• ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I guess it would depend on how light I'd have to travel. Given enough time to organize and get stuff squared away, the answer would be 'all of them' as posted before: .357 and .44 mag revolvers, .44 rifle, AK of COURSE, Mosin for the simple reliability of the thing, and can't possibly leave home without the ol' Mossberg 500. Lots of different ammo required, which equates to mass and bulk...but I would consider all of those "necessary if possible to take." And while I'm at it, might as well take the bow and arrows--not always a good thing to have a big BOOM giving your location away to everyone and every critter for miles around!

Now, if it came right down to it? Probably just the revolvers because of reliability and ease of acquiring ammo and the AK for the same reasons, but in spades. This load, at least, simplifies ammo and reduces weight/bulk of ammo for quicker and easier bugging out. :twocents:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    H&K USC/UMP (45 cal rifle, one of the most accurate guns I own, converted over to UMP configuration), and my glock 17 (9mm... damn thing is indestructible)

Between those I can handle a lot of situations, and if I need to go bigger well, ill hopefully have made it to my house where there is way heavier firepower waiting.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    If I had to leave on foot and figured to fight my way to safety. A few year ago it would have been my M-14 and a 1911. Now with the lost of strength from illness and just getting old, it would be my AR-15 and my Sig 228 or Glock 19.

Now if I was needing to possibly fight as well as survive on local game. It would be my AR-15 and a .22 target handgun with a red dot sight for a camp gun.

This would be a last possibility for me. My home is well armed and supplied. I have friends close to help out. It would be very hard for me to leave here.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Ideally: M1A, 870, 1911. Realistically, I'll have the rifle and pistol, since the latter is always on my hip. If I'm lucky my wife will have the 870.

If I'm at work I'll have my trunk gear to fall back on: .38spl and 10/22. Hopefully they'll get me home safe and I can move up in caliber from there.

The fact that we are even having this conversation comforts me. The more people out there that are like-minded and prepared, the fewer people there are begging for help and/or looting/raiding.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mine would be at least a Rifle (AR), my 22, my 12 guage, and my 2 pistols (Glock and Diamondback db9) on my hip and in the pocket. Have a second BOB with ammo for these guns so if I had to leave, it would be a quick grab the guns and bag and go. At home, my SHTF would be all of them and have ammo for all of them.

kirkorner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Clay City, IN
    I would carry my XD9 tactical for sure.
    I would also probably carry my AR, but I might take some of the tactical crap off of it for weight issues.
    Maybe my Mossberg Persuader 12 gauge, with pistol grip of course.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    If I have to grab a pistol and long gun to deal with...whatever, it's going to be my G19 and my Mossberg 500. For a specific incident those plans could change.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you had to chose a long gun and handgun and bug out fast what would you take?
    Why would I bug out?

Short of a fire in my home, a nuclear event, or a tornado knocking my home down there is probably not much that could get me to leave my home. But even with a fire or a tornado, I have a secondary residence on my property with its own well, gas, electric, etc. so I'm probably not leaving my property.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I'd bring one of every common caliber. I can trade ammo for food. The no matter what ammo they have, I can use it.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Why would I bug out?

Short of a fire in my home, a nuclear event, or a tornado knocking my home down there is probably not much that could get me to leave my home. But even with a fire or a tornado, I have a secondary residence on my property with its own well, gas, electric, etc. so I'm probably not leaving my property.

Check that..I'm heading to his house.

:D

Top Bottom