What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK. TOTALLY not either of these streaming services. This is religious, so if you are absolutely turned off by that, move on. If you are an agnostic, give it a watch anyway. You will at least be entertained, but maybe... ? :dunno: (If I already posted, forgive me, its just that good)

Our family has discovered a great series called "The Chosen" Its produced by VidAngel Studios and is entirely crowd funded. Its going to be 7 seasons (9 episodes per) about the life of Jesus. It is INCREDIBLY well written, filmed, and produced. Each episode is based on a bible story about Jesus. (Water to wine, healing the leper, healing the cripple that was lowered through the roof, etc) And of course they are told in sequence as it follows his life, as well as the lives of his Disciples. (our family is especially fond of their interpretation of Matthew (the tax collector), who they choose to portray as being uber-intelligent, OCD, a germaphobe, and on the spectrum.)

They have filmed season 1 and released it on DVD, and are shooting season 2 soon.

Ive only found one nit to pick and it was the less than perfect green screen blue sky background in a couple shots in two scenes. Just enough to notice, but not enough to distract really. But that was an anomaly, because the fish in the scene where Jesus tells Andrew and Simon to cast the net on the OTHER side of the boat to catch fish after fishing all night and catching nothing, the CGI fish look damn real. (I didnt know it was CGI until reading about it) I suspect the shots that bother me were after the fact and they were trying to match the original live scene.

Give the trailer a quick watch, you wont be disappointed. You can stream for free, but they encourage you to pay it forward and pay for the stream so they can fund future episodes. We skipped paying it forward but bought the DVDs.

We're buying the first season DVDs and giving them as Christmas gifts to family. (at least those that believe) Its THAT good. Once again, all sales go toward funding future seasons, so I have an ulterior motive because I cant wait to watch the rest!

https://studios.vidangel.com/the-chosen

Give it a quick watch.

[video=youtube;X-AJdKty74M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-AJdKty74M&feature=emb_logo[/video]

This was my first exposure; The Christmas pilot that was shared on Facebook. I was hooked after watching this one. Not as well acted as the actual series, but still good.
    [video=youtube;4y9rNSKuk3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y9rNSKuk3I[/video]

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Has anyone seen The Good Cop on Netflix? From the writers of Monk, starring Tony Danza and Josh Grobin? What's not to like? Sounds promising. Might be my perfect blend of police-y comedy drama without too much gore. (Is that a thing, because it totally should be.)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Has anyone seen The Good Cop on Netflix? From the writers of Monk, starring Tony Danza and Josh Grobin? What's not to like? Sounds promising. Might be my perfect blend of police-y comedy drama without too much gore.

I saw an episode or two. I couldn't get past Josh Groban acting. He was too far one way and Tony was too far the other way.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I regret agreeing to a double shift tomorrow because it means I can't watch Mando Season 2 premier when it drops @ 2am-ish

Le sad.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Have I mentioned Red Rock on Prime Video? It's a pretty good series. Irish cop show. Season 1 is 80 episodes (that's right EIGHTY) but they are short, ~25 minutes including he occasion lead-in add and recap/title, all of which can be skipped. Very easy to binge as each episode ends with a cliff-hanger and the story arcs continue through much of the first season, and have carried over into Season 2.

It's rather soap-opera-ish, and since its Irish, there's not much gun-play. I've only heard the phrase "armed police" a couple of times in the first season. I did note either at the late 1st season or early 2nd one of the plain clothed detectives showed carrying a pistol in a horizontal shoulder rig. Again, at times the LEOs seem like they have almost a social worker role, but that may be realistic in the Republic.

Overall, not a bad series!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Watched episode 1 of The Good Cop. It was meh. I may continue watching it, may not. Depends on how bored or desperate I get.

I watched the entire series (only 1 season). It's not great, but not terrible. A solid B-.

Give it another episode or two. It does get more interesting.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Funny you mention NCIS never gets old. :)

I lost track of NCIS a number years back when I moved just out of CBS antenna range. Recently I found the show on one of the online services.

Sadly Pauley Perrette has not aged well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom