• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I walk in. Order. Slap my pistol on the table after I have received my food and dare anyone to disturb my feast... :) Just kidding.

Anyone who carries a firearm knows to be discreet. As mentioned above, I sit in the booth with my pistol side in and where I can see the exit. I wear layers so it is easier to conceal. Come summer time you have to make different choices.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I just sit there twitching, looking around a lot, and whenever I make eye contact with someone, I say in a loud voice, "What the F' are you lookin' at?"

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If I am IWB, then it does not matter, it is under an untucked tshirt, or under a tucked dress shirt/work shirt. I don't normally deliberately CC, I just carry. If it is winter, I might be OWB under,my jacket, in which case I just don't care. Jacket comes off, its not the end of the world. Most of the time no one notices or cares.

mpitcock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Lafayette
    Same as many have already said...booth with right side to the wall usually with a good view of the restaurant. +1 for situational awareness.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Concealed means concealed.

I start at step #1 and choose a gun that is actually made to be carried concealed. My Walther PPS conceals first time, every time, even under a form-fitting small t-shirt. I'm a fairly small individual at ~ 5'6 120 lbs, but it disappears on me no matter what I wear in my Raven Concealment Phantom holster (IWB). If I sit with good posture it doesn't print at all, but when I slouch the butt will poke out a bit in a small t-shirt.

I also sit where it is least accessible and where I have the best view of my surroundings, but that should be independent of whether you think people may see it or not.

If I had a larger duty-size gun I would probably OC or "sloppy" CC, as it has been called. I just don't feel like showing off my amazing 8 rounds of 9mm firepower (+ spare of course) to anyone who may be looking.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Just thought of something, if we ever have a meet and eat. It better be in a wide restaurants with bench seating all at the back so we can all see the door

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ankle Holster.... 1) I don't want to have my gun on my waist where it is eye level for 5 year girls to easily see. 2) It is easy to grab when the bad guy comes in and finds me hiding under the table.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Just thought of something, if we ever have a meet and eat. It better be in a wide restaurants with bench seating all at the back so we can all see the door
    LMAO! Think it'll look strange with 50 guys each sitting at a table by himself with his carry side against the wall.

To all who just try to sit against the wall; don't you ever have to go refill your drink, get an extra napkin or go to the potty? You don't put your coat back on do you? Or do you walk hunched over to the firearm side, covering it with your elbow with the drink in the other hand acting like you have an infirmity or birth defect?

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    I was thinking more or "the last supper" style
    As for the rest: that's what servers are for, I'm not messy, I don't have the blatter of a 5 year old lol
    Also I OC or sloppy CC
    Worst they can do is ask me toleave then I don't tip

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I was thinking more or "the last supper" style
    As for the rest: that's what servers are for, I'm not messy, I don't have the blatter of a 5 year old lol
    Also I OC or sloppy CC
    Worst they can do is ask me toleave then I don't tip
    We have different ideas of "fine dining establishments." Mine have the McPlayground attached so everything is self-service.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    We have different ideas of "fine dining establishments." Mine have the McPlayground attached so everything is self-service.

Oh no we agree on the definition of fine dining. I just pick the weakest of the pack of workers and they are my server for the duration of my patronage

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Always have to watch those 5yo girls, even if CCing; they're getting wily. Good thing I use the wrong hand; that still confuses them. I don't dress much differently summer to winter, just add a coat, so my EDC hides just fine. And it's not one of those miniature europellet thingies; JMB(PBUH) would be proud.

Top Bottom