• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im staying put, so all of them...... But if I had to leave for some reason i would take what ever i had the most ammo for and could carry the easiest at the time

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    If I had to leave quickly, I'd mainly want my AK, 1911, 870, if possible. If only two, AK, 1911. I'd feel pretty comfortable with my AK in many situations I think.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    12ga pump shotgun, 2- 38spec, (snubbie and 4in service revolver), Mosin 91/30 w/ sardine can of ammo. Still have a 22 semi auto rifle, and a 20 ga SxS for house backup.
    Couple of BOBs, (loaded )knives aplenty, think its covered.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    G17 and Kel Tec sub 2000 in 9mm Glock...they share mags and ammo, and the Kel Tec folds in to a backpack nicely.

keltecandglock.jpg

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Just curious, why would you take the tactical crap off? Isn't it stuff that you have determined is required to fight with your rifle?

I agree, the tactical "crap" should be there for a reason, it's not for decoration. If your tactical "crap" is a hinderance then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Spikes Tactical AR, drag bag with 10 loaded mags, ammo can with 1000 rds 223, 500 rds 45acp, molle pouch w/ 2 loaded mags, glock 36 with mag pouch, my bravo company sbr. my duffle bag w/ various items and haul ass.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Spikes Tactical AR, drag bag with 10 loaded mags, ammo can with 1000 rds 223, 500 rds 45acp, molle pouch w/ 2 loaded mags, glock 36 with mag pouch, my bravo company sbr. my duffle bag w/ various items and haul ass.
    That might be heavy

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mine are my nagant revolver and my mosin nagant.

If that is all you have then more power to you. That said,...

....the nagant revolver is an awful SHTF sidearm if there are others to choose from. Low capacity mixed with a round that is hard to find in the grand scheme of things, awful handling characteristics (opinion, I know), and parts availability make the gun WAAAAAAY down the list of sidearms that make sense.

The Mosin is also a less than optimal choice for a primary SHTF long gun. It is rugged and that is about where the good stops. It is long, heavy, low capacity, slow handling, inaccurate (relative to modern long guns), high recoil (relative..), bad sights, etc.

Dont take this as me bagging on your guns because that is not what I am trying to do here. I am not an ******* for no reason to people on the net like some are. However, this is a survival/disaster preparedness forum and not a fantasy land Fallout 3 New Vegas forum. Again, these two guns are better then none and may work for some. There are much better, cheap choices out there for situations where hunting, defense, and long range movements on foot are concerned.

/rant.

All that said, my picks would be my 12in LaRue Stealth + aimpoint + Gemtech and my G17. The stealth is light, accurate, holds 30rnds (obviously) of potent ammo, maneuverable, and has a sling...a comfortable one. The G17 is high capacity, runs on any 9mm I feed it, accurate, and I the one I train with the most.

Obligatory gun pron. The stealth.

DSCN02131.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If that is all you have then more power to you.
    He will have more soon enough.

First people list their guns here. Then the OP "friends" all the posters on FB. Waits to see which ones are dumb enough to post eating lunch at "Applebee's right now" OR "'Hey we are going to Tijuana for 2 weeks to watch the Donkey shows, leaving on Sunday."

Presto, OP now has a shopping list and new guns.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Haha. That may work. I dont want the OP to think I am bagging on his guns. I dont have either a nagant revolver or mosin, but would like to have both. Im sure both are a blast to shoot. With the firearms I currently own, both would be at the very bottom of the list as far as long gun and sidearm are concerned. My collection is not anything special either.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mine are my nagant revolver and my mosin nagant.

I don't have all mine yet. I do have my old shotgun.....and my 9mm. I try to keep 500 or more rounds on 9mm Ammo....and a 100 rounds of shotgun shells.

My SHTF wishlist?

1. A good .22 LR handgun for hunting small game. With several thousand rounds of ammo. (Ruger MK III hunter is on my list, or the Ruger Single 10)

2. A good .22LR rifle. Same reason. Most likely a Henry.

3. Home Defense shotgun. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. Pump model.

4. More 9mm clips.

5. A good bolt action LEFT HANDED Rifle....most likely a Ruger M77....with a good scope on it. And most likely in .308 caliber. No semi's

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I don't have all mine yet. I do have my old shotgun.....and my 9mm. I try to keep 500 or more rounds on 9mm Ammo....and a 100 rounds of shotgun shells.

My SHTF wishlist?

1. A good .22 LR handgun for hunting small game. With several thousand rounds of ammo. (Ruger MK III hunter is on my list, or the Ruger Single 10)

2. A good .22LR rifle. Same reason. Most likely a Henry.

3. Home Defense shotgun. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. Pump model.

4. More 9mm clips.

5. A good bolt action LEFT HANDED Rifle....most likely a Ruger M77....with a good scope on it. And most likely in .308 caliber. No semi's

I would not carry both .22 rifle nd pistol. I personally am more accurate with a rifle and I could carry my EDC in place of that .22 pistol. There is no sense in having the .22 pistol if I am going to have the rilfe on me as well.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I would not carry both .22 rifle nd pistol. I personally am more accurate with a rifle and I could carry my EDC in place of that .22 pistol. There is no sense in having the .22 pistol if I am going to have the rilfe on me as well.

Pistol is for when I am out with the shotgun or bigger rifle. Having it for small game. Plus, kids can shoot with it as well.

both those Rugers are fine hunting handguns. Also, .22 pistols with snake shot are nice when out hunting.....have shot more than one snake with them.

Top Bottom