What are you wishes for your body after you die?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are your wishes for your body if you die?

• Total voters

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    About Us

Harvest my organs, cremate, send the ashes here. Get an assortment of 12 gauge home defense loads and .45s all to be used defending those who survived me if the need ever arises.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    The option for none of the above is missing!

If I can have my body dumped somewhere and left without a burial, to rot the way I'm supposed to, that is my prime choice. Alas, people are crazy about the ritual around dead bodies and would never let it happen, so the next closest thing is sending me to the body farm at U of Tenn to be studied as I rot.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gave my mom the traditional modern funeral and burial, but that wasn't for her. It wasn't for me. It was for the rest of the family. I retain the option of having her dug back up, cremated, and then spread her ashes on the NW face of Mt. Rainier, which she had a picture framed view of out the front door of her barracks when she served at Ft. Lewis in the early 1970s.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Have a friend that is donating his body to IU.

Cremation for myself. Need to get details for the spouse.

Did you ever think about the day you would die,
    They wrap you up in a big white sheet and put you in the gound about six foot deep,
    It's ok until about two weeks later, then the coffin begins to leak,
    The worms crawl in and the bugs crawl out, your arms fall off and your eyes pop out.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't really care, I'll be dead. The wife and kids can do with me as they see fit. If they want to make a big fuss about it, fine. In my opinion, the after death stuff/ritual is strictly for the living and how they decide to grieve. If someone does have specific wishes as to how they want their body to be treated post mortem I think they should be honored. But I think all the fancy stuff is a waste of time and money IMHO.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Cremation. If I'm still living in this area when I pass I would like to have my ashes spread at several locations where I have spent a lot of my time. Sullivan Lake, Minnehaha, Greene-Sullivan, Phil Harris golf course and the families property outside of Worthington. For me there would be no better resting place than to be in all of these places at the same time.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm, take from me whatever could be used to help another person. After that, my family can do with me whatever makes them feel better, I won't know any different since I'll be dead.

This, 100%. If there's anything I have that could be used to help another person, then do it. The thought of being in a little box gives me the heebie jeebies. The thought of being burned does that same thing. But the reality is that I will be dead and won't care. Cut me up and put me in trash bags for all I care. Or just throw me into the tiger cage at the zoo. It really won't matter at that point.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Another vote for don't care. I'm dead, it doesn't matter. Dump me in a ditch, in the river, whatever, I don't care. There will be no funeral and all the hullaballoo. And yes, I've had this discussion with the Mrs.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Funeral pire. Would require some help though and the illegallity of it makes help scarce. Guess i could stack it up myself and crawl onto it holding a torch and wait. but that seems boring.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want a great pyramid built in my honor. I want to be mummified in the fetal position and stuffed whole into a large canopic jar which is then interred in the center of that pyramid. In the same chamber, I want stored all of my treasured possessions in life. My computer. My car. My motorcycle. In the next chamber over, I want interred alive, all of my earthly slaves, so they can continue to serve me in the afterlife.

Being from Indiana, this pyramid will of course be native limestone.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    The wife and I have the same plan for each other once we're gone: open us up, take whatever someone needs, cremate and spread. Somewhere in the woods to return to nature.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I want a great pyramid built in my honor. I want to be mummified in the fetal position and stuffed whole into a large canopic jar which is then interred in the center of that pyramid. In the same chamber, I want stored all of my treasured possessions in life. My computer. My car. My motorcycle. In the next chamber over, I want interred alive, all of my earthly slaves, so they can continue to serve me in the afterlife.

Being from Indiana, this pyramid will of course be native limestone.

I was wrong before. This is the winner!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime”

-NdGT

That, after I have been harvested to provide benefit to others or research.

Have some plans in place. Leaving the decision to the family only adds undue stress. They may live the rest of their life wondering, stewing over whether they made the right decision.

Top Bottom