• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Get a friend to dog sit or get a doggie door. I was a little concerned about the security of the doggie door...until I got one of these to go in and out of it.

snarl-1.jpg

Now I almost feel sorry for the dumb SOB that even tries. ;)

I like dogs with crooked teeth...they make bigger holes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I hire someone to come as a pet sitter/housesitter. One of my animals has to be medicated daily, so I have to bring in someone that is reliable. I'm lucky to have two pet sitters that I trust and one is always available to take care of my pets.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My friend was gone overnight once and left the dog in the garage. The dog chewed its way through the garage door. I didn't even know dogs could do that. I'm not talking about the inner door to the house, I'm talking about the steel rolling door. Put a hole in it two feet across.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So my wife and I are thinking about going to South Haven, Michigan on Saturday to see some friends. Be back Sunday sometime. We're not sure what to do about our dog, Barney. He's a year and a half now, and we can finally trust him to be loose in the house while we're at work now. But for a day and a half, I dunno yet. I can get a friend to stop by a couple times Saturday to let him out, and check food and water. But it got me thinking, what do you guys normally do? You can't take your dog on vacation with you, so what do you do?

I'd feed him before I left and leave him at home.

You already screwed up letting the dog live in the house. Dogs belong outside, then you wouldn't have this problem.

People taking dogs to kennels or around other dogs, be sure you get the kennel cough vaccine at least a couple weeks prior. Most times it's not a big deal but when it is, it's a real PITA. The vaccine is cheap. The treatment is expensive.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

You already screwed up letting the dog live in the house. Dogs belong outside, then you wouldn't have this problem.

People taking dogs to kennels or around other dogs, be sure you get the kennel cough vaccine at least a couple weeks prior. Most times it's not a big deal but when it is, it's a real PITA. The vaccine is cheap. The treatment is expensive.

I gotta disagree with you on this one. There's no way I screwed up. How can you have a dog living outside? It's obvious you've never experienced the joy of having your furry friend live in the house with you. It's one of the best feelings in the world. And I deeply feel sorry for you. This is in no way an insult toward you. For I do enjoy reading a lot of your thoughts in previous posts. But in this one, I do feel sorry for you.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Mine doesn't. He's family and I don't make family sleep outside, although I'd like to sometimes...Kara, not my dog.:):

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I gotta disagree with you on this one. There's no way I screwed up. How can you have a dog living outside? It's obvious you've never experienced the joy of having your furry friend live in the house with you. It's one of the best feelings in the world. And I deeply feel sorry for you. This is in no way an insult toward you. For I do enjoy reading a lot of your thoughts in previous posts. But in this one, I do feel sorry for you.

I will, reluctantly, agree with Jack Ryan of this point, with this caveat: Some dogs do belong outside, just as some dogs belong indoors.

I don't, and neither should you, feel sorry for him. He demonstrates by his posts that he fully understands the consequences of his actions, and chooses the path that is most beneficial to himself only. This, despite the magnitude of harm to others.

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I pay the neighbor kid $50 a week to let my dogs out every day while I am gone.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I will, reluctantly, agree with Jack Ryan of this point, with this caveat: Some dogs to belong outside, just as some dogs belong indoors.

Agreed. As long as your dog is properly taken care of, it is your choice to keep it inside or out.

MY dogs belong inside though. I'd never own a dog that if I didn't feel he was worthy of staying inside. I've said it once and I'll say it again...I consider my dogs family and family doesn't sleep outside.

I don't, and neither should you, feel sorry for him. He demonstrates by his posts that he fully understands the consequences of his actions, and chooses the path that is most beneficial to himself only. This, despite the magnitude of harm to others.

Yep, no reason to feel sorry for him, he likes his dogs outside and there's nothing wrong with that.

I pay the neighbor kid $50 a week to let my dogs out every day while I am gone.

Wow, where were you when I was a kid???

For $50 a week, your dogs would have gotten walks and baths too.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    1. How can you have a dog living outside?

2.It's obvious you've never experienced the joy of having your furry friend live in the house with you.

Thanks for the concern but it's not neccessary.

1 It's easy. "Get out, stay out."

2 Yes I have.

3. Never again. No dogs inside, not inside the house, not inside any vehicle, not ON any thing I'm going to sit on. Not for a minute, day, week, not ever. Dogs are animals, I'm not. Dogs live outside, I live inside.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'd never own a dog that if I didn't feel he was worthy of staying inside. I've said it once and I'll say it again...I consider my dogs family and family doesn't sleep outside.

You OWN your family?

If I had family covered with fur who had fleas, couldn't feed their self, and laid around licking their own butt all day, they would be outside too.

Top Bottom