• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Took advantage of the Optics Planet 12% off sales for Memorial Day and got a bunch of goodies for my new Mkiv 22/45 lite! Trigger, grip, magazine springs, extended mag release, extended bolt release. Also got a trigger from Midwest Optics MBT2s for my banshee 9mm! Can’t wait to take them apart and get the new parts in!
    What trigger did you go with? I just did a tandemkross trigger on one and it is great. Installation tested my patience…

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Went to the 1500 today and ended up buying
    Elk bone grips for a Colt Defender I have
    Another First Aid kit for the other vehicle.
    Tactical Carry Belt that seems like a good quality belt.
    And last but not least a $6.00 Arnold Palmer that was terrible!

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    I finally got my new safe setup. After putting all my ammo in it, there is no room left for any guns. While putting all the ammo in one place, I took the opportunity to organize and count my supply. I have 6130 rounds of various calibers. Anyone think that is excessive?
    I think you are 3870 short of a good starting point. 10k plus is where you need to be so if something stupid happens. That way you won't have to say I wish I would have gotten more.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    With this economy, it's about the only caliber that anyone can afford
    I'm 67 and still working full time. So, I buy what ever I feel I need. Working 'til I die; may as well enjoy my time off. Please don't tell my wife I bought 4 guns already this year and have ~$3,000 worth of ammo in the safe. It will only make her buy more shoes!

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    I think you are 3870 short of a good starting point. 10k plus is where you need to be so if something stupid happens. That way you won't have to say I wish I would have gotten more.
    I completely get this. I’m at 3k in each of my main calibers and think that’s no where near enough

Codyf44

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Plainfield
    What trigger did you go with? I just did a tandemkross trigger on one and it is great. Installation tested my patience…
    Sorry man missed this. I did basically everything Volquartsen. I felt like the tandemkross stuff is kinda a little more Chinese looking. All the research I did said the VQ trigger kit was slightly better. So I did the Volquartsen accurizing kit but kept the standard trigger for now because I want to keep the gold to match gold upper. I may buy the trigger separate used off Reddit GAFS because I’m not spending $60 for a trigger lol. I could prolly get a hole drilled/tapped from a buddy for travel. and save a little coin. I did opt for the Tamdemkross Hive grip and mag bottoms however. But VQ for the comp bolt, trigger, mag release, bolt release, mag springs, mag buttons. Just bought a pre owned 507c waiting for the mount plates to come back in stock.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    More 32-20 brass!

I'm going to make up some Robert Johnson level loads for the Winchester 1892 and modern Uberti SAA.

rj32.jpg

Top Bottom