• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Yes that is a Rayovac penlight and no it doesn't work half the time but i have a Streamlight Stylus Pro on the way!

100_2470-1.jpg

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    On my person, Bond Arms in .45 colt, 2 spare rounds, and a John Deere made in China pocket knife. Now in my vehicles, that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I recently switched things around and added some items.
    Always:
    S&W 442 Airweight
    HKS speedloader
    Spyderco Tenacious
    Gerber Ripstop 1 plain edge
    rod sharpener
    Sometimes:
    SOG Seal pup
    Kershaw Barrage

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Been rocking this for few weeks now. The ballistics are good, shoots straight, and is pretty light. Sometimes you just need a long gun. I have been looking at Youtube videos and plan on painting it Coyote (the new black) and crazy gluing some MOLLE on it for spare ammo pouches. I put a light on it but it makes it front heavy and I hate that. Because it is so light over all I think I will just go with an offhand light.
    95B36C5219B9F36910336B106BECC21F.jpg

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    What is a must have for carry other than your firearm?

Apologies if a similar post exists but i just wanted to pose the question What do you think is one of the most important "tools" to carry daily other than a firearm? I am also excluding personal items like wallet, money, chapstick, etc. I mean along the lines of tools. and when i say tools i mean anything from lighters, to multi tool, knives, survival type stuff or anything you think you could use in any type of situation. its a pretty broad question so free reign for all.

maybe an easier way to think about it is what would you never leave your home without? besides the obvious stuff mentioned above of course. and it doesnt have to be about personal defense unless those are the only important items you carry.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    is tha for possible firearm back up or from a "never know when you might need to cut something" aspect? either way doesnt matter just curious.

I use it all the time for stuff. Never used it for defense but I'm trained to do so. Although the training used a bigger knife! :D

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I feel naked without my gerber pocket knife, I look at it as "never know when im going to have to cut something/pry/etc,etc" but hey ya never know if you will have to use it for self defense, which is nice knowing its always in my pocket. I feel like I usually find a use for it everyday. I also always have a multipurpose tool and an LED flashlight in the car......plus tow straps, jumpercables, a towel, you know the reg stuff.

P.S...like how you mentioned chapstick....definitely a must !!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Apologies if a similar post exists but i just wanted to pose the question What do you think is one of the most important "tools" to carry daily other than a firearm? I am also excluding personal items like wallet, money, chapstick, etc. I mean along the lines of tools. and when i say tools i mean anything from lighters, to multi tool, knives, survival type stuff or anything you think you could use in any type of situation. its a pretty broad question so free reign for all.

maybe an easier way to think about it is what would you never leave your home without? besides the obvious stuff mentioned above of course. and it doesnt have to be about personal defense unless those are the only important items you carry.

Must haves:
    My Firearm
    My License to Carry a Handgun
    A Holster for my Firearm
    A Sturdy Belt to hold my Holster.
    Two Kershaw folders.
    1 Fenix PD30 light (or Surefire G2 depending on the pants)
    My Cell Phone.
    And usually at least one ham radio. Either a Hand Held Tranceiver, or a mobile in the car. (always have the mobile, usually have the HT)

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I feel naked without my gerber pocket knife, I look at it as "never know when im going to have to cut something/pry/etc,etc" but hey ya never know if you will have to use it for self defense, which is nice knowing its always in my pocket. I feel like I usually find a use for it everyday. I also always have a multipurpose tool and an LED flashlight in the car......plus tow straps, jumpercables, a towel, you know the reg stuff.

so glad you said that. thats the kind of "tools" im talking about. :yesway: :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    flashlight(s)
    spare mag(s)
    2nd gun
    spare mag(s) for 2nd gun if not the same as other gun
    knife
    mobile phone

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    On me ,

A .45 , a Gerber folder , at least two dollars in quarters .

In the car ,

hammer , utility knife & blades , "camp knife" , flash light , wire strippers / cutters , pry bar , cold chisel , automotive ratchets / sockets , jumper cables , 100' 550 cord , ball bat (less than lethal , ya know) :):, spare mag , tire , two lighters , well stocked med kit ( thanks to a certain redneck), leather gloves ,Gerber multi-tool , boonie hat , few dollars spare change , water bottle and filter N-95 mask , magnesium fire block and depending on where I'm going , a trunk gun or fishing gear .

Last edited:

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I always have at least 2 knives, a photon microlight, handgun(s) and spare ammo.
    Depending on what I'm doing I may add more gear. Like a bigger light and whatever else I think might come in handy.
    Lots of stuff stashed in my truck. Medical kits, tools, camp chairs, spare clothing, spare handgun with holster and ammo, another knife and 2 more full size (maglights) flashlights.

Top Bottom