• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Explain to me how wearing bdu's is a unique identifier of your militia? Wouldn't a shirt or hat or something, with mabey a name on it be better?
    Forgive me if a bunch of guy's wearing bdu's with holes in them that don't cover their beer bellies and carrying deer rifles doesn't inspire confidence.

I seem to recall a rather large group of men in an area called Valley Forge with nothing more than threadbare clothes with holes and deer rifles making quite the impact on U.S. history. Is there perchance any British in your ancestry?

Also what enemy are you defending against? And why is a militia needed to defend against them? As has been stated many times, indiana has ALOT of trained, well funded pro's standing at the ready. And like or not, image is a big part of the game.

How the hell do I know what enemy will be attacking us in the future? If you have to ask about the need for a militia, you're a poorer student of history than I originally thought. Image is only a issue for you and the other arrogant bastards who think that a promise to Uncle Sam somehow elevates you above your neighbors.

I have no problem with banding together IF we are invaded.

So there's no acceptable reason for men who love their country to do so prior to that? No logical reason to be trained and ready before the threat becomes a reality? No justifiable excuse to create an orderly chain of command already peopled?

Hell, why do we need a standing army then? Let's just have one called up when it's time to go to battle? Do you have a problem with that?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ok, well some people don't do research. If you had bothered to do your homework, you would know I am more than willing to defend myself and others. Go here to be educated. The principle is much the same. I'm not saying to go as far as uniform inspections, but a professial dress code would be enough. If such a SHTF situation can up, and someone who either looks homeless or out of zz top video comes up to me, armed to the teeth, and says he's here to help, I'm just tell him no thanks, I'm fine.

But that dress code can't include BDUs because that would offend your girlish sensibilities of fashion, wouldn't it?

Of course, lack of homework is the real problem here. Again I ask how do you plan on defending people who don't trust you? Image goes a long way, and if you can afford military surplus, which can get pricy, you can affond a pair of slacks and a polo. Which, BTW, is the causal dress of both the police force and fire department.
    Yep, and you'd better get crackin'.

What is the point of the bdu's, exactly?
    Because that's what they want to wear! Why does that bother you so ****ing much? Honestly. What is your opposition to them, exactly?

By saying P.R. is not important, your showing how ignorant of the job you want to perform you are. Just cause someone shows up at my door and says here to help, doesn't convince me of anything. Nor would it convince anyone who has something to protect. You want to help me, than go the extra mile and LOOK like someone I would want to help me. Shave, look professial, and have some credentials to back yourself up. If your not trained well, your just adding to the problem.

The only ignorance being shown is the assumption that in times when a true civilian militia might be necessary, you think the way someone dresses translates into their usefulness. There's no more a guarantee that the man who shows up dressed in pressed pants and a button down is somehow a superior option over the man in tattered, stained jeans (or BDUs!)and a sweatshirt while sportin' a 2-day beard. In fact, my husband fits the latter quite frequently by the time Sunday rolls around. You have no idea what kind of man he is, but you'd be willingly to send him packing because he didn't meet your standards of physical appearance? Holy God, the only adjectives I can think of would net me a vacation.

You make it sound like you would be the automatic leader of some organized group and in a position to make those decisions. Is that your assumption?

If would like, I can go a meeting of your militia, and you try and prove me wrong. I will be polite and friendly, and as always open minded.
    Right. Somehow I don't believe any of that.

hey I respect a person who doesnt back down when they believe in something. I think your getting a little more crap thrown at you because you are new here. dont take it to heart. things can get heated in the political sections, if all in good debate though. Im glad to have your opinion just as much as anyone elses. :patriot:

Bull****, Ranger. He's getting crap because his position is illogical and arrogant and based on his own inflated opinion of himself. He's displayed an apparent lack of understanding of what a true militia really is, how and when it would operate, and under what terms it is governed. His estimation of a militia includes only those examples that support his errant viewpoint.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Bull****, Ranger. He's getting crap because his position is illogical and arrogant and based on his own inflated opinion of himself. He's displayed an apparent lack of understanding of what a true militia really is, how and when it would operate, and under what terms it is governed. His estimation of a militia includes only those examples that support his errant viewpoint.

Even so...should someone choose to argue in ignorance and arrogance, it's best to ignore them. When someone has no idea what they're talking about, the conversation is doomed from the start. :twocents:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Alright, round 2.
    If your goal is not to defend the people, then you are not a militia, you a cabal, and need to be shunned. A militia exist's to defend the defenceless, not hole up in a bunker.

Defend 'The People.' Not individuals.

You know full well the ONLY purpose of The Militia, and you also know FULL well that nobody here has said it, or will say it, because it will accomplish YOUR goal of having an out of context quote you can take to your cohorts to show how "radical" the whole idea is.

So, just go write in your report that nobody gave you any names or locations of militia units. Nobody invited you to go see one. Nobody bragged about owning illegal weapons. If you stay around long enough, you may possibly be lucky enough to find someone who doesn't know your tactics and will allow themselves to be goaded into saying something stupid. It won't be me.

I used to run a BBS, and had one of you guys use these same tactics for over a year. He was a real pain in the butt, but his feigned stupidity was entertaining. (He worked for Treasury. Who do YOU work for?).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I posted this earlier but it is gone now. If the mods deleted it, I apologize for reposting it.

I remember a member of an Indiana militia that joined here awhile back. He mentioned that they would just take whatever they wanted or needed from the Hoosier citizenry during a SHTF. I don't remember that going over very big with most of us.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Yes, but....oh, you're right.:D

Closing this thread for myself.

Yeah, same here. It's obvious (to me at least) that he is REALLY trying to get people to mention "that which isn't mentioned" here, and also tell him how and where units are, and actually TAKE HIM TO ONE.

With his sense of importance about fashion, fundraising, and 501(c)(3), it is my guess he's Treasury, but who knows. Maybe he's part of that new Federal initiative that Hogsett put together and announced yesterday.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I posted this earlier but it is gone now. If the mods deleted it, I apologize for reposting it.

I remember a member of an Indiana militia that joined here awhile back. He mentioned that they would just take whatever they wanted or needed from the Hoosier citizenry during a SHTF. I don't remember that going over very big with most of us.

I do remember that guy. He seemed to think that the militia was some superior entity. I don't remember the name of his group. I think he got pretty well run out of here.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    i don't a flying **** what you guy's do. I don't work for any goverment group or what ever you circle-jerking ******* think i'm trying to do. I thought a post about militia would be nice, but you ******* ruined it. do whatever the **** you want to do, i'm done with this thread. You guy's make zero sense in everything you are saying. but then, crazy-eyed, pot-bellied, goverment issue bdu wearing morons such as yourselves can't have a logically agument to save your lives. go back to fighting the lizard men or whatever you do. If this forum is full of nothing but militia meat-heads, I want no part of it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    i don't a flying **** what you guy's do. I don't work for any goverment group or what ever you circle-jerking ******* think i'm trying to do. I thought a post about militia would be nice, but you ******* ruined it. do whatever the **** you want to do, i'm done with this thread. You guy's make zero sense in everything you are saying. but then, crazy-eyed, pot-bellied, goverment issue bdu wearing morons such as yourselves can't have a logically agument to save your lives. go back to fighting the lizard men or whatever you do. If this forum is full of nothing but militia meat-heads, I want no part of it.

Lizard men?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

and We Now have a New Winner & Champion of the Lizard Men :popcorn:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    jim_morrison_doors1.jpg

I am the Lizard King, I can do anything.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

holy cow!

Top Bottom