• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Last minute gift for the wife, got her a laptop which she is using currently and didn't like the thought of her not having anything to open on Christmas. Paper towels, we were down to only 3 rolls .. hey got these at a fair price.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    not a panic buy just my monthly trip to refill my prescription for Ineedanotheroneitis from my FFL - gunbroker is addicting.......... so whatever I picked up was purely calculated I'm sure several weeks ago :) oh I did grab an extra box of 380 for only $9

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    2 spam cans 7.62x54 at Dunham's $99 each
    1 50 rd box FMJ .223 ammo $ (don't ask..)

Counter man said sold out of AR's probably until after Christmas-go figure:)

Flaydogg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Jul 20, 2010
    Warren
    Ordered a Glock brand 22 round mag from Rockwellarms.com last night for $39.95. I called them today after work to see if it was really in stock. They told me that they cant be for sure and to wait for the shipping conformation email.... So I guess we will see....

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Not panic buying anything, but I may take my Yugo underfolder to the gun show in a couple weeks and see what the idiots there are panic buying. If I can make some money from an idiot, I'll do it.

Then buy another one or two when the "panic" settles and prices go back down. :)

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I really want to panic buy something but I'm not interested in anything that will likely be banned. Tried my best to get into AKs and ARs but it just never stuck. Had an SGL-21 and a RRA AR but I don't really have a place to shoot 'em, no land or anything and the range I go to doesn't allow rapid fire so the evil, mean "assault weapon" bug never really bit me. And when I did take the AK to the range I always used the 10 round mags that came with them to pace myself with the ammo and it allowed me to comfortably shoot in a sitting position or with my janky, soviet bipod.

I sure wish I had some land where I could really enjoy those, I'd be buying 'em up like crazy now. One day if I ever do retire with lots of cash and can afford a big hunk of land, I figure I'll also have enough money to rejoin the dark side and get a really sweet AR build, evilness and all....probably for 10x the current price though. But even that isn't a definite. I have many many other hobbies that compete with this one for my time and money.

I almost panic bought a Keltec Sub 2000 but then I found out the barrel might be too thin to safely thread it so I passed on that. The suppressor bug bit me big time so that's kind of a prerequisite for me when buying a handgun or pistol caliber carbine.....can it be threaded or are threaded barrels readily available for the gun.

Since I've gotten into reloading I have a sneaking suspicion that a love of revolvers is in my future. I hope Feinstein doesn't watch Dirty Harry and conclude that a 44mag revolver is the most powerful handgun in the world, she'd probably want to ban that on the spot just as I begin to take an interest in 'em. I can hear it now, you can take a plane down with that thing!

I have "hi-caps" for my home defense gun and lots of 'em but I've had those for some time. All my other guns are either single stack 45s, CC 9mm that take 8 rounds or less or bolt guns. And since I started reloading, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna start loving revolvers too.

Last edited:

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    I bought 24 suet cakes at Tractor supply. That is what a family member said they wanted for Christmas.

I was nice enough to leave some for every one else to buy in case people go crazy and cant buy more firearms related stuff. :)

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I panic bought because the wife approved! WIN!

Hit wally world at 3:30 today to pickup a Marlin XT-17VR (.17HMR) and NICS was down. NICS was back up at 4:30 and my check went through. Walked out 10 minutes later with my new shiny...

Ammo / Gun Update:

Greenfield WalMart has zero ARs in stock. There was no .223 ammo to be found. I cleaned out the last 3 boxes of 100rnd Federal .40SW and the last single box of winchester .308 two nights ago and they have yet to restock. 9mm seemed to still be in stock, but the 100rnd ammo packs were in short supply.

Lots of .32, .380, 44mag, 22, 22mag, 17HMR, and the usual meager supply of 30-06, .270, and .204.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I bought 50 rounds of Hornaday 12 gauge buckshot.

Oh, and I did another panic buy and bought an extra years membership to the NRA and GOA.

Top Bottom