What are you wishes for your body after you die?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are your wishes for your body if you die?

• Total voters

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime”

-NdGT

That, after I have been harvested to provide benefit to others or research.
    I honestly can't think of anything more to add to this. I have always wanted this for my body when I die.
    Harvest what you can to help others, and then wrap me in a sheet and plant me under a fruit tree. It's our natural duty to creation. I think embalming and preservation is extremely selfish. And this is coming from someone who grew up in a funeral home. I never understood it.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I personaly think pumping a body full of chemicals and puting it in a display box for all to come and gawk at is the most ridiculous human ritual of them all, and there are a lot of ridiculous human rituals.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I opted for cremation and disposal of ashes. Cheapest way to go at present. I do not care, really. I am waiting for the resurrection. See you all on the other side.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You don't have either of my things. I used to say "fold me up in a hefty bag and take me to the landfill (can you imagine the confusion that could cause?) Currently, what I want to do is more of a sick joke on my descendants; I want a big dose of thorium before I die (probably won't be much in advance) and be cremated. Oops, now I'm hazardous nuclear waste and can't be disposed, so I go in the vaseline glass urn, and glow in the dark for generations.

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    I once told my son I wanted a Viking funeral. Put me on a small boat set it a flame and let it drift away. I figured that the EPA and DNR would be all over him for that. Littering/abandoning a derelict vessel / open flame pollution. Actually I am an organ donor and will be cremated.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    =hoosierdoc;4153547There are lots of ways to handle things. Such as donating to the anatomy lab at IU does not preclude burial or cremation.

My neighbor and I both signed up for body donation with IU Medical School and shortly after, my neighbor died. The family called IU and they said Bill didn't meet the criteria for body donation and that the family would have to make other arrangements. I called and asked what the criteria was ans was told you have to be under 6' tall and weigh less than 200 ponds. I asked about Bill since he was only 5,8 and about 180 pounds. The girl then told me that so many people have signed up for the program that they can't use all the bodies. She suggested I make alternate plans and not rely on being accepted. You can donate your body, but don't rely on that as your final solution, or your family could be forced into making unexpected arrangements and incur final expenses they hadn't planned on.

I went ahead and contacted Midwest Cremation in Fort Wayne and made arrangements for direct cremation with no embalming, casket or funeral services. The total pre-paid package including the insurance policy to cover the expenses was only $1300. A buddy of mine has already agreed to take my ashes up to the 1,000 yard line at my favorite rifle range and scatted me there, where the wind scattered my .308 rounds all over the targets. I can't think of a nicer place to rest, listening to all those rounds ringing the steel plates.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Death rituals are more for the survivors than the departed. Same with marriage. Vows before the community. CathyinBlue I love your sense of wit/humor. It would be fun to have a beer with u.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Cremated then spread somewhere. Haven't decided where yet. The ocean would be cool, drift around the world.

But in all reality, probably somewhere I haven't been yet that has some sort of life changing impact on me. I am only 19 after all. No need to make a rash decision, I have plenty of time. I hope.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I used to have my name listed as a donor, but after heart disease, lungs scared from an industrial incidence, Kidney problems,ulchers, eyes ruined in a botches lasik, arthritis, and complications from heart medications, there just are not many good parts left. I can't even donate blood anymore.

I guess all I can leave the world is my good looks and fun loving wit..........

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    I have a buddy who drag races in NHRA Pro Comp class. '70 Nova 1100 hp alcohol injected big block. Runs under 7 sec. Would be cool to have my ashes mixed in with the methanol and then be burned off down the quarter mile. I would probably have to also will him an engine rebuild though. Pretty sure I'd gum up the works. Hmmm? This method might be cost prohibitive. Maybe he could dump me into a rival's tank while they weren't looking?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Organ donor and science for me. Someone may as well get some use out of the shell when I'm done with it.

It prefer the rest in a plain wood box, with an Oak tree planted above. I'm all about recycling, too.

Of your options, though, I guess I'm really left with "cremation and dispose of ashes". That's the only legal way I can be returned to the earth (the modern vaults just don't cut it).

Top Bottom