• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Sold them all...in a garage sale last week:( I'm thinkin about one of those sgl's and a Romanian psl

Insert purple here:D

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Pistol is for when I am out with the shotgun or bigger rifle. Having it for small game. Plus, kids can shoot with it as well.

both those Rugers are fine hunting handguns.

Yeah I guess but why are you out walking around in SHTF? If you aren't hunting or gathering I don't see a need for both a shotgun and a .22 for the same application. If the shotgun is for defense then use a sling with the .22 if you want to be more clandestine.

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    First off I am not bugging out, if I can help it. Retrograde ops are hard
    enough, add wife and toddler to it,oh brother. Therefore I am prepared
    to stand my ground against BG and help the good guys. Here is a question
    for the ones leaving, any thoughts on where your falling back to?
    In the event I need to move, I would go to either my brothers or my parents.
    Both are about same distance, one is west the other north. Both have lots of
    land and have,creeks & pond. So there's game and water.

Bullet pushers to take. Since I would be egressing from home rapidly,
    whatever my wife and I have on our hips and in our hands. BOB bags ready
    to support multi weapons.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not bugging out because my wife and I have a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old. They don't go anywhere a stroller can't go. If some earthquake rattled a chicago nuke plant and the radioactive cloud was heading our way, then we'd be loading up the minivan and leaving with some of our preps.

Apparently I'm either one of the few guys on the internet that can't haul three time his own body weight for 20 miles, or I've actually done some hiking around with full battle rattle. All this talk about a 1,000 rds of this, plus 500 of that or the even better this gun plus this gun plus this gun plus this gun and finally this other gun. Why not I can carry all those for day right?

If for whatever reason I had to beat feet by myself I'd grab my large alice pack that has an addition (6) 30rd AR mags in it. Flop on the same vest I used to have issued to me back in the day that holds 6 more 30rd mags. My colt 6920 has proven itself to be accurate out to 500 yards, so that'd be my main rifle with a 20rd mag in it for the walk. On the belt of the vest would be my glock 20SF 10mm with (2) 17rd mags, and (2) 15rd mags. That alone is a very heavy loadout so I don't think I'd bring anything else. If the wife is still around she'll be bringing the 10-22 with (6) 25rd mags and a ruger mark III (6) 10rd mags on her hip. We're trying very hard to move to the country because with my wife and little kids if we have to bug out we'd be easy pickings.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    We'd divide all these up among the family members:
    IMG_2200.jpg

All mags are interchangeable, except the Sub 2000. All the Sub mags will fit the Rugers, but all the Ruger mags will not fit the Sub without a slot filed. Not hard to do. Blah blah boating accident blah blah.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We are all some crazy gun-losing, accident-having, garage-selling So-and-sos ain't we?:bacondance:

Speak for yourself. I bought my guns as a free man, and I'll keep my guns as a free man. I carried one for my country and I can carry one for myself. No shame in owning guns or letting people know that you are a responsible owner of guns.

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    Teddy is right, a good number of people on here have never had to
    "Ruck Up!" Or "Saddle Up!" As we Cav. Troopers call it. Carrying full battle
    rattle is no easy thing. I to would load up the SUV and use it.
    I would suggest that those of you with BOBs who plan to move on
    take your gear out for a hike, be sure to take along any family
    that will be with you,wife,kids,etc. Let them carry what you plan
    for them to carry. Remember your only as strong as your weakest
    link. You may find you need to adjust your load plan.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yeah I guess but why are you out walking around in SHTF? If you aren't hunting or gathering I don't see a need for both a shotgun and a .22 for the same application. If the shotgun is for defense then use a sling with the .22 if you want to be more clandestine.

Hard to hunt geese and ducks with a .22LR.......and it sucks pulling the buckshot out of a rabbit.

.22's are the cheapest to shoot...and the easiest to find ammo for...which needs to be considered when SHTF......I'd save shotgun shells for bigger game or defense.

And more than likely, my 9mm would ALWAYS be on me. Period.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Teddy is right, a good number of people on here have never had to
    "Ruck Up!" Or "Saddle Up!" As we Cav. Troopers call it. Carrying full battle
    rattle is no easy thing. I to would load up the SUV and use it.
    I would suggest that those of you with BOBs who plan to move on
    take your gear out for a hike, be sure to take along any family
    that will be with you,wife,kids,etc. Let them carry what you plan
    for them to carry. Remember your only as strong as your weakest
    link. You may find you need to adjust your load plan.

Agreed...which is why I chose several pistols and rifles. Kids can carry too.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Hard to hunt geese and ducks with a .22LR.......and it sucks pulling the buckshot out of a rabbit.

.22's are the cheapest to shoot...and the easiest to find ammo for...which needs to be considered when SHTF......I'd save shotgun shells for bigger game or defense.

And more than likely, my 9mm would ALWAYS be on me. Period.

I would shoot geese with the .22 while they are on the ground and easiest to shoot. Use the .22 for rabbit also. If it is SHTF I would also not be out by myself. A good sling for the rifle and carry the shotty or larger rifle for defense.. I just don't see the need for a .22 pistol when you have a .22 rifle. But, to each his own. :patriot:

And like I said. I am not bugging out for most cases. So all my ammo/guns will be in reach.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I am putting together another BOB now.....
    Looks like it will be... firearms:
    Kel Tec sub 2k 9mm
    Glock 17
    My vest nicely will hold 24 of the 33rd mags and 3 of the 17rd....
    In my pack will be a S&W 422 with plenty of 22lr ammo and a half dozen 12rd mags....
    I hope to add a suppressor to the 422 in January....
    What do you guys think?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I am putting together another BOB now.....
    Looks like it will be... firearms:
    Kel Tec sub 2k 9mm
    Glock 17
    My vest nicely will hold 24 of the 33rd mags and 3 of the 17rd....
    In my pack will be a S&W 422 with plenty of 22lr ammo and a half dozen 12rd mags....
    I hope to add a suppressor to the 422 in January....
    What do you guys think?

My initial thought was that's a lot of firepower for very short range. If you're hungry and see a rabbit at 200 yards are you going to be able to take it if you can't sneak up on it and have to take a long shot? Are you going to be able to defend yourself from some SOB with mosin nagant that's 250 - 300 yards out? Just my thoughts.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    "What are your SHTF firearms? "

I have absolutely no idea on Earth what you are talking about.

Top Bottom