• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I always dress in layers so I can take my coat off and still have a long shirt over the holster. If that isn't enough I just sit at the table eat my dinner and mind my own business. I've never been challenged

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Just had a thought; "Some Guys" in Carmel has a bench all the way across the wall, with a view of the door, so there are options.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Okay. So you are a concealed carrier and you'll never carry "open" because you're: 1) Not an open carrier "exhibitionist;" 2) Know that OCers get shot first in public places; 3) Your wife doesn't approve; 4) etc, etc, etc ad nausium. So what do you do in the Winter when you go into a restaurant or other public place where it's just too warm to keep your jacket on? Do you wear IWB, have a sweat shirt or sweater under your coat that hides your piece? Leave it in the car? Give it to your wife to put in her purse? What do you do?
    I make sure I have the proper clothing on to conceal my weapon, no matter if I have a coat on or not.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Before I leave the house, I practice in front of a mirror--standing, sitting, getting up and down, etc. etc--ad nausium and if any part of my sidearm is exposed--I cover it with duct tape. Don't wanna be conspicuous doncha know. God forbid that I might be considered one of those OC types. It's just not safe!!!

wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm with Rugertoter. I just dress to CC when I do. I usually layer when it's colder, but I make sure I've got access if needed.

I usually carry a Glock 19 IWB or OWB. I also have mouse gun -LCP in a pocket holster as needed.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I CC but do not really care if I am printing or not. If somebody catch's sight of the end of my barrel or see's the outline printing I not care less. Not real sure what the big deal is. Wear what you wear and eat where you want. If somebody see's and you get kicked out just try to make sure you are full first.:D

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I ate out last night. I sat in a booth on the isle so my gun was facing out - CCing of course. That way I was ready for action but because I was CCing there was absolutely no chance of a 5 y.o. girl taking my gun.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The point of the question of the thread was that some have stated there is no way they would OC so I didn't know to what extent someone really against it would go to avoid anyone else knowing they are carrying. So far it appears that some CCers don't care if they print and other that are concerned dress in layers to be CCing even with their outer wrap off. I feel more comfortable concealing but I almost always wear a belt or Black Hawk Serpa holster so after I take my jacket off if I go to the restroom or to refresh a drink in an eatery I just do it with it fully exposed.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Yea, I hear ya. I am just screwing around. That's what I do..

I CC myself just becuse that my chosen method. But I certainly don't go to great pains to keep from printed or the unintention showing of the gun.

For me, it's like butt crack. I try not to let it show but occasionaly it just happens.:rolleyes:

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    The good folks at Maggiano's at Keystone had no idea a stylish gentleman was carrying a full size HK45 with TLR1s and a spare mag under his blue dinner jacket last Friday evening. I even think the waiter was hitting on me....my wife didn't think he was my type.

On a side note, Maggiano's has a 16oz prime that they will cover in potatoes and spicy sausage. This also includes an additional side of potatoes. It was outstanding.:yesway:

Wife: "Whats on your steak?"
    Me: "Two links of sausage and about 2 potatoes."
    Wife dismissing me: "Why did I have kids with you......"

scott08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    J-frame, IWB Blackhawkl leather, 5-6 oclock, no one notices and its comfy to sit against for hours. Just have to find the right holster.

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana

I only CC and this is my preferred way while at work (LEO). SPEC GEAR ........ There is no weight on my belt pulling on my pants plus I like the idea of having my gun, cuffs, light, knife, and magazine with me on my body .... again without pulling my pants down. lol I wear a baseball jersey or a button up dress shirt not tucked in with my jeans. Very comfortable and no one knows I'm CC. Over the holidays while shopping, I wore my truss system to insure I'd have everything I need in case something would happen. This truss system can be used by "anyone" not just Law Enforcement. Instead of handcuffs placed in the front pouch, civilians could put a cell phone, money or just leave it empty.

This is my other CC perferred option. Comp tac works for me. They have quality products and stand behind there holsters. HOLD ON ... thats not a Glock but it is the right holster!

Top Bottom