triggers for them as popular as they are. Give me a flat gold and I’m sold. But not for $60 lol

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Is that the NATO load? Like the Winchester 124 grain NATO in the white box.
    No, standard velocity, muzzle velocity of 1125 feet per second.

Winchester White box NATO load is frequently listed at 1200FPS. Not a huge difference typically the NATO loads are listed with a higher muzzle velocity. Could just be marketing. I don't have a chrono to test.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I rolled over to Albany around lunch today to pickup a order of ammo cans from Guns and Rosa's home. You know them from the show circuit selling targets and ammo cans around Indiana and Ohio.
    Great folks and my order was stacked up on a 4 wheel dolly when I pulled around back.
    All the cans are in great shape as usual.

20240612_130844.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I rolled over to Albany around lunch today to pickup a order of ammo cans from Guns and Rosa's home. You know them from the show circuit selling targets and ammo cans around Indiana and Ohio.
    Great folks and my order was stacked up on a 4 wheel dolly when I pulled around back.
    All the cans are in great shape as usual.

View attachment 358855
    What do they charge for an order like that per can?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    What do they charge for an order like that per can?
    I dont recall asking the per can thing with all the different sizes being different prices. I want to say 20 to 40 bucks a can. and thats from regular 50BMG to the large cans that hold 1,500 rds of belted 7.62. Those cans are the same height and length of the 30MM cans but are about a 1 1/2' narrower.
    That load was around $400.00 bucks.
    And they always have super clean cans. lol :wrongdoor:

Top Bottom