What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I don't watch Obamavision (Netflix) ...just Prime with Showtime....City on the Hill is good...The Chi is good, Billions is good, Bosch is good....that's about it

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't watch Obamavision (Netflix) ...just Prime with Showtime....City on the Hill is good...The Chi is good, Billions is good, Bosch is good....that's about it

So Netflix has one show with Obama, and it's out, but you'll watch a so show set in Chicago? :dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Mr Iglesias on Netflix. Fluffy is a teacher.

I binge watched it today.

Overall, it's a meh. I'd rate it as about average for a new network television sitcom overall. Some of the individual performances are excellent, but the writing is uneven. The writers are doing a better job with dialog for characters than others (aside from Gabriel Iglesias, of course). Half the characters fit a "real" sitcom and half would be more at home in one of those Saturday morning shows intended for kids on the Disney Channel.

There were only 2-3 "laugh out loud" moments during the entire season.

The political humor is also one-sided, to the detriment of the show. They would be better served to deliver stupid fun without trying to teach lessons with their ham-fisted writing.

On the upside, I was unaware that Gabriel Iglesias was such a good mimic. His impressions are quite good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testament_(1983_film)

Testament is a 1983 drama film based on a three-page story titled, "The Last Testament" by Carol Amen (1934-1987),[SUP][2][/SUP] directed by Lynne Littman and written by John Sacret Young. The film tells the story of how one small suburban town near the San Francisco Bay Area slowly falls apart after a nuclear war destroys outside civilization.
    Originally produced for the PBS series American Playhouse, it was given a theatrical release instead by Paramount Pictures (although PBS did subsequently air it a year later). The cast includes Jane Alexander, William Devane, Leon Ames, Lukas Haas, Roxana Zal and, in small roles shortly before a rise in their stardom, Kevin Costner and Rebecca De Mornay. Alexander was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “Bosch” on Amazon Prime. Old school police/detective drama. I’m in season 2 and I am loving it.

It has a real “yesterday’s L.A.” vibe. I was trying to figure out why that resonated with me and I think it’s because it comes off as a modernized “Dragnet” (with swearing and occasional partial nudity) and I LOVE Dragnet. (Actually, if you can find the early 2000s Dragnet reboot with Ed O’Neill, it’s worth it). Also there are several actors from “The Wire” and I really liked that.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    “Bosch” on Amazon Prime. Old school police/detective drama. I’m in season 2 and I am loving it.

It has a real “yesterday’s L.A.” vibe. I was trying to figure out why that resonated with me and I think it’s because it comes off as a modernized “Dragnet” (with swearing and occasional partial nudity) and I LOVE Dragnet. (Actually, if you can find the early 2000s Dragnet reboot with Ed O’Neill, it’s worth it). Also there are several actors from “The Wire” and I really liked that.

I'm glad that they've done a good job of keeping close to the Michael Connelly novels. It's one of my favorite authors and series.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Two episodes from the end of "Person of Interest". While I enjoyed it, the gun play is so atrocious as to be absurd. Think minigun rounds bouncing off a standard sedan.

But, I just got season 4 of Outlander. So it's back to the eighteenth century for me.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'm glad that they've done a good job of keeping close to the Michael Connelly novels. It's one of my favorite authors and series.

There are some differences between the series and the novels. IMO, in most cases the changes in the series were improvements from the books.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    There are some differences between the series and the novels. IMO, in most cases the changes in the series were improvements from the books.

Yes, I know there are some differences, but it doesn't go totally off the rails like Jason Bourne did. I won't watch those movies because they destroyed the actual story. Anyway, I agree, the changes made were good.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yes, I know there are some differences, but it doesn't go totally off the rails like Jason Bourne did. I won't watch those movies because they destroyed the actual story. Anyway, I agree, the changes made were good.

I don't watch the Bourne movies because of Matt Damon but that is even more reason to avoid them. I thought the Lincoln Lawyer movie had some improvements over the book as well. I know MC retained quite a bit of control over Bosch and I suspect he did with the Lincoln Lawyer as well, it definitely shows.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I think I tried BOSCH several years ago, but it didn't grab me . Just started again this Spring and I've been through all the seasons. Its great and anxiously awaiting a new season/!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom