• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Man, people must be desperate to be cleaning out the inventory at GM with their ridiculously overinflated prices. Well, I guess if they haven't raised them then they're probably in line with what some others are selling stuff for.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Monday I picked up two new 33 round Glock 17 mags for my Sub2k and some .22 CB shorts and today I picked up some 9 rounds, oh yeah also got a new 8 round mag for my PF-9 today...you know those 8 rounders will be on the watch list, who REALLY needs 8 rounds in a handgun? Stop the madness!

But I avoided the desire to pick up a new gun that shoots expensive ammo at a high rate, I did eyeball a suppressor tho.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Nothing but I am thinking of panic selling my stash of ARs and FN toys for a huge profit and then waiting a few months and buy them back when prices fall pocketing the difference;)

Last edited:

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    Not true....there is a huge shift of parts/lowers/etc between distributors, shops, customers...you can catch some GREAT deals during this panic.

I don't think I would classify finding a great deal as a panic buy unless of course your panicked because you were afraid someone else would get the deal before you did. FWIW - I don't participate in those so called black Friday events either as it just isn't worth the crowds or hassle to me.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I panic bought some biscuits and gravy at Dairy Queen this morning. We had our company Christmas cookout today, and I didn't take any lunch. I got halfway to work and realized I was STARVING, so I stopped at DQ.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I don't think I would classify finding a great deal as a panic buy unless of course your panicked because you were afraid someone else would get the deal before you did. FWIW - I don't participate in those so called black Friday events either as it just isn't worth the crowds or hassle to me.

I found complete lower build kits, with Magpul STR stock, trigger guard, grip, lpk, buffer assembly, MOE handguard etc for $155.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I panic bought some biscuits and gravy at Dairy Queen this morning. We had our company Christmas cookout today, and I didn't take any lunch. I got halfway to work and realized I was STARVING, so I stopped at DQ.

Where is this dairy queen u speak of that sells biscuits and gravy

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, the only panic buy was 5 Pmags at more than I normally would have paid.

I also bought two rifle kits from Model1 just in case since I already had two stripped lowers sitting around that I had meant to build at some time, just not right now but those kits were normal price, a standard 20" for my AF etched lower and a lightweight CAR for my other lower. I suppose these were panic buys because who knows what will happen with Obama wanting Biden to report back by the first of January and the politicians spouting off about gun control. Model1 also sells AWB compliant kits, probably for California.

Then I just got the itch and bought an EOTECH XPS2-0 for use on a couple of guns I have since I was going into debt for the kits.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would have bought an AR or AK today . . . if I'd seen one for sale! Hah!

I did get:
    • small pistol primers ('cause we need them)
    • 50 rounds of some Brazillian 7.62x51 mm FMJ because I needed some .308 and it was the cheapest I could find.
    • A right handed Blade-Tech holster for a Glock 17
    • A used, left handed Galco IWB holster for a Glock 19 (for $19.99!)
    • 90 rounds of South African M1A 5.56x45 mm ammo ... overpriced, but it made me feel nostalgic for those good old days when you get a 2700 round sealed tub of the stuff for next to nothing and we all assumed 1) we'd never need that much ammo, and 2) it would always be available.
    I guess none of those are technically panic buys.

But I woulda if I'da coulda.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Generator, high cap mags, drop cords, water, extra dry goods, extra new sump pump,on the search for reloading supplies, somewhat regretting selling several military rifles but I made some good cash

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    - 300rds of .45acp
    - PTR-91 (with 1 mag)
    - (5) G3 mags
    - (2)ammo cans
    - 100rds 7.62x51
    - $150 worth of can/box goods

BTW
    Rhino: Wabash Valley Armory (Terre Haute)has 1 AK left its a side folder (looks nice) $650

Top Bottom