What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Glad I waited. It was an interesting historical story, but as a movie, it was honestly pretty boring.

I can understand.
    That's my field, well not so much the design, though I had to understand that.
    But I can follow it. And it was borderline boring for me.

I always liked the Chernobyl mini series. It was my version of a scary movie.
    But I don't think I see that for 'free'

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've seen clips of it on Youtube, but finally watched "Old Henry". Not terrible, but definitely not a great western. Pretty loose plot that requires characters to temporarily go stupid to advance, injuries go from debilitating to nonexistent to debilitating again, etc. The cast is pretty solid, though, and it's good enough to watch for free on Roku channel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've seen clips of it on Youtube, but finally watched "Old Henry". Not terrible, but definitely not a great western. Pretty loose plot that requires characters to temporarily go stupid to advance, injuries go from debilitating to nonexistent to debilitating again, etc. The cast is pretty solid, though, and it's good enough to watch for free on Roku channel.

You've just described A LOT of movies there.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Looks like the new Ghostbusters movie is out on Netflix. Might watch that tonight if I decide to go inside for the night anytime soon

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Kinda watched The Revenant. We cancelled Max and have 3 days left and my wife wanted to see it. I paid about half attention while doing other stuff. Seemed alright. That bear scene, though...I know it's a guy in a suit enhanced with computer graphics but wow.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm reading the Foundation series again. It has been a long time since I last read it. I didn't realize just how much Apple TV changed the story for their series. Other than the overall idea and some names being the same, it is a totally different story. Including four main characters in the show that were changed from male to female.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Looks like the new Ghostbusters movie is out on Netflix. Might watch that tonight if I decide to go inside for the night anytime soon
    Wife and I watched it tonight. Meh. It was entertaining and had a few funny lines, but the whole thing just felt forced or phony. Like Jason Reitman asked Google AI to pretend to be Harold Ramis and write a Ghostbusters story for him. I don't know. Time to let it RIP, I think.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm reading the Foundation series again. It has been a long time since I last read it. I didn't realize just how much Apple TV changed the story for their series. Other than the overall idea and some names being the same, it is a totally different story. Including four main characters in the show that were changed from male to female.

Hollywood is famous for that.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    We watched 'As Good As It Gets' on Max/HBO last night. I'm sure I had seen it before but it is an classic that could not be filmed today in the PC world. Jack Nicholson is great as always and Helen Hunt at age 34 ain't too bad.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    I have had Amazon Prime for a long time and it honestly never occurred to me that their shows on there to watch. Would anybody recommend anything specific? I am a big fan of shows like stranger things, the outer banks, shameless, your honor, in the dark, ozark, and so forth. I can tolerate a little bit of woke nonsense the show is good enough. Any suggestions would be great!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I have had Amazon Prime for a long time and it honestly never occurred to me that their shows on there to watch. Would anybody recommend anything specific? I am a big fan of shows like stranger things, the outer banks, shameless, your honor, in the dark, ozark, and so forth. I can tolerate a little bit of woke nonsense the show is good enough. Any suggestions would be great!
    l don’t know if you’re into Police dramas, but the Bosch and Bosh Legacy series are excellent.

I’m just starting to get into mayor of Kingstown, still deciding on that one.

For me, prime by itself doesn’t have a lot. I find myself watching a lot of Paramount+ because of shows like seal Team, the new Criminal Minds and Picard.

Patiently, waiting for the second season of the new Justified and The Old Man as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They have a number of good shows.

Carnival Row, Reacher, The Expanse, Outer Range, Fallout, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Bosch

Top Bottom