What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Have had Netflix DVD rentals for several years, always a 2 day turn around on movies. Put one in the mail 2 weeks ago and never received another. Usually get an email confirmation also. Called them. Very nice english speaking lady answered, apologized for the delay said the PO must have lost it. No problem, she cleared it and sent me 3 new movies as compensation.

Excellent service which is going out of style!!!

Don

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I honestly had no idea Netflix even still did the whole mail order thing.

On an unrelated note, is anybody using a VPN to watch movies or shows only available in other countries? I recently starting using Nord VPN and didn't know if there was anything not available in the US worth checking out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I honestly had no idea Netflix even still did the whole mail order thing.

On an unrelated note, is anybody using a VPN to watch movies or shows only available in other countries? I recently starting using Nord VPN and didn't know if there was anything not available in the US worth checking out.

Available how?

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Netflix content varies by country. There are shows in Britain that aren't shown to US users for example. Using a VPN let's you go through a server in various countries, opening up content available to users in that country.

I've done it with NordVPN several times in the past couple of years. Works perfectly. NordVPN premium subscription is only like $2 a month. Well worth it, use it on both laptop and mobile.

I haven't used it in the States to access other countries' shows, I've used it while travelling in other countries to access US Netflix. I presume it works exactly the same.

Tip for travellers going to places with ****ty wifi: turn on your VPN, put your device as close as possible to the router, and download what you want to watch (if download is available). Once it's done downloading you can either keep the VPN on and watch it or just turn on airplane mode and watch it without any loading interruptions or playback quality issues

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm about halfway through the 3 seasons of "Colony" on netflix. I have enjoyed it quite a lot. Basic premise is aliens take over earth, wall off swaths of urban areas, and use an installed privileged class of humans to run things. The aliens themselves are not the focus so much as the interaction of the collaborators, resistance, and general population. Minimal to no PC crap. The creators cite the Nazi occupation of Paris as an influence. Most folks adapt and take in stride the occupation.

Speaking of occupying forces, has anyone watched "Fauda"?

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just noticed it's on Netflix now.

[video=youtube;W2bMmtNRpI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2bMmtNRpI8[/video]

Acteon, Kut and I really like it, will Indiucky join that list? :dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Found the Star Trek animated series. It's the first time I've seen the episodes since first run on NBC Saturday morning cartoons in 1973-74. Some the of the writing is excellent.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just noticed it's on Netflix now.

Acteon, Kut and I really like it, will Indiucky join that list? :dunno:

Thank you....I will be watching that...This was pretty good...Not great but pretty good...he seems like a genuinely nice dude...

[video=youtube;PAkp0h4ktf0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAkp0h4ktf0[/video]

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My offspring turned me on to Letterkenny on hulu, and I binged that recently. I watch it online, and my firefox ad blocker kills the ads, so I get a silent period which is less annoying than the commercial.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My offspring turned me on to Letterkenny on hulu, and I binged that recently. I watch it online, and my firefox ad blocker kills the ads, so I get a silent period which is less annoying than the commercial.

giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom