• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I do not notice any shifting in the platform and its just my personal preference. I didn't like having my holster, extra mag, light and cuffs on my dress belt with jeans. Too much for my waist and pulled my pants down a bit. I also didn't like trying to cover up my gun which was sticking out on my belt which was too bulky. Although I could cover my gun and holster, it would still stick out and in the world of undercover narcotics ... not smart! The Spec Gear Truss allows me to carry everything I would need and no one knows. It would help if you don't have a large belly and I don't. I wear my shirt out and it's not a problem getting to my gun or any of the additional items in my truss. For me, this is the most comfortable way to carry my gun, in fact, it would be more comfortable than OC because you keep it tucked close to your body. Again ... it's just subjective. Might not be for everyone but it sure works for me. I normally carry a Glock 36 45cal but over the weekend I changed for a Glock 35 40cal. I have used my Glock 26 9mm in the truss and can hardly tell it's on me however I prefer a larger bullet.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I CC and I do it all year around, CC does not require a jacket. I choose my gun/holster/wardrobe according to season and what I am doing. Here are a couple of pics I took a while back for a thread, I commonly wear jeans and a T-shirt and never have an issue.
    This is a very comfortable holster for me and does not bother me while driving, riding, crawling under the truck whatever..... If I do want to carry something bigger I just do like you said and wear a sweater or something. Can't put it in my girlfreinds purse, since it is stuffed with this. In the winter I actually go smaller and tend to carry my MK9 in my carhart pocket.....
    (Yes, I like to post pics with replys :D)
    2wf1f8p.jpg

kbdro7.jpg

fkuumf.jpg

xlwaoo.jpg

1zywo4m.jpg

20p7ynl.jpg

9jpyzc.jpg

Last edited:

Piston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Buy a high-quality IWB (like a Crossbreed Supertuck) holster and be confident in knowing that you have you sidearm at YOUR side whenever the need, hopefully, never arises.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I do like 00Blaster

I wear a baggy T-shirt and flannel shirt over the top. If it is real cold I will hear a coat but the shirts stay on. The T-shirt keeps the pistol off my skin while sitting but standing I cover with both shirts.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Spec Gear Truss allows me to carry everything I would need and no one knows. It would help if you don't have a large belly and I don't. I wear my shirt out and it's not a problem getting to my gun or any of the additional items in my truss. For me, this is the most comfortable way to carry my gun, in fact, it would be more comfortable than OC because you keep it tucked close to your body.

You had my interest peaked until you mentioned the belly. :): I do like the concept and have even thought about trying a belly band. Thanks for sharing.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    Concealed means concealed.

I start at step #1 and choose a gun that is actually made to be carried concealed. My Walther PPS conceals first time, every time, even under a form-fitting small t-shirt. I'm a fairly small individual at ~ 5'6 120 lbs, but it disappears on me no matter what I wear in my Raven Concealment Phantom holster (IWB). If I sit with good posture it doesn't print at all, but when I slouch the butt will poke out a bit in a small t-shirt.

I also sit where it is least accessible and where I have the best view of my surroundings, but that should be independent of whether you think people may see it or not.

+1 for PPS IWB. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck year-round. If in a dress shirt with no jacket I opt for ankle carry. Definitely would not want to sacrifice a good view of the restaurant for a seat that conceals my pistol. I don't worry about printing. At 3 o'clock it could be a lot of things (phone, pocket knife, etc).

The good folks at Maggiano's at Keystone had no idea a stylish gentleman was carrying a full size HK45 with TLR1s and a spare mag under his blue dinner jacket last Friday evening. I even think the waiter was hitting on me....my wife didn't think he was my type.

On a side note, Maggiano's has a 16oz prime that they will cover in potatoes and spicy sausage. This also includes an additional side of potatoes. It was outstanding.:yesway:

Wife: "Whats on your steak?"
    Me: "Two links of sausage and about 2 potatoes."
    Wife dismissing me: "Why did I have kids with you......"

Best post I've read this week

I only CC and this is my preferred way while at work (LEO). SPEC GEAR ........ There is no weight on my belt pulling on my pants plus I like the idea of having my gun, cuffs, light, knife, and magazine with me on my body .... again without pulling my pants down. lol I wear a baseball jersey or a button up dress shirt not tucked in with my jeans. Very comfortable and no one knows I'm CC. Over the holidays while shopping, I wore my truss system to insure I'd have everything I need in case something would happen. This truss system can be used by "anyone" not just Law Enforcement. Instead of handcuffs placed in the front pouch, civilians could put a cell phone, money or just leave it empty.

That rig looks very nice, I may try to CC a 1911 again after all...

Text

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I don't do anything different whether I'm in a restaurant, the grocery store, drug store, Target, church, ect...
    I dress around the gun. IWB and just about every shirt I own will give adequate coverage to prevent printing.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I use an OWB Crossbreed for my Glock 30, and a sweat shirt or T shirt covers it nicely. If I bend over much the muzzle will peak a little but so far everything [everyone]has been cool.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I have a crossbreed supertuck and I have worn both sweaters and tucked shirts with it. Works great except that I need a longer shirt tail to tuck in so that it doesn't ride up and expose my gun. I carry an XD40 by the way.
    I always sit so that I can see the rest of the place and watch the door. My wife is cool with it. (in fact, she's been bugging me to help her get her LTCH so she can carry her snubby .38.)

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I just work my overly large winter coat down enough to free my arms and leave it "ruffled" around my gat. Or, that has been suggested earlier, to find a booth, and sit to the inside with your spouse or other friendly party on the other side to help hide it.

I really don't think it is a big deal.

Of course, in warmer climes, I utilize a 5.11 vest to hold and hide the goodies.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom