• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    No they are the soft cases…… I’ll make tags to go on the loop of the case saying what firearms etc…..
    Probably already know this but a lot of those soft cases will hold moisture. Not sure how to rectify just wanted to say it in case you didn’t know. I saw a guy whole collection have surface rust and some worse because of keeping them in soft cases

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Probably already know this but a lot of those soft cases will hold moisture. Not sure how to rectify just wanted to say it in case you didn’t know. I saw a guy whole collection have surface rust and some worse because of keeping them in soft cases
    I keep many handguns and rifles in thin padded cases and have for decades without a problem. And I will add with doing that.
    I have always kept a big Goldenrod in each safe, I will say that with the ambient temp of summer the safes are pushing the middle 70's - 80's and are under 40% humidity. And that's in a non HVAC building.

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Grabbed 10 more scorpion mags, 5000 rounds of 115gr 9mm fmj, and 3500 rounds of 62gr green tip.

Need to eventually breakdown and order the trigger for the scorpion

Last edited:

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    "I just spent $2800 on ammo and mags. Need to eventually buy a $200 trigger." -- You
    :coffee:
    I mean you ain’t wrong. Just always forget to add it to my cart. Just slips the mind from time to time when you just reorder stuff for stock purposes.

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    Been having so much fun with my Heritage Mares leg and loving the lever action. Just ordered a Rossi R95 carbine in .30-30. Hope RK can turn it around quick.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I ordered a Grit Grips frame with OEM components for the Glock 19. All the reviews for this frame are very positive. After I bought an SCT19 frame and hated it and sold it a week later, I am hoping this one lives up to the hype.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We were talking a few months ago over loading some of the .224 Sierra 77 grain MK seconds.
    I loaded 500 of them and shot a few groups out of an old Remington PSS that has a 1-12" twist if I recall.
    I put one of those Venom 5-25 34mm with Mil-Rad, Vortexs that I recently bought and this was the average group on a lead sled.
    The lower shot was the first round out with the just mounted and bore sited rifle.
    Four quick clicks and the group was shot.
    about an 1" at 100 yds.
    1000000640.jpg
    The pistol is my sons last purchase, that CZ out of the custom shop.
    30 plus rounds one handed and this is my results at 25 ft 124 gr ball reloads.
    I will spend more time with it before he comes home.
    1000000638.jpg

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Felt frisky lately.
    Ordered:
    porq chop and got stamp in 3 days
    jumbo shrimp submitted 6/27
    Rugged Alaskan waiting to certify and submit