What else are you guys into? Any hobbies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I like to slap my fiances butt with random things everytime she bends over to pick something up.... I classify that a hobby.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Jeeps (off roading), fishing, boating, hunting (not very good at it), history, aviation, Indycar racing, video games, good cigars, gadgets, cars, travel, music (not a musician), and probably more. My wife probably gets sick of my ADHD when it comes to interests.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Always been a car guy. a few years back I came across some of my childhood toys cars...

Decided to goo all out recreating my childhood collection of Hotwheels and Matchbox cars. Some 40/50 years old...

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    1. Fly fishing, fly tying.
    2. Ham radio
    3. Furniture making
    4. Beer brewing.

So many hobbies I can't get to them all. I just sit in my homemade Morris chair and drink a craft beer I made. Or tie up a mess of flies while drinking two or three fingers of White Label Scotch.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Camping.

I also do IT related stuff for a living... so outside of my work hours I manage a couple sites that are relevant to the industry I work in that are quite popular. When not bogged down with work, or managing these sites I do a bit of shoddy programming/coding for my own projects. Though because I hate staring at monitors all day, I like to get outside. This year I'm going to have a nice little garden in the backyard, plan on growing some peppers, tomatoes and a little bit of corn mostly. Probably an 8X12FT garden. Blueberries would be nice, too.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Other then guns ? I play battlefield 4 on line . I have been oil painting on canvas since high school ,use to deer hunt with bow and arrow . Love doing wood working projects.And my fav. hobbie ***being a pain in the a_ _ to my wife .

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Probably too much at any given time, but this stuff for now: currently renovating a foreclosure as my first home, fishing (which I really suck at), hunting (duck hunting mostly but also bow hunting for deer), reading (fiction, bio's, military history, true crime), and I'm starting competitive shooting (USPSA & INMG) this year. Also would like to get into hiking/backpacking, snowmobiles, and probably reloading to facilitate my shooting. All on top of working 60ish hours a week.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, here's one i haven't see posted yet:

I collect vintage radio programs in MP3. I have every Dragnet ever made and thousands of hours of other shows including, but not limited to: The Jack Benny Program, Abbott and Costello, Fibber McGee and Molly, The Great Gildersleeve, The Shadow, Suspense, and many, many more. I am building an MP3 dock using a 1938 Philco radio case to listen to them on. Previously, I have electronically and cosmetically restored a Philco model 60 (1936).

trans.gif

I also love all things mechanical I like taking something like the top pic and ending up with the bottom

picture.php

picture.php

Sometimes I like to build things nearly from scratch:

picture.php

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I am into weightlifting, guitar playing/collecting, and woodworking... in process of building acoustic guitar from scratch. Guitars are my number one passion, the only thing I ever trade guns for is better guitars. Other then that I collect and get my spouse angry at me for the accumulating mass of guitars and guns.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Other than guns, I do a bit of gaming (primarily Civ V) and I do IT stuff on the side. I've got two custom built PC's, including one that acts as a media server for my AppleTV and a backup server for the rest of the house. I've also run my own network cable throughout the house. We do try and go camping fairly often, and we're planning on hitting the Cape Lookout National Seashore for a trip this year. I also have my newest hobby arriving this weekend:

I pick these two up from my brother in Cleveland this weekend. Predominantly Azores Cattle Dog with some American Bulldog mix. Smart as a whip and guaranteed to get big. Hopefully with some time and effort, they'll become trusted partners for trips into the woods, and maybe even on some hunting trips. The male my brother has (not the father of these two) is already good at treeing racoons.

Top Bottom