What do you make of the INGO reputation system?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The rep system means little to me. It's just a simple way to say "that a boy." I believe it's used mostly as a click system and some only rep those who are in with them. I've repped people for good posts and they repped me back, saying "thanks," but that wasn't the reason I gave them rep; it wasn't for reciprocation.

I will rep someone for something that I'm totally against, but because their post made me think outside of my box, I want to let them know I appreciate the time they put into making this place better. I also rep those who are brave enough to post things outside the norm of the site, but doing so in a non-confrontational way.

I've seen new guys get three red bars after their first few posts. Why? Because they said something that others don't agree with? Who cares though? It's not like the system means anything or even gets us a rebate card with some of the advertisers.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Plus it still is used for good, when people actually make quality informative posts.

I don't think this needs micro managed, my :twocents:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!!
    I belong to several other forums and the camaraderie generated by the Rep System makes this the most enjoyable forum to visit.

These. ^^^ Yeah some do abuse it a bit, but they are just having fun and it helps them enjoy their time on here. I will admit I do it from time to time. But I also still give out rep when I see a real good post or when someone does something they deserve a thanks for. I don't think it needs changed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Did this have anything to do with the start of this thread?

I started that other thread as a way for INGOers to give and get some comic relief. It has nothing to do with the rep system.

If someone is crying over the rep systems, they need a reality check...

Don't jump to conclusions so quickly. No one has been crying about reps. Apparently Fenway was curious how INGOers felt about the rep system, so he asked them. No ulterior motives. Every time someone cries we don't revamp the site. You should know this. :D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    what am i gonna have to do make like a phoenix and start over from the ashes of this burnt down forum?
    Ashes of a forum huh? Then why hang around:dunno:
    Dang!!! What did you do to get those???
    Well, he has been posting one-liners for the better part of a week now in order to skirt the rules about getting into the classifieds....and I keep yankin' the post count down to where it should be....:):

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I started that other thread as a way for INGOers to give and get some comic relief. It has nothing to do with the rep system.

Don't jump to conclusions so quickly. No one has been crying about reps. Apparently Fenway was curious how INGOers felt about the rep system, so he asked them. No ulterior motives. Every time someone cries we don't revamp the site. You should know this. :D

That's why I said IF :D

Just like in programming language. It is there just in case, but doesn't hurt anything if the condition isn't met. ;)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Ashes of a forum huh? Then why hang around:dunno:

Well, he has been posting one-liners for the better part of a week now in order to skirt the rules about getting into the classifieds....and I keep yankin' the post count down to where it should be....:):

And let me guess...you have those "wanna be mods" helping by lashing the perps down with some neg rep.:):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you give 2 bunnies and unicorns about being neg repped...

You might be an INGOer.

Did this have anything to do with the start of this thread? Apparently, I am one of those guys who takes every chance I can to complain about this site, yet logs on every chance I get. Some of the mods could use a break.

Just saying......

Well, obviously the rules only apply to some people and not to others. Guess the staff should know that, right?

Just saying......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom